Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 10 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dragon_irl

who else despises aoiffe as much as i do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Does anyone know where Bill gets his wigs? I've been watching him for the last few weeks and wondered how a guy his age has such a full head of black hair. It doesn't look dyed, you know that sort of Larry Gogan orange, and last night you could see the hair on the side of his head was a different colour to the rest. The way he wears it long at the back is a giveaway, Irish Jig! He is always very careful not to touch it, last night he wiped some perspiration from his forehead and he kept well away from the hairline. What think ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

dragon_irl wrote: »
    who else despises aoiffe as much as i do?

i think she's great, a woman with a bit of fire bitch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

stepbar wrote: »
    But he's a sales man. He's got nothing else. I could see him as a good car sales man and hell Bill needs a few of them at the moment. As far as I can see his "organisation" ain't that diverse TBH. Basically, he's got the cars, a property portfolio and a training institute in Swords. Not very diverse IMO. My god I'd like to see someone like Sean Quinn, JP McManus or even Dermot Desmond instead of Bill. At least they have diverse and challenging businesses in their portfolios. I doubt they would be interested in the job TBH. Probably see it as a bit of a joke. In fairness, I think they would be looking for more in an "Apprentice".
    Ah yes, nail on the head my friend. His "portfolio" is about as diverse as a black and white movie :rolleyes:
    stepbar wrote: »
    Geraldine is a bit of a joke TBH. A company owner? What company? As far as I know she was an account manager for a company called Crystal Clear Skin Care who I know very well (not going to go into for very obvious reasons). Nothing really spectacular TBH.
    LOL. No surprise there. Sad to say she was only put in due to her similar background to Bill, nothing else. Sympathy candidate.
    Just had a quick read through the thread and noone mentioned the bit about the show I found most unbelievable.

Aoiffe added the second F to her name herself?? Like WTF? For real? What a pretentious cow.
    Thats unreal! What a clown! Heard shes back working in Clerys?
    CKWPORT wrote: »
    Your right there, no matter what they do, Bill says they should have done the opposite...Damned if you do, Damed if you dont.

I had to turn it off before Aioffe got fired, I couldn't listen to Bill the big hypocrite anymore...So sick of him now at this stage.
    Oh yes, my friend, Ive posted that one many a time :D An absoloute clown of the highest order and thats with a script :eek:
    gibo_ie wrote: »
    So does the product make sense to anyone after seeing their presentations?
    Having been with Aoiffe and Steve for two days i thought it was quite good considering this was the first time they seen the technology and didn't have that long to learn it and show the uses of it.

@ Lucinda: Bill Gates? Seriously? -- why not ask the MD of Microsoft Ireland (Who was in the building) to stand at their expo.....

In fairness though, both presentations were 20 mins long in real life, edited down to about 3 for the telly, i thought it was verry close...
    Why havent you mentioned that the chap who was conferenced in from "Mexico" was actually sitting a few rooms away in the Microsoft building :confused::o Farcical stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Johnedwards

Having been with Aoiffe and Steve for two days i thought it was quite good considering this was the first time they seen the technology and didn't have that long to learn it and show the uses of it.

@ Lucinda: Bill Gates? Seriously? -- why not ask the MD of Microsoft Ireland (Who was in the building) to stand at their expo.....

In fairness though, both presentations were 20 mins long in real life, edited down to about 3 for the telly, i thought it was verry close...

I thought the product was totally boring and the guy helping Aoiffe was looking at her really wierdly! He didnt look comfortable in that tie at all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Sizzler wrote: »

Why havent you mentioned that the chap who was conferenced in from "Mexico" was actually sitting a few rooms away in the Microsoft building :confused::o Farcical stuff.

I believe he said he was "from Mexico" .... ;)
    At least it was "Creative"!!!

I thought the product was totally boring and the guy helping Aoiffe was looking at her really wierdly! He didnt look comfortable in that tie at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Personally i found the episode/product/task a huge let down tbh... Netmeeting is hardly i new product (i remember having an older version of it bundled with a pc about ten years ago) so all that this task was really promoting was a 360 degree webcam- a wee bit dull even for a gadget slut like myself. I just cant see irish businesses really buying into video conferencing in any big way... Irish people are too fond of the personal touch. Theres always skype if they're stuck anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

scatriona wrote: »
    wig or extensions??!!!:confused:

lol she must have got them done for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

I'd say Aoiffe was jealous of Geraldine because the skanger Dub was getting the knob off the posh guy, clearly a position Aoiffe saw herself in.

Vadge jealousy is a terrible thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dragon_irl

bangbang1 wrote: »
    Gunner eye Aoiffe is gone yipee !!! O Connor on tv is like watching a clown running through a mine field..Dumb red neck...

Glad to see the back of her, what a weapon! Reckon she could eat an apple through a tennis racket with that set of delph too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

dresden8 wrote: »
    Vadge jealousy is a terrible thing.

Lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

That Aoiffe is one hate-filled, snob of a girl.

I thought Geraldine looked pretty much defeated by her a couple of weeks ago when they showed her crying etc. and still Aoiffe wouldn't let up hounding her. Even after revealing the extent of her hatred in that completely unwarranted rant the likes of BOC still find ways to take her side.

I know Geraldine hasn't been faultless in it all but I thought it was plain to see that Aoiffe was the aggressor and was trying to put Geraldine down at every opportunity she had. I was genuinely surprised that so many people could regard what was essentially attempted-bullying as a mutual dislike. Fair play to Geraldine for fighting back and eventually rising above it.

It's sad how good looks (arguable, I know) can win so many people over - blinding them to the truth and/or blatant character defects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Gibo, I think 'Johnedwards' may be a colleague sitting not too far from you, or he may be in, ahem, Mexico! Always be wary of a first post, particularly if it's a piss take :D

Gibo, I think 'Johnedwards' may be a colleague sitting not too far from you, or he may be in, ahem, Mexico! Always be wary of a first post, particularly if it's a piss take :D

Yeah, i have a feeling about this... At least it wasnt as bitchy as Aoiffffe/(AJH)Geraldine ;)

I believe he said he was "from Mexico" .... ;)
    At least it was "Creative"!!!
    Creative? No. Lazy.Yes.
    It's sad how good looks (arguable, I know) can win so many people over - blinding them to the truth and/or blatant character defects.
    Good looks :confused: Cross eyed FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Max Power2

I heard from someone in microsoft that the whole product demo thing was mostly "faked" to make it look better than it actually is. Mexico boy and Norway girl, both in next room, and that expo at the end filled with renta crowd microsoft employeees - not a genuine sales show. Or maybe that's not the case gibo?

Max Power2 wrote: »
    I heard from someone in microsoft that the whole product demo thing was mostly "faked" to make it look better than it actually is. Mexico boy and Norway girl, both in next room, and that expo at the end filled with renta crowd microsoft employeees - not a genuine sales show. Or maybe that's not the case gibo?

Wow another first poster!! Anyway, what MS or the film crew did for any episode is not anything i know about :)

There were genuine customers there at the expo and presentations, that i can confirm. Were there others drafted in to build up numbers? I dont know...

As for the demo being faked, it was live to the customers and done in one take, they each got one trial run to prepare but live run was the one you seen on TV last night! Apart from the paid actors not sure about fake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sad to see Aoiffe go. She was the only interesting character left.

Geraldine is annoying
    Lucinda is lucky to still be there IMO
    Ginger Steve is there by the skin of his teeth
    Steve had a bad week and showed that sales is his only strong-point

Can't see a real winner who deserves the job ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Bill in fairness looked totally peed off at the end of last nights show as if he is thinking 'Jaysus they're all brutal' so he will end up picking English Steve and stick him on the forecourt to sell a few cars and then sack him after the year is up, with Breffni and Aoifffffffe gone the show looks like it will become very boring from here on in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm glad Aoife is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Crow71

JP Liz wrote: »
    I'm glad Aoife is one
    Im glad she is one too. Any more would be too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Anybody hear Aoiffffffe being interviewed today on the Ray Foley Show on Today FM

Only caught the end of it - but it sounded like more of the same drivel from her!

She's a horrible git!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

dalquist wrote: »
    My blood is boiling after both shows....particularly the YOU'RE FIRED show. What an absolute total bitch that pretentious cow with the double FF is !!!! What a disgraceful display in the car at the end when she was so vicious about Ger. That was the entire reason for her tears. Such is her venom against Ger, that to go out before her was almost beyond coping with. We have seen her over the weeks mock Geraldine's accent, demean her verbally to anyone who will listen, and her utter snobbery towards a girl with an inner city background and accent showed her up for the reptile that she is.

We then got her (skanky hair extensions and all ) batting her eyelashes at Brendan, who gave every indication to us, the audience that he probably had an erection for the entire time he was sitting next to her. What is it about a bit of blond fluff that sends males ga ga.

Again, Brendan began to have a go at Geraldine about her shafting Breffny last week. She did absolutely no such thing. The girl had about ten minutes before the task time ended, and they desperately needed another sale. Breffny God bless him could not sell sand to the arabs, and she made the absolute right call to do the sale herself. I really do think she offered to write up the sale to Breffny as almost a consolation prize to keep him happy for the day, and at least have something written in the book, and instead they have turned it into this treacherous act !!!

The final insult I am afraid was that really disgraceful "gift" of a dart board with Ger's face on it to Aoiffffffffffffffffffffffee. She held it up with glee the rotton cow. I sincerely hope that Geraldine has the last laugh in the end because that is one wide eyed bleached blond shark that I hope never to see again on our screens or anywhere else, and if Breffney has started a "friendship" with Aoifffffffffffffffffffe then more fool him.

Geraldine???
    Is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I love the tags for this thread!

"crazy eyed bunny boiler" and "nice rack lucinda"

Brilliant! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,983 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Anybody hear Aoiffffffe being interviewed today on the Ray Foley Show on Today FM

Only caught the end of it - but it sounded like more of the same drivel from her!

She's a horrible git!

She showed her true colours alright; a nasty little woman and no amount of education or money could ever hide her complete lack of class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭iceman7

so aoiffes from galway.well she must have burrowed her way outta galway early in life,yah she has a d4 accent now,lucinda to win,ginger nuts gets the chop next week,followed by bulbous head steve. ger and lucinda get to the final and its a landslide win for luscious lucinda chammmmooonnnnee:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

JP Liz wrote: »
    I'm glad Aoife is gone
    Thats not how she decided to spell her name ;)
    iceman7 wrote: »
    so aoiffes from galway.well she must have burrowed her way outta galway early in life,yah she has a d4 accent now,lucinda to win,ginger nuts gets the chop next week,followed by bulbous head steve. ger and lucinda get to the final and its a landslide win for luscious lucinda chammmmooonnnnee:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

More chance of Elvis fronting the show next series.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Lucinda is probably the candidate that pisses me off the least. So for that and no other reason I hope she wins it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭_Kooli_

I got some insider info.
    Aoife was refusing to go on the you're fired show, so they had to concede to a list of demands. What subjects could be brought up and what couldnt.
    BOC was threatening to walk if that happened, but of course he didnt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement