Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Talent Show 2010!! WTH Blaithnaid?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I can't believe Sean Taaffe is out!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Sean taaffe didnt get through :(

:(

Daithi O Se saying that he loved the public vote over the judges vote, cop the hell on!

The band are still there:confused:

David Lofts you little star I am SO happy for you!
    His happy face when he got through!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Magenta wrote: »
    David Lofts you little star I am SO happy for you!
    His happy face when he got through!

Na Fianna through as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Thank god yer man David is through .. a bit of credibility...

thank fk that marching band are out as well.. ridiculous.. Those lads in na Fianna are much better than the High Kings... And they didnt try sell an album on the back of a charity single .. Lost all respect for the High Kings after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Found out david lofts has a girlfriend. So unfair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GaryW

Chris is a huge loss he was by far the best on the night. David Lofts nerves were gone. Dustin said he had his guitar in the rehearsal id say he **** himself because the guy was shaking like Michael J Fox. Maybe he will do Johnny Be Goode in the semis. In fairness to David he is good but he should try to be his own man and not just be a mimic... he is a good mimic but it will tire fast! Marching band is a joke in that sort of show! Its a shame the Dublin vote was so diluted on the night. Chris should have flown through, judges gave it to him too!!!

Man, that Emma O'Sullivan is one sexy little mare..

think she nearly fell off her bucket there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SxE

jesus this programme is sooooooo ****in bad.....

Man, that Emma O'Sullivan is one sexy little mare..

think she nearly fell off her bucket there though.

She is feckin gorgeous isn't she!

• Advertisement

Also, what's the craic with Dana... she wears the same black velvet suit jacket EVERY WEEK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SxE

Also, what's the craic with Dana... she wears the same black velvet suit jacket EVERY WEEK!

awh yeah i noticed that, and also why does Blaithnaid have them horns and fire breath every week. ye'd swear she would have given that up by now...

Ah ffs, na fianna through instead of Re Seasún.

On a side note, I think Grá has been brilliant this series.. very very professional, looking well, very smooth control of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

do i need a new television or were the judges listening to someone else perform time to say goodbye by andrea buchelli , thought that guy was awfull this evening

irishh_bob wrote: »
    do i need a new television or were the judges listening to someone else perform time to say goodbye by andrea buchelli , thought that guy was awfull this evening

He seemed very nervous.

He seemed very nervous.

Agreed. His start was very bad.. I think his timing was off and the voice wasnt great.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DrMicrobe

I agree,
    bit of a shaky start but he nailed it at the end. Definetely a contender to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kareena

Hi guys, just to remind you that David Lofts is a 16 year old normal lad, he's bound to be nervous representing his region, school, family, etc. Please don't be too harsh with your criticisms in this regard. I am his sister and I can assure all of his critics out there that David taught himself how to play the guitar - not one lesson- and yes, he was very nervous, but I'm very proud of him for what he has achieved - for a 16 year old! :o

Agreed. His start was very bad.. I think his timing was off and the voice wasnt great.
    I disagree, his talent is raw, his passion is there in abundance and he has a great voice. Every song he sings he makes it his own and trust me, I've heard him learn them both with his voice and with his guitar. Music is what he does and I believe he does it so well and with every ounce of him!

DrMicrobe wrote: »
    I agree,
    bit of a shaky start but he nailed it at the end. Definetely a contender to win.
    Thanks for your support. I hope so, its what dreams are made of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GaryW

kareena wrote: »
    Hi guys, just to remind you that David Lofts is a 16 year old normal lad, he's bound to be nervous representing his region, school, family, etc. Please don't be too harsh with your criticisms in this regard. I am his sister and I can assure all of his critics out there that David taught himself how to play the guitar - not one lesson- and yes, he was very nervous, but I'm very proud of him for what he has achieved - for a 16 year old! :o

Everyone family will think they are brilliant but if you put yourself out there then you should be able to take criticism. Nobody cares what age you are or that your are "normal" just that you can get out there and do you thing and do it well... Nerves can be a good thing but rattling on the TV isnt... It's all well and good being brilliant infront of the mirror but if you can't do it on the show then you dont deserve to be there. Look at that young lad Ben Escorcio he was fantastic, not a tremour in sight, and much younger than David Lofts... In my opinion David will be back nerve free at home fairly soon, maybe he can practice mimicing someone else infront of his mirror and im sure you will still be proud of him.

He is very talented but you cannot seriously expect people not to criticise him.
    He went on a talent show knowing he would be judged by the public and has to expect criticism. If he is not thick-skinned enough to stick some criticism then the music industry is not for him in my opinion. You can't expect us to baby him!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

I disagree, his talent is raw, his passion is there in abundance and he has a great voice. Every song he sings he makes it his own and trust me, I've heard him learn them both with his voice and with his guitar. Music is what he does and I believe he does it so well and with every ounce of him!
    Thanks for your support. I hope so, its what dreams are made of!

If your going to come on this thread to promote your brother I suggest you take the time to read the whole thread, the posts you quoted were in relation to Michael Lawlor, the opera singer from the South.

Don't you just love opinions!

Enjoy the show guys!:D

Don't you just love opinions!

A bitchy remark like that is not making your brother or you look good.
    I'm not going to be told not to criticise someone and nor is anyone else.
    If you have so much belief in your brother then send him to the X Factor. Try telling Simon Cowell not to criticise him.

I was talking about the opera singer. The world doesnt revolve around your brother.

For what it's worth I think your David Lofts is the best in the competition, and as a singer myself, I admire his confidence.. Dont know how he's gonna fare with the stupid voting system they have though. Ben is very very good as well. Either of the two should win, but it's all about the votes and who organises the best campaign at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Hope ben does well tonight :)

I was talking about the opera singer. The world doesnt revolve around your brother.

Hopefully her brother can sing better than she can read.

Just watching the show now. SHOCKED that Dana is wearing her black velvet suit jacket! That's not like her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

i couldn't hear his guitar once through that performance...:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

All that was missing from that performance was a hat.

Advertisement