Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Exams

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

There wont be the transport armageddon tomorrow that was to be expected.

I've 2 cars, one was running fine, but in the other the water in the engine froze and has taken 4 days to thaw out with the addition of wrapping the engine in a blanket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

There wont be the transport armageddon tomorrow that was to be expected.

We'll see how this anticipated blizzard goes! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

When did anyone blame the college?

It's impossible for some people to sit the exams. Some people are snowed in, some people are relying on buses that aren't running, some people have tried to get to exams and got stuck in heavy traffic.

It's not as easy as you're making out.

+1 now I'm being told I have to repeat in August. So seven-iron get off your high-horse PC way and get a poxy grip.

+1 now I'm being told I have to repeat in August.

That's a bummer :(

I reckon my exams this week will go ahead, because the weather's improving. Although, if all that slush freezes today, the roads will be a nightmare tomorrow.

Just FYI, UCD has closed its campus 'til Wednesday and Trinity have postponed their exams, along with various ITs.

Seems to be only our college that's not joining the club!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Weather is due to stay clear and no great freeze is due to take place. My next exam isnt til Wednesday so I fully expect it to go ahead... Accountancy :eek:

• Advertisement

Weather is due to stay clear and no great freeze is due to take place. My next exam isnt til Wednesday so I fully expect it to go ahead... Accountancy :eek:

I'm in on Wednesday too.

A guy in my class lives near me, so he's going to give me a lift, in case buses are all over the place again (I hear they're running as normal today)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

well count our blessings that todays exams weren't reinstated yesterday evening. NUIM exams that were originally postponed for today until friday 22nd actually went ahead today as originally scheduled

well count our blessings that todays exams weren't reinstated yesterday evening. NUIM exams that were originally postponed for today until friday 22nd actually went ahead today as originally scheduled

That's really bad notice for students though, isn't it?
    When did they find out they had to do the exam today?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

To be fair here, a lot of people are using the weather as an excuse not to do the exams. I know a girl who says her busses arent running and so cant get in for them, and is getting them deffered, and a friend seen her bus running, and when we checked it online there were no changes to her route at all. For the most part the busses have been running as normal through the exams. Obviously if people cant sit them, it's no ones fault, but it's kind of annoying that some people are getting away with using it as an excuse to have more time to study and stuff.

Pipz wrote: »
    To be fair here, a lot of people are using the weather as an excuse not to do the exams... it's kind of annoying that some people are getting away with using it as an excuse to have more time to study and stuff.

Well, if people are doing that, surely it's their own decision? It's not like they're affecting anyone else by not sitting their exams.

Anyone deferring will have to do their exams in August, during their summer break ... Not exactly convenient having to study over the summer and be stuck doing exams.

• Advertisement

Pipz wrote: »
    To be fair here, a lot of people are using the weather as an excuse not to do the exams. I know a girl who says her busses arent running and so cant get in for them, and is getting them deffered, and a friend seen her bus running, and when we checked it online there were no changes to her route at all. For the most part the busses have been running as normal through the exams. Obviously if people cant sit them, it's no ones fault, but it's kind of annoying that some people are getting away with using it as an excuse to have more time to study and stuff.

Just because it says on the internet there running doesn't ean they actually are, I found out the hard way on Saturday.

Anyone deferring will have to do their exams in August, during their summer break ... Not exactly convenient having to study over the summer and be stuck doing exams.

Exactly, I sure as hell don't want to have to do my deferred exam in August and for my next 2 exams I'll fecking walk up the Greenhills Rd just so I don't have to defer anymore.

I sure as hell don't want to have to do my deferred exam in August and for my next 2 exams I'll fecking walk up the Greenhills Rd just so I don't have to defer anymore.

Ouch! Wrap up warm :(

A friend in my class offered me a lift to our two exams, so I'm really lucky

Such a pain the roads are so bad. It's unfortunate that it's going to affect a lot of people's summers.

Ouch! Wrap up warm :(

A friend in my class offered me a lift to our two exams, so I'm really lucky

Such a pain the roads are so bad. It's unfortunate that it's going to affect a lot of people's summers.

Weather depending I think I have a lift off a mate who does a different course but has an exam the same day.:D Buses seem back to normal anyway so hopefully that stays that way.

Would it not be easier for people to get the Luas to Kilnamanagh and walk down from there??

Kingswood even?:D

Kingswood even?:D

Yeah thats the one, I was wondering why it sounded weird in my head :rolleyes:

Would it not be easier for people to get the Luas to Kilnamanagh and walk down from there??

I'd get lost!

I know how to get around Tallaght village, but that's about it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Sure the Square is closer to college than the Kingswood stop :confused:

ashyle wrote: »
    Sure the Square is closer to college than the Kingswood stop :confused:

Did he not mean get off at Kingswood to walk to the exam centre? I'm confused now!

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Duh me, I shoulda known he meant that! I was thinking in terms of catching the bus from the college though!

• Advertisement

Did he not mean get off at Kingswood to walk to the exam centre? I'm confused now!

:confused:
    ashyle wrote: »
    Duh me, I shoulda known he meant that! I was thinking in terms of catching the bus from the college though!
    Yep sorry for the confusion! I meant get off at Kingswood and walk to the NBA!

Results out the 19th Feb.

With those derferral forms do I hand them in on the 1st Feb or what?

I thought it was the 16th:confused: ah well a stay of execution :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Results out the 19th Feb.

With those derferral forms do I hand them in on the 1st Feb or what?

Hand the forms in as soon as possible man :)

Teferi wrote: »
    Hand the forms in as soon as possible man :)

Won't be out there till 1st or won't even be able to. Do I throw it into the school of computing office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Snozzy

Alright everybody,

Just wondering if somebody could help me out with my question. I done absolutely rubbish in my exams and i reckon i failed 4 or 5 out of 6. However i done enuf in my ca's that i would be able to pass overall with repeats in August or whenever they are. Is there a limit on how many repeats ya can do or am i a gonner?

Its not a case of me not liking the course and my attendance and what not is grand ive just had a really rough time of late and made a complete mess of the exam siituation because so. Im only in first year and i know meself i am capable of much more, just need to be given the chance to prove it. Really dont wana get kicked out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Won't be out there till 1st or won't even be able to. Do I throw it into the school of computing office?

If it needs to be stamped then head to the School of Computing, if not head to the registrars :)
    Snozzy wrote: »
    Alright everybody,

Just wondering if somebody could help me out with my question. I done absolutely rubbish in my exams and i reckon i failed 4 or 5 out of 6. However i done enuf in my ca's that i would be able to pass overall with repeats in August or whenever they are. Is there a limit on how many repeats ya can do or am i a gonner?

Its not a case of me not liking the course and my attendance and what not is grand ive just had a really rough time of late and made a complete mess of the exam siituation because so. Im only in first year and i know meself i am capable of much more, just need to be given the chance to prove it. Really dont wana get kicked out!!

There is no limit on the amount of repeats you can do. If you are having problems and these problems affect your work in college you should talk to someone - your mentor, head of your school or a lecturer you like. ITT can and do help you with personal problems and the workload especially in first year but you have to tell them. They're not going to know otherwise :)

Hope this helped.

Teferi wrote: »
    There is no limit on the amount of repeats you can do. If you are having problems and these problems affect your work in college you should talk to someone - your mentor, head of your school or a lecturer you like. ITT can and do help you with personal problems and the workload especially in first year but you have to tell them. They're not going to know otherwise :)

Hope this helped.

Good advice, but well I had an extreme family situation at the start of December and was basically unable to attend college. Firstly I asked my mates to just say it to the Head of the department office, they where told I'd have to call up so my dad did, then he was told that I'd have to go in and speak to them. So the two days I managed to get in for an hour to do in-lab CA's, once I waited for 45 mins without anyone in the office before I HAD too leave and the second time I waited once before my CA and then afterwards for 20 mins and still no luck.

Now thankfully anything has turned out for the best and was nothing short of a miracle but what if I was unable to go back to college in Feb or sit the exams a few weeks back!? Who I have to go through all that crap again!?

Out tomorrow, outta my 3 I had, missed one, failed one and passed one is what it looks like.

Results session is in D2 tomorrow night, but it's over 20's!?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 zonic.

Ugh not looking forward to this at all. Did 6 exams, possibly failed 2. I'll be checking my results at 8am tomorrow morning.

Advertisement