Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Exams

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Results are up!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Going to check now! Very nervous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Good luck with the results peoples :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

3B's and 2C's not bad for a part timer :)

A, B, 2 C's and a D, thought I'd failed maths but got a D:cool:. And my exam deferred I missed cause of the snow. What are credits all abotut?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

A, B, 2 C's and a D, thought I'd failed maths but got a D:cool:. And my exam deferred I missed cause of the snow. What are credits all abotut?

I think it's if you failed and you get enough credits to earn an exemption ("I" in your Grades beside the module).

If you fail and there is no "I" beside your grade I think it means you haven't earned enough credit's.

Anyway I'm happy out. 4 A's 2 B's and a D. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

Dam thats a relief
    3c's and 3c+'s and 2b+

pheew

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

passed everything thank god 1 a 1 b+ 2 b 2 c wooooooooooo so happy

Osu wrote: »
    I think it's if you failed and you get enough credits to earn an exemption ("I" in your Grades beside the module).

If you fail and there is no "I" beside your grade I think it means you haven't earned enough credit's.

Anyway I'm happy out. 4 A's 2 B's and a D. :D

"I" is deferred I know that anyway, got an "I" on one of mine.:D But ye I get ye. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Damn,mine arent up yet,seems like everyones are but mine,could be because I'm repeating but I dont know :confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 zonic.

I got a 2.0 GPA, 4 C's, 1 C+ and a D. Does this mean im repeating the "D"? There is no "I" beside it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

zonic. wrote: »
    I got a 2.0 GPA, 4 C's, 1 C+ and a D. Does this mean im repeating the "D"? There is no "I" beside it :(

you can compensate the D with your C+ i think

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

zonic. wrote: »

GPA of 2.0 is needed to pass the semester, you're fine.

I got Bs and Cs woop :)

ashyle wrote: »
    GPA of 2.0 is needed to pass the semester, you're fine.

How is that? You get1.0 for a D i thought, so even if you get 10 D's your GPA is 1.0 so you've passed all the subjects but failed?? GPA's really confuse me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'm delighted with mine! Got all honours :)

So thrilled I won't have to repeat anything!

Out of interest ... does anyone know how grading system works?

IE. for a masters, I'll need a 2.1 or higher ... does higher mean 2.2 or 2.0?

Sorry if that seems like a really stupid question, but I really have no idea! :o

Pika, a 2:1 has nothing to do with the GPA system, unfortunately it seems now in most colleges yearly results are in terms of GPA yet you are still awarded a 1:1, 2:1, 2:2, 3rd or pass degree.

the easiest way to work it out is being conservative A=85, B = 70, C =55, D =40, add them up and divide by the number of subjects and you will get your percentage.

afaik 55-70 is now a 2:1 (changed a few years ago)

Advertisement