Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 10 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

_Kooli_ wrote: »
    I got some insider info.
    Aoife was refusing to go on the you're fired show, so they had to concede to a list of demands. What subjects could be brought up and what couldnt.
    BOC was threatening to walk if that happened, but of course he didnt.

doubt that, BOC would have went to town on her had she acted the diva and he more or less asked her everything anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lucinda is hot imo. Very hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lucinda is hot imo. Very hot.
    She was great in Ster Trek ;)

odo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Sizzler wrote: »
    She was great in Ster Trek ;)

Yes, every week while Bill is backstage fixing his wig, Lucinda tries to race him through the Star Trek doors :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Back to the fishy-eyed blonde

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1125/theapprentice.html

If that's true that people have been shouting at her on the street, it's well out of order!

I can only blame inexperience for the way she felt she "had to retaliate" - becasue the only one who looked bad from her 'retaliation' was herself. She still let herself down no matter what her reasons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Thought it was a bit unfair that 2 people sold 12 and 3 sold 16, yet the three won?

Surely it should have bben based on sales per head.

Then again, that Aoiffe one is two faced (if not even more) so I suppose that made up the numbers

Yes, every week while Bill is backstage fixing his wig, Lucinda tries to race him through the Star Trek doors :D
    LOL! I'm surprised they havent got the doors sponsored and plastered with some companies logo :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dragon_irl

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Back to the fishy-eyed blonde

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1125/theapprentice.html

If that's true that people have been shouting at her on the street, it's well out of order!

Not out of order at all. I can't wait to see her to offload some abuse. I'm struggling to put in words how much I actually hate her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭_Kooli_

thermo66 wrote: »
    doubt that, BOC would have went to town on her had she acted the diva and he more or less asked her everything anyway.

I got it from the horses mouth.
    BOC was nothing more than a gelding in that one. He did threaten to walk, but had to come back with his tail between his legs in the end.

Watch it again and watch his performance. He wasnt the same BOC.

BOC was nothing more than a gelding in that one. He did threaten to walk, but had to come back with his tail between his legs in the end.

I don't believe this.

The girl who was fired 2 or 3 weeks ago (can't remember her name) and who didn't go onto the BO'C show only got away with it because of an oversight in the contracts that was only applicable to her. There was 2 seperate contracts - one for each show and for some reason, it went unnoticed that she hadn't signed the contract for the 'Extra' show.

That's what I read anyway - in a couple of different places. And if it's true, Aoiffffe had no choice but to go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Anyone smell some BS here?
    But Aoiffe said the since 'The Apprentice' has been aired, she has received hateful text messages and has been shouted at in the street.

How did people get her number?
    Or maybe her friends are sending her the text messages..... :rolleyes:

I don't believe this.

The girl who was fired 2 or 3 weeks ago (can't remember her name) and who didn't go onto the BO'C show only got away with it because of an oversight in the contracts that was only applicable to her. There was 2 seperate contracts - one for each show and for some reason, it went unnoticed that she hadn't signed the contract for the 'Extra' show.

That's what I read anyway - in a couple of different places. And if it's true, Aoiffffe had no choice but to go on.

So you believe the part about someone only not going on the you're fired show because they didnt sign a contract.

:rolleyes:

Nobody has to go on to the you're fired show if they dont want to.
    They are not paid for it and so any contracts are not enforceable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So you believe the part about someone only not going on the you're fired show because they didnt sign a contract.

It would be very easy to avoid it in any case. A sudden onset of Swine Flu. :D

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It would be very easy to avoid it in any case. A sudden onset of Swine Flu. :D

Very true :)
    Both shows together are just a 2 hour advertising session for TV3 anyway.
    As long as they get the adds and plugs in they dont really care if the contestants show up or not.

You might be on to something there Kooli, just reading the rags there and now that BOC has landed Tubridy's old Saturday night slot and TV3 are not impressed and are considering getting someone else to anchor the 'You're Fired' show.

I don't know that they're not paid for it do I?
    Oh yeah.....you do of course.....you hear things "from the horses mouth"....obviously, Aoifffe tells you all about her finances too! :o

Why the heck would they agree to go on it if they don't have to and they don't get paid to?

I also spoke with a previously evicted contestant (not Aoifffffe) and was told the same thing, they do not get paid for any aspect of participation. I know this person a long time and there was no reason for me to disbelieve them.

Why the heck would they agree to go on it if they don't have to and they don't get paid to?
    Because they drag out their 15 mins of fame that bit longer!

I expect they have been fed and clothed as well during their time in the show so that forms part of their agreement, allbeit a fairly weak agreement as theres nothing stopping someone from telling the producers to shove it.

I don't know that they're not paid for it do I?
    Oh yeah.....you do of course.....you hear things "from the horses mouth"....obviously, Aoifffe tells you all about her finances too! :o

Well why did you bother posting then.
    You're not very consistent are you?
    You believe one media story, but then you disbelieve another one. Neither one has anymore merit than the other, but you CHOOSE to believe one of them. I didnt ask you to believe mine, just pointed out your amazing logic.

My work takes me in contact with certain media companies, where i am told things.
    You are just being argumentative for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

dragon_irl wrote: »
    Not out of order at all. I can't wait to see her to offload some abuse. I'm struggling to put in words how much I actually hate her!

I hear ya !!!! What a total bitch. Never seen anyone so bitter as she was. Pure evil.

• Advertisement

Well why did you bother posting then.
    You're not very consistent are you?
    You believe one media story, but then you disbelieve another one. Neither one has anymore merit than the other, but you CHOOSE to believe one of them. I didnt ask you to believe mine, just pointed out your amazing logic.

My work takes me in contact with certain media companies, where i am told things.
    You are just being argumentative for the sake of it.

I'm not very sure what exactly is the other "Media" story I apparently don't believe. Are you now saying that your "from the horses mouth" account is actually something you got told by someone in a certain media company...like BO'C himself – If it wasn’t him, then it’s hardly “from the horses mouth” is it.- and if it is, that hardly constitutes a "Media story” being reference here!!

You’re right, I am sort of playing devils advocate a bit .

Good luck to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Calm down a bit folks. Cool yer jets.

dalquist wrote: »
    I hear ya !!!! What a total bitch. Never seen anyone so bitter as she was. Pure evil.

Don't get me wrong - I strongly disliked Aoiffe.

But, in the interests of balance, do you two not see any believability in her claim that Ger was very nasty to her when the cameras weren't there? If you concede that this is possible (or even probable), would it be fair to say that possibly, the only difference between Aoiffe and Ger is that the latter was a bit more streetwise in the sense that she was clever (or sly) enough to only attack when the whole country wasn’t watching - and that the former wasn't quite as two-faced?

I'm not very sure what exactly is the other "Media" story I apparently don't believe. Are you now saying that your "from the horses mouth" account is actually something you got told by someone in a certain media company...like BO'C himself – If it wasn’t him, then it’s hardly “from the horses mouth” is it.- and if it is, that hardly constitutes a "Media story” being reference here!!

You’re right, I am sort of playing devils advocate a bit .

Good luck to you!

You're taking this far too personally. Deep breaths.

Don't get me wrong - I strongly disliked Aoiffe.

But, in the interests of balance, do you two not see any believability in her claim that Ger was very nasty to her when the cameras weren't there? If you concede that this is possible (or even probable), would it be fair to say that possibly, the only difference between Aoiffe and Ger is that the latter was a bit more streetwise in the sense that she was clever (or sly) enough to only attack when the whole country wasn’t watching - and that the former wasn't quite as two-faced?

I would agree with you. I think Geraldine was worse. Played the sly hoor smarter though. She lost it on camera at one stage. You'll see it on "You're fired" if you watch it again. She was asking her what experience she had in billboards and was soooooooo bitchy. Listen again. It showa her true colours

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

To pick up on the poster who mentioned that the contestants dont get paid for the show- it does kinda explain the level of talent (or lack thereof) that ends up on the show... In fairness why would anyone who had any level of cop on risk going 12 weeks or whatever without any income for a 7% chance of getting a job. People have bills that need a payin'. You wouldn't even be able to draw the dole!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

To pick up on the poster who mentioned that the contestants dont get paid for the show- it does kinda explain the level of talent (or lack thereof) that ends up on the show... In fairness why would anyone who had any level of cop on risk going 12 weeks or whatever without any income for a 7% chance of getting a job. People have bills that need a payin'. You wouldn't even be able to draw the dole!

Disagree. I think you're some ways away from the bottom of the employment ladder when you have the savings / confidence to be able to leave a job and take a 12 week shot at this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

dalquist wrote: »

Ha ha, I think the funniest thing about all this is that you know somebody somewhere (probably a co-worker or something in Cleary's) who's had some dealings with this loon is absolutely delighted everyone got to see what a mad b*tch she is!

This weeks episode really summed up Cullen for me and is complete ineptutude or is he would say wuffling :rolleyes:

He criticised the Lucinda's team for a lack of humour numerous times...."Where was the humour, people want to be entertained at presentations" he exclaimed. This is the same Bill who castigated the team on the cadbury's task for trying to inject some humour into the presentation by getting the lads to dress up as rhubard and custard! Do people want to be entertained and humoured at a presentation for a serious brand like Microsoft? Really?

The losing team had 2 punters on it, they made 12 sales, fair split, 6 each. The winning team had 16 sales, less than 6 each. How could the 2 person team be possibly expected to ever overhaul the other team? Ironically the losing team also were WOEFUL. The skanger with the dodge eyebrows did NOTHING. A complete joke.

Two things in the boardroom had me in stitches. The clowns were nodding and agreeing with Bill every time he rolled out some bullshyte, as if he was talking sense, almost in awe of him. Shows the competance levels of the contestants. Not one person has put it up to him and told him hes talking bollox.

And the line of the night "I'm lookin fer someone tha can hit de ground runnin in my organisation". PMSL, how difficult could it be? Let me see, its 1 of 3 things - Working in a renault garage trying to flog cars / working in his hotel trying to flog rooms or working in the training centre trying to flog conference space. God help the winner.

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote: »
    This weeks episode really summed up Cullen for me and is complete ineptutude or is he would say wuffling :rolleyes:

He criticised the Lucinda's team for a lack of humour numerous times...."Where was the humour, people want to be entertained at presentations" he exclaimed. This is the same Bill who castigated the team on the cadbury's task for trying to inject some humour into the presentation by getting the lads to dress up as rhubard and custard! Do people want to be entertained and humoured at a presentation for a serious brand like Microsoft? Really?

The losing team had 2 punters on it, they made 12 sales, fair split, 6 each. The winning team had 16 sales, less than 6 each. How could the 2 person team be possibly expected to ever overhaul the other team? Ironically the losing team also were WOEFUL. The skanger with the dodge eyebrows did NOTHING. A complete joke.

Two things in the boardroom had me in stitches. The clowns were nodding and agreeing with Bill every time he rolled out some bullshyte, as if he was talking sense, almost in awe of him. Shows the competance levels of the contestants. Not one person has put it up to him and told him hes talking bollox.

And the line of the night "I'm lookin fer someone tha can hit de ground runnin in my organisation". PMSL, how difficult could it be? Let me see, its 1 of 3 things - Working in a renault garage trying to flog cars / working in his hotel trying to flog rooms or working in the training centre trying to flog conference space. God help the winner.

I believe people have several times taken him up on his double standards and general unfair BS. But filming is stopped and the producers get the script back on track. Cullen makes an idiot of himself a lot in there.

But Cullen is never to come out of any exchange without winning it. If he does then they re-do the exchange or edit it to make him the winner. Thems the rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement