Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Talent Show 2010!! WTH Blaithnaid?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ciara lofts

The hot guitarist david (i think thats his name) got through so I'm a happy camper :D.

hey same here i am davids sister in law cant wait for his show 14 feb he will smash it everyone out there please vote for david lofts .....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ciara lofts

hey to everyone out there already fans of david lofts please vote for him .......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

DATHI SEANNOSE
    DATHI SEENOSE
    DATHI SOMENOSE

WHATS STUCK ON DAHAAAAAATTIS FOREHEAD LOOKS LIKE A CACTUS...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

hey same here i am davids sister in law cant wait for his show 14 feb he will smash it everyone out there please vote for david lofts .....:)

wow. I'm embarrassed now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I watch this every week and I have to agree with some of ye.
    The "ghetto grannies" tonight weren't that funny. They put in a lot of effort but they just are not funny. Same with Shane Lynch's "two nerdy chicks" comedy act a couple of weeks back.

Blathnaid is a complete bitch and her and John Creedon are as tactical as it gets. You can see her bullying tactics underneath all the time, the way she gets the East's crowd to roar when anyone questions her judging. She seems to try and sell her acts based on their "just an ordinary Joe" qualities as well. "One is an electrician, one is a plumber, perfect!"- No, Blathnaid, not if they don't have talent.
    Shane Lynch is a great judge, knows what he's talking about and is honest and doesn't get into politics.
    Dana isn't bad, you can tell she really believes in her acts.
    While I don't believe he has the experience in the music industry to qualify him as a judge, Daithi is very kind and honest at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tommy Fleming sings like a sheep.

Magenta wrote: »
    The "ghetto grannies" tonight weren't that funny. They put in a lot of effort but they just are not funny. Same with Shane Lynch's "two nerdy chicks" comedy act a couple of weeks back.

Yeah both acts are based on a supposedly funny pretext. But both groups had poor material. Tonight's comedy act was particularly poor. Wasnt really comedy at all, didnt really know what they wanted to be.

Tommy Fleming looks a ginger/slightly chubbier clone of Alan Hughes

I'm delighted Sean Taaffe the dancer got the wildcard place. He seemed to really really want it, he has the talent and it can not be easy growing up as a male dancer in Clondalkin, an area that's a little on the tough side.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

I'm delighted Sean Taaffe the dancer got the wildcard place. He seemed to really really want it, he has the talent and it can not be easy growing up as a male dancer in Clondalkin, an area that's a little on the tough side.

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

I watch this every week and I have to agree with some of ye.

Blathnaid is a complete bitch and her and John Creedon are as tactical as it gets. You can see her bullying tactics underneath all the time, the way she gets the East's crowd to roar when anyone questions her judging. She seems to try and sell her acts based on their "just an ordinary Joe" qualities as well. "One is an electrician, one is a plumber, perfect!"- No, Blathnaid, not if they don't have talent.
    Shane Lynch is a great judge, knows what he's talking about and is honest and doesn't get into politics.
    Dana isn't bad, you can tell she really believes in her acts.
    While I don't believe he has the experience in the music industry to qualify him as a judge, Daithi is very kind and honest at the same time.

blaithnaid is proof that regardless of a complete absence of brains or talent , one can make it to the top with sheer chutzpah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Aimi33

What did ye all think of the gymnastics..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

im sad that linda didnt get through cause we are friends but she picked a ****ty song really. The guy who won deserved it really.

Why the fook did the so called judges give more points to that annoying little fart of a kid? cute |= talented

Teutorix wrote: »
    im sad that linda didnt get through cause we are friends but she picked a ****ty song really. The guy who won deserved it really.

Why the fook did the so called judges give more points to that annoying little fart of a kid? cute |= talented

They always pick annoying little kids. That kid did not have a note in his head, they always go for the cute factor, especially Dana.
    I really didn't like the voice of the girl who sang I Dreamed A Dream, it was too high pitched for my ears! That song is also too associated with Susan Boyle so people would compare the two- and Susan sings it much better. That girl should have picked a different song.

My god how did Dana put that young lad Céalan through. Absolutely ridiculous. The lad cannot sing, and looks and sounds nothing like Freddie Mercury.

That other 16 year old lad is amazing, say he has a good chance of picking up the female vote and winning the whole thing.

EDIT: Cant believe he wasnt voted through, stupid stupid voting system.

My god how did Dana put that young lad Céalan through. Absolutely ridiculous. The lad cannot sing, and looks and sounds nothing like Freddie Mercury.

That other 16 year old lad is amazing, say he has a good chance of picking up the female vote and winning the whole thing.

EDIT: Cant believe he wasnt voted through, stupid stupid voting system.

in fairness, how many people are in that gymnastics club? I'm sure they got everyone they knew to vote for them. It's not like one of those contests in britain where the huge population can determine the vote. I

in fairness, how many people are in that gymnastics club? I'm sure they got everyone they knew to vote for them. It's not like one of those contests in britain where the huge population can determine the vote. I
    Actually Linda got the most viewer votes i think

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭galwaynative

Actually Linda got the most viewer votes i think

Teutorix has a point here - Linda certainly must have got more votes than David as they do a similar exercise to convert telephone calls to a number. so he must have been thirdin order of number of votes as otherwise he would have either tied or beaten the winning act.
    It will be interesting to see how all the wild cards fare tonight when it is just a viewer vote. Think the acts will have a minute each - the poor marching band will only have marched on when it is time to march back off again :D

Teutorix has a point here - Linda certainly must have got more votes than David as they do a similar exercise to convert telephone calls to a number. so he must have been thirdin order of number of votes as otherwise he would have either tied or beaten the winning act.
    It will be interesting to see how all the wild cards fare tonight when it is just a viewer vote. Think the acts will have a minute each - the poor marching band will only have marched on when it is time to march back off again :D
    There is also the fact that she told me she did on Thursday night :p

Oh god, these marching bands suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I hate that Romey kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Bullllllllllllshid!

David lofts <3

tomissex wrote: »
    I hate that Romey kid.

Me too. I'm very torn between Sean Taafe and David Lofts.
    I wasn't mad about David's movements while he was singing tonight, he kept clenching his fists and kind of shaking his hands. He probably just isn't used to having his hands free since he usually plays guitar. He has such a beautiful voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭galwaynative

David lofts <3

correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I think Chris Geoghegan is fantastic! I really hope he gets through. Him and Sean Taafe are my two anyway.

Sean taaffe and david lofts for me :)

Sean taaffe and david lofts for me :)

Yep!!! Sean wants it soooo much. You can see it in his eyes.

Seán and David for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Gave my vote to Sean Taffee, think he really deserves it, would like Chirs too.

Blainaidh is sooooooooooooooooo annoying - would put me off voting for her acts

• Advertisement

Sean taaffe didnt get through :(

Advertisement