Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Exams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think they have to cancel them unfair to people who have a long travel im alright l live near collage but for long travellers its going to be a nightmare getting there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Have my toughest exam tomorrow and would prefer it goes ahead, i'm not far from the college so i'm probably biased, but it'll upset my mojo! i'm ready for tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Have my toughest exam tomorrow and would prefer it goes ahead, i'm not far from the college so i'm probably biased, but it'll upset my mojo! i'm ready for tomorrow!!

Good luck :)

Honestly, the whole thing is a disaster ... half the people trying to do the exams will be late because of traffic delays, if they can get there at all!

I'm not in until next week, the 13th ... So things should be back to normal by then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 boochy

its nuts if it still goes ahead, obviously there is widespread chaos, the college has a responsibility and surely safety is on their agenda??

http://www.dublinbus.ie/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

All buses to tallaght stopping at spawell and walkinstown roundabouts, basically Dublin bus is saying tallaght is not accessible at present.

• Advertisement

All buses to tallaght stopping at spawell and walkinstown roundabouts, basically Dublin bus is saying tallaght is not accessible at present.

yup, wonder what they will do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Can anyone confirm that exams are on today?

trying to get on to the college, no joy. Im in castleknock/carpenterstown area and all buses from here and lucan area are cancelled or affected. Tried to drive yesterday and it was a disaster, dont think ill be able to make it in either way.. will have to repeat id say. Dont think ill be the only person unable to attend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

would guess so, seeing as no further update on the website. best to get them over with anyway. just leave enough time to get in

Never seen this before, but my exam is at 19:00 anyway.

The January 2010 Examinations

PLEASE NOTE:

EXAM TIMES FOR THURSDAY 7th JANUARY HAVE CHANGED. EXAMS WILL NOW RUN AS FOLLOWS.

10.00 - 12.00

13.00 - 15.00

16.00 - 18.00

19.00 - 21.00

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Got through to Laura Reilly there. All exams are going ahead as scheduled.

10.00 - 12.00 (previously 9.30-11.30)

13.00 - 15.00 (previously 12.30-14.30)

16.00 - 18.00 (previously 15.30-17.30)

19.00 - 21.00

boochy wrote: »
    Tried to drive yesterday and it was a disaster, dont think ill be able to make it in either way.. will have to repeat id say. Dont think ill be the only person unable to attend

:eek:

That's awful. Surely if so many people are facing major traffic delays and issues with being on time for the exams, they'll have to start cancelling or postponing them ... They can't just make everyone repeat in August!

:eek:

That's awful. Surely if so many people are facing major traffic delays and issues with being on time for the exams, they'll have to start cancelling or postponing them ... They can't just make everyone repeat in August!

I'm coming from citywest and the roads are really really bad, My exam is at 7 so i'll be leaving here at 17:30 and hoping that its enough time to get there!

tbh even if I had to crawl i'd still go, repeating sucks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Osu wrote: »
    Got through to Laura Reilly there. All exams are going ahead as scheduled.

TBH I think that's a disgrace.

Thank God I'm gettin a lift to my exam on Saturday, just happens my mate who does a different course has an exam at the same time as me and she driving.:cool:

All Dublin Bus services are stopping at 20:00 tonight.

Feel for the people who have exams till 9 and need to get a bus.:mad: It's crazy that the exams are still going ahead ffs.

Exams starting @ 19:00 have been cancelled (well my one has anyway). BA Tech Mgmt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

All late exams have been cancelled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Only for tonight ( for now )

• Advertisement

Just on that note, thought I'd post a link to the Dublin Bus website.

All the information about affected bus routes and services is on the homepage.

The bus I usually get to college is only going as far as The Spawell at the moment ... Totally screwed if the weather conditions stay the same or worsen (as expected)... I won't be able to even get to Tallaght, let alone the exam hall!

Quick question. Exam I have on Saturday is worth 60% of the subject, 40% was in CA's. I got an A in one CA worth 20% and a C in the second one worth 20%. How does this add up? Would it be about 25% overall or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Quick question. Exam I have on Saturday is worth 60% of the subject, 40% was in CA's. I got an A in one CA worth 20% and a C in the second one worth 20%. How does this add up? Would it be about 25% overall or what?

You probably have closer to 30% for those 2 CA's

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Anybody who missed the exams yesterday due to the weather, there's a link to the deferral form on the tallaght website.

That bloody arena was frrrreeeezzzing yesterday :(

Bryn wrote: »
    You probably have closer to 30% for those 2 CA's

That means then I only need 10% or thereabouts from my written exam on Saturday?

Aim high gav! Don't be thinking about just getting 10%

Aim high gav! Don't be thinking about just getting 10%

Just like to know where I stand.:D

So the college calls off the exams on Monday, yet today and tomorrows are still on even with temps dipping to -12 last night and more snow.:rolleyes: Leatst the 77's are running up to the NBA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

All primary and secondary schools now closed until Thursday

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0108/weather.html

I have one tomorrow, and tbh would much prefer to get started on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭BearsyBoo

ridiculous the exams are still on!! the road in to the nba is trechorus, not a bit of grit and cars sliding all over the place

Advertisement