Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Durrr V Isildur1...whats the damage so far?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭JamieCarra

It's pretty obv who Isildur is if you ask me.
    Isuldir has come from nowhere to crush the highest stakes around, so it's probably someone who hasn't played much online, recently came into a lot of money and was described by the current world champion as a "tough" opponent?

That's right, Isildur is.....

481211931.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

facially he does look like someone out of middle earth alright. boromir or gimli I think

anyone any ideas what durrr's roll would be? he has certainly dropped 3 mill to isildur but watching some of the hands on HSDB Isildur was obviously running good too. when you're regularly playing hands worth 1-200k its not inconceivable that you could lose that much to a player without being a big dog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

This railtard stuff is usually too idiotic for my tastes, but I must admit this is fun. I'd make a couple of points:

1. If it's only a week, then this is just a heater. Talk about his "crushing" PA and Durrr seems very premature. He's just owning their equity shares at the moment. If they continue to play, it'll even out.

2. A lot of those American kids (and grown-ups for that matter) on 2+2 still think Euro poker is like Party c. 2004. They really do. I see these bloody idiots in threads all the time with their "I miss Party" and "lol Euro poker" crap. They don't realise that the Euro sites are acknowledged to be tougher than FTP or PS these days. Throw in Americans' naturally ethnocentric outlook, and it's easy to see how they'd simply not be aware of a huge Euro talent appearing "out of nowhere".

3. If this was me, I'd cash out and disappear. Create a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihadu

This railtard stuff is usually too idiotic for my tastes, but I must admit this is fun. I'd make a couple of points:

1. If it's only a week, then this is just a heater. Talk about his "crushing" PA and Durrr seems very premature. He's just owning their equity shares at the moment. If they continue to play, it'll even out.

2. A lot of those American kids (and grown-ups for that matter) on 2+2 still think Euro poker is like Party c. 2004. They really do. I see these bloody idiots in threads all the time with their "I miss Party" and "lol Euro poker" crap. They don't realise that the Euro sites are acknowledged to be tougher than FTP or PS these days. Throw in Americans' naturally ethnocentric outlook, and it's easy to see how they'd simply not be aware of a huge Euro talent appearing "out of nowhere".

3. If this was me, I'd cash out and disappear. Create a legend.

or you could hang around, get more $$$ and create a bigger legend*.

*Stuey died broke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

All a promo by FT, Team FT and Card Runners guys to get people to download FT software for watching and then maybe using. Timed well to go along with hype around Durrs joining team FT. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wombatman wrote: »
    All a promo by FT, Team FT and Card Runners guys to get people to download FT software for watching and then maybe using. Timed well to go along with hype around Durrs joining team FT. :rolleyes:

;)

If this was me, I'd cash out and disappear. Create a legend.

defo, ride off into the sunset and immortality. fck it actually, go to mexico with the 3 mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Euro sites really are softer in general and there are obvious reasons for this. There are obv some really really really good players on them, but the regs at equivalent levels are in general worse.

I'm guessing durrrr has a roll of roughly 5 million at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

It's obv Howard Lederer using the hole card info to teach these young upstarts a lesson. Possible in collusion with Jimmy Fricke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

TommyGunne wrote: »

I'm guessing durrrr has a roll of roughly 5 million at least.

I'm guessing Durrr's bankroll is a lot bigger then 5, more like 15. Of course it depends on how much he relies on shared bankrolls etc.

Iveys bankroll is anything from 300 to 500 million.... his shares in FTP are worth 250 million alone and he plays with dice at 1 million a throw.

Any chance this could be Lodden coming back to high stakes...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Having watched quite a lot of the match I dont think it's a case of a standard -30BI downswing or whatever. It's not like he's been running like god or anything. He's been absolutely crushing him constantly, pretty much owning him in every pot. I dont think Durr will go busto, but he will need to make some serious adjustments if he wants to start beating this guy. I dont care if you're Durr or Ivey or anyone, but calling 90% of 3bets with hands like 28s and thee likes is never going to be a long term winner. Durr needs to drop his ego levels and realise he cant just play any two cards profitably vs anyone because he's Durr.

Ollieboy wrote: »
    I'm guessing Durrr's bankroll is a lot bigger then 5, more like 15. Of course it depends on how much he relies on shared bankrolls etc.

Iveys bankroll is anything from 300 to 500 million.... his shares in FTP are worth 250 million alone and he plays with dice at 1 million a throw.

Any chance this could be Lodden coming back to high stakes...?

not a chance its lodden. his style was the same as all the other HS regs.

this guy seems to have found a short term system of beating that style. im sure durr and co. will adjust and recoup. obv Isildur own't hang around too long when that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

ianmc38 wrote: »
    Having watched quite a lot of the match I dont think it's a case of a standard -30BI downswing or whatever. It's not like he's been running like god or anything. He's been absolutely crushing him constantly, pretty much owning him in every pot. I dont think Durr will go busto, but he will need to make some serious adjustments if he wants to start beating this guy. I dont care if you're Durr or Ivey or anyone, but calling 90% of 3bets with hands like 28s and thee likes is never going to be a long term winner. Durr needs to drop his ego levels and realise he cant just play any two cards profitably vs anyone because he's Durr.

In a nutshell .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Ollieboy wrote: »

Any basis for this? My basis is that durrrr has played most of his games on FTP, and is up 6 million there. Can assume that any money he has won live etc is negated by living expenses/prop betting. Thats how I came up with my figure. Would even think that it might be too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

No way is $5-6M enough for playing 500-1k. You're forgetting PTR only tracks NLHE and is not particularly accurate. I'd say between live, NL and PLO he's up near what Ollie suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Bozzer

Any basis for this? My basis is that durrrr has played most of his games on FTP, and is up 6 million there. Can assume that any money he has won live etc is negated by living expenses/prop betting. Thats how I came up with my figure. Would even think that it might be too high.

durrrr was crushing on many sites long before ptr started tracking (he was crushing me back in 05!). I would say that he is up live as well, altough that's just conjecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

Rumour has it durrr won round 7 million in a week in boobys room off load rich ****ers during the summer.

ps. thats prob not true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭green123

he was playing against benyamine and zigimund earlier. benyamine sits out after losing a bit

Ziigmund: I am afraid to play hu against you'
    Isildur1: v funny
    Ziigmund: who the fcuk r u?
    Isildur1: noome u heard of
    Ziigmund: i dont feel confortable
    Ziigmund: come to london play live
    Ziigmund: so f lol

Ziigmund: hahahah
    Ziigmund: f omg
    Ziigmund: just cant beklieve
    Ziigmund: how old are you?

Ziigmund: this is too sick
    Ziigmund: no more hu with you
    Isildur1: ?h

Durrrr Ivey ect defo know who this guy is. I wonder how long before it comes out.

I'm beginging to think it might be Nicky O Donnell, after all he has been telling us for years how bad everyone is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

As the lads already stated, PTR is only been around for 2 years and he's been around a lot longer then that. He crush 5/10 for ages before moving up the stakes. The 6 Million figure you see on PTR is only on 1 site too, I know for a fact he as played on other sites and actually plays a lot on I-Poker. I'm guessing he's up about 12 million online of not more and he would be invite to a lot of private games where he would have a massive edge and easily could be up 20 million from them alone. He'sh as also won a lot out of the big games in Vegas. To be honest, I'm been a bit conservative at 15, its probaly more like 30.

By the way... I'm sure he as more then 1 account on FTP...He might only use 1 account now, but before he became a name I'm sure he had multiply accounts.

• Advertisement

Durrrr Ivey ect defo know who this guy is. I wonder how long before it comes out.

im not so sure that they do know, zigimund doesnt know ( see my post above )

green123 wrote: »
    im not so sure that they do know, zigimund doesnt know ( see my post above )

i'm sure Ivey (and now everyone close with him) knows who he is. its just a call to headoffice of the company he owns.

ihadu wrote: »
    i'm sure Ivey (and now everyone close with him) knows who he is. its just a call to headoffice of the company he owns.

Exactly, also Zigimund is a nobody really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Could that come under some kind of conflict of interest/abuse of dominant position dilemma?

zuutroy wrote: »
    Could that come under some kind of conflict of interest/abuse of dominant position dilemma?

for sure...if youre caught. even then its not a "scandal".

ivey chats to someone in headoffice in cotrol of people making huge deposits on the site and asks the guys name...no biggie.

even if ivey did do that, he might just find out that its some random sven from sweden

green123 wrote: »
    even if ivey did do that, he might just find out that its some random sven from sweden

i suppose thats true, it doesn't matter really who the guy is. durrrr and co. should concentrate on how best to beat his style. knowing his name won't get the money back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

The thing I am curious about is why Isildur wants to keep his identity a secret. Somebody mentioned that he will never release his identity as by playing on ftp he would be liable to pay heavy taxes on his winnings being from Sweden. You think this is the reason? You would expect somebody who has literally climbed to the very top of the online poker world (at least for now) would want all of the fame that comes with it. Think it is really cool and all that nobody knows who he is but the curiosity is really killing me also. He was playing a bunch of tables with PA, Benyamine last night when I came home from work. Anybody know how these games finished up?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

DeadMoney wrote: »
    The thing I am curious about is why Isildur wants to keep his identity a secret. Somebody mentioned that he will never release his identity as by playing on ftp he would be liable to pay heavy taxes on his winnings being from Sweden. You think this is the reason? You would expect somebody who has literally climbed to the very top of the online poker world (at least for now) would want all of the fame that comes with it.

Not everyone aspires to that kind of attention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

If I'd made 4-5m or whatever it is he's made and perhaps part of that money was based on the edge I got from nobody knowing who I was, I'd be pretty happy for nobody to know who I was.

So keep in mind, If I was isildur1, I'd probably put a comment like that on here to throw people off the scent and claim I wasn't him. Keep that in mind...I'm not him btw...

Advertisement