Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Exams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I have one tomorrow, and tbh would much prefer to get started on them.

Likeso, but tbh safety should come first. A lad in my course has to come in from the back arse of Meath, now how he's going to get to Tallaght I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

Likeso, but tbh safety should come first. A lad in my course has to come in from the back arse of Meath, now how he's going to get to Tallaght I don't know.

i had exams yesterday and 2 of the class live in ratoath and another in ashbourne and they got in fine.

tbh people need to just suck it up and if they are going ahead just leave in time and get in early for them.

much better to get them done now.

exams being postponed just add more stress to things and to people like us part-timers it adds another layer of hassle with trying to get more time off work and rearranging already agreed commitments. this kinda stuff we can do without

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I have one tomorrow, and tbh would much prefer to get started on them.

I know what you mean, but if the weather and road conditions are this bad, it's really not safe for people to be travelling. Also, for people who rely on bus services, it's simply not possible to get to Tallaght.

wardy32 wrote: »
    ridiculous the exams are still on!! the road in to the nba is trechorus, not a bit of grit and cars sliding all over the place

I was wondering about this ... How long is it taking for the buses from the college to get to The NBA?

Heads Up: I just heard on News Talk that Batt O'Keffee has said all schools round the country will be closed this coming Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Presumably, that will have an impact on third level colleges and institutes as well.

I guess it all depends on how the weather is this weekend ...

URGENT EXAM UPDATE
    Important update on IT Tallaght Examinations for Monday 11th January.
    Given the forecase of a snow blizzard late on Sunday and Monday and the availability of transport options, ALL IT TALLAGHT Examinations scheduled for Monday 11th Janauary - in the National Basketball Centre, the Institute and other centres have been postponed.
    The postponed exams will be scheduled from Monday 18th January 2010. The revised timetable will appear on the institute website.
    Examinations for the rest of next week will proceed as scheduled.

NB Examinations scheduled for tomorrow Saturday 9th January will take place as scheduled. Please see below.

Exam Schedule

All Examinations will take place at the following times

10:00 to 12:00 (previously 9:30 to 11:30)

13:00 to 15:00 (previously 12:30 to 14:30)

16:00 to 18:00 (previously 15:30 to 17:30)

19:00 to 21:00 (no change)

Availability of transport!? Sure there was no poxy buses to Tallaght yesterday ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Hopefully The exams will continue Tuesday if the weather permits.

• Advertisement

Osu wrote: »
    Hopefully The exams will continue Tuesday if the weather permits.

Things are supposed to seriously worsen over the weekend.

We'll just have to wait and see :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Im travelling up from Kildare everyday and im leaving hours before the exam starts in order to be on time. Roads are really bad around these parts and in Tallaght. tbh, I hope all of next weeks exams are moved to the following week, its just to much hassle travelling up and back in these kind of conditions.

Can't beat a bit of last minute studying.:D Just on the exams, can you leave early or is it a long haul exam, really can't see anyone in my exam needing the 2 hours.

Just on the exams, can you leave early or is it a long haul exam, really can't see anyone in my exam needing the 2 hours.

You can leave whenever you're done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I was wondering about this ... How long is it taking for the buses from the college to get to The NBA?
    The buses are a life-saver. I took the shuttle bus up and back Thursday and Friday, takes about 15 mins, give or take a few!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

@gavinshels - You can leave when you want.
    My exam for Monday is postponed til the 18th... kind of happy that I have more time to study but annoying that it cuts into my hols!

Availability of transport!? Sure there was no poxy buses to Tallaght yesterday ffs.

...and none this morning. On the 77 this morning at 8.42am, "we're only going to Walkinstown roundabout" the driver said, so out I got hoping to get a taxi out there, not a bloody car never mind a taxi in sight. Could have probably walked up to the NBA but well considering the Greenhills Rd is bad at the best of times and today you couldn't tell the difference between the path and the road I went for the safe option and got a bus home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Last update on DB says its going to Tallaght

77 From City Centre via Greenhills Road, right at N81 to Tallaght Garda Station

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

Does anyone know if the exams tis afternoon are going ahead? I have one at 1pm.

I've been checking the website every so often and tried to ring them! I'm not too far from the NBA and could probably make it up but just want to know what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Still are at the moment anyway - I'd imagine todays will go ahead one way or another.

Last update on DB says its going to Tallaght

77 From City Centre via Greenhills Road, right at N81 to Tallaght Garda Station

Bus Driver said not to bother with the site. 3 buses stopped at the Kerstal Pub all went around the roundabout and back home. If you look at the No.50 bus on DB site it says only to the Walkinstown roundabout and the 77 and 77a go the same route.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Snow coming down heavy in Tallaght area now.

ashyle wrote: »
    The buses are a life-saver. I took the shuttle bus up and back Thursday and Friday, takes about 15 mins, give or take a few!

It usually takes about ten, in good weather, so that's not bad at all. I usually get the shuttle bus down, but considering all the buses aren't going to Tallaght, I can't get to the college at all at the moment.

I don't have an exam until Wednesday, but I'm not sure if it'll be going ahead!
    ...and none this morning. On the 77 this morning at 8.42am, "we're only going to Walkinstown roundabout" the driver said, so out I got hoping to get a taxi out there, not a bloody car never mind a taxi in sight. Could have probably walked up to the NBA but well considering the Greenhills Rd is bad at the best of times and today you couldn't tell the difference between the path and the road I went for the safe option and got a bus home.

:eek:

It's just a total nightmare!

What's the craic with the derferral form? I emailed one of the "exam ladies" when I got home this monring and no reply yet.

The road down into the NBA is a disaster, sliding all over the place. Saw a guy in a 5 series slam into the wall nasty damage! RWD's for ya!!

• Advertisement

That's horrible! Was he OK?

I reckon next week's exams will have to be affected by this weekend's weather. It sounds like it's disaster in Tallaght.
    What's the craic with the derferral form? I emailed one of the "exam ladies" when I got home this monring and no reply yet.

Here is the form for deferrals.

Found it on the college website there! (on the exam updates page)

That's horrible! Was he OK?

I reckon next week's exams will have to be affected by this weekend's weather. It sounds like it's disaster in Tallaght.

He was Ok, his car not so lucky, one of the guys in work has one aswell and we went for lunch earlier in the week, RWD's (+its an auto) dont seem to be doing too good at the moment. The road is pretty $hitty down to the NBA, the bus drivers are doing a great job getting there safe!!

He was Ok, his car not so lucky

Well, at least he was OK. That's the main thing!

What do people reckon the chances are of exams for next week being postponed?
    I'm supposedly in on Wednesday AM but I'm thinking that it'll probably be called off.

Snow is coming down very heavy in citywest! Will so be making a snow man tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Well, What do people reckon the chances are of exams for next week being postponed?
    I'm supposedly in on Wednesday AM but I'm thinking that it'll probably be called off.

Would not count on it Pikachucheeks!! If the roof blew off the NBA on Monday, we would probably be still sitting the exam on the Tuesday! I would imagine all colleges like NUIM and DIT will cancel the exams next week, but not us!! :(

Only got to check my emails there (work and drinking) and being told by the college I have to do the exam in August.:eek: Should be fun to see what response I get to my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'm sure some repeats will be in May. If all the repeats are in August there is going to be an uproar. It's not fair to punish people for an act of god/cthulhu.

Teferi wrote: »
    I'm sure some repeats will be in May. If all the repeats are in August there is going to be an uproar. It's not fair to punish people for an act of god/cthulhu.

That's exactly my thinking!

You can't make people pay to sit the exams in August, when they missed the original exam due to elements outside their control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

ya cant blame the college for it. sit the exams and stop complaining

• Advertisement

seven-iron wrote: »
    ya cant blame the college for it. sit the exams and stop complaining

When did anyone blame the college?

It's impossible for some people to sit the exams. Some people are snowed in, some people are relying on buses that aren't running, some people have tried to get to exams and got stuck in heavy traffic.

It's not as easy as you're making out.

Advertisement