Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Durrr V Isildur1...whats the damage so far?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

yes but the point is he made this offer to anyone, on the basis that he thought he could beat anyone, and appears to beating Antonius, and then this randomer comes along and creams him on similar terms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

a147pro wrote: »
    yes but the point is he made this offer to anyone, on the basis that he thought he could beat anyone, and appears to beating Antonius, and then this randomer comes along and creams him on similar terms

Anyone here with any legal back round particularly in contract law that might want to comment on this? It is an interesting point. Lol, would be just sick if Isildur successfully sued Durrr for the amount promised in his durrr challenge on top of skimming him for 3mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Anyone here with any legal back round particularly in contract law that might want to comment on this? It is an interesting point. Lol, would be just sick if Isildur successfully sued Durrr for the amount promised in his durrr challenge on top of skimming him for 3mil!
    It's not a contract. No Offer or Acceptance. His "challenge" would be regarded as an "Invitation to Treat".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

there has to be an offer and acceptance. you can't just automatically enter the durrrr challenge just by playing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

they say he is swedish at highstacksdb.
    he appeared on the 23/10 and is up over 4mill in the last 7 days.
    he took cole south / brian townsend for 200k each last night.

Isildur1: hi
    durrrr: hiya
    durrrr: lets do 6?
    Isildur1: yeah
    Isildur1: lets play a long session ?
    Isildur1: u got much in ?
    durrrr: ya
    durrrr: can play for 10hrs or so
    durrrr: =)
    Isildur1: me2
    Isildur1: this will be fun
    Isildur1: i need 10 mins
    Isildur1: change computer etc
    Isildur1: cu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭mikethemouth

is this right now ?

can you keep updated on this battle ?

this is some match

durrrr is playing HSP in vegas atm as well....guy is a sick puppy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

He is up 3-4 buy ins in 15- 20mins against PA now. Cash the 5 mil and retire !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Watching now too, 2 PL Omaha tables...

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

He's taking PA to school at PLO. Anyone have any idea who this guy is? Defo not Blom.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

An observer said it's Barack Obama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

He's currently sitting on stacks of ~570k and ~425k v PA's 104k and 111k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭green123

Isildur1: ?
    Isildur1: will u reload
    Patrik Antonius: no more $$

back again
    4 tables of 500 -1000 nl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

ivey insta quits after losing 200k in minutes

up at least 500k against pa in the last half hour and still playing 4 tables
    and now he is playing 1 table 500 - 1000 nl against ivey aswell

I can't go to bed this is so good. I've back for more.

Ivey's last hand from his first short session

Phil Ivey (BB): $100000.00
    Isildur1 (BTN/SB): $308497.00

Pre Flop: ($1500.00)
    Isildur1 raises to $3000, Phil Ivey calls $2000

Flop: ($6000.00) A 5 3 (2 players)
    Phil Ivey checks, Isildur1 bets $5000, Phil Ivey raises to $15000, Isildur1 calls $10000

Turn: ($36000.00) 2 (2 players)
    Phil Ivey checks, Isildur1 bets $26500, Phil Ivey raises to $82000 all in, Isildur1 calls $55500

River: ($200000.00) 8 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $200000.00
    Phil Ivey shows 9 K (Ace King high)
    Isildur1 shows 8 T (a flush, Ace high)
    Isildur1 wins $199999.50
    (Rake: $0.50)

Isildur1 busts pa on 2 tables, still playing on the other 2
    up a bit against ivey but not much happening then ivey quits for now
    Phil Ivey: play later

down to just 1 table of plo now because pa cant reload

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

Ivey's last hand from his first short session

Phil Ivey (BB): $100000.00
    Isildur1 (BTN/SB): $308497.00

Pre Flop: ($1500.00)
    Isildur1 raises to $3000, Phil Ivey calls $2000

Flop: ($6000.00) A 5 3 (2 players)
    Phil Ivey checks, Isildur1 bets $5000, Phil Ivey raises to $15000, Isildur1 calls $10000

Turn: ($36000.00) 2 (2 players)
    Phil Ivey checks, Isildur1 bets $26500, Phil Ivey raises to $82000 all in, Isildur1 calls $55500

River: ($200000.00) 8 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $200000.00
    Phil Ivey shows 9 K (Ace King high)
    Isildur1 shows 8 T (a flush, Ace high)
    Isildur1 wins $199999.50
    (Rake: $0.50)

rake is a bit steep :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Just watching a bit of the action there. They just finished up. I only saw about 15 minutes of it, but PA seemed to be owning him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

jimbling wrote: »
    Just watching a bit of the action there. They just finished up. I only saw about 15 minutes of it, but PA seemed to be owning him.

yeaah after droppin 1.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Was watching some of this at 3am this morning after I came home from work. Had to sleep though but not surprised what I am reading as I expected to hear something like this. This is nuts, if this guy can just crush anyone surely he'll have to just retire his 5 or so mil as he'll never get any action? Really unbelievable and as ridiculous as it is you can see why some people on forums think he has cracked the hole cards or something. The thing I am curious about though is if Isildur1 was crushing already on the euro sites where he built his roll, wouldn't he have already built up a huge name for himself as if he is crushing PA, Ivey, and Durrr he surely would have owned what ever sites he was playing on? In other words wouldn't he have had a Cole South like status for whatever SN is was playing under?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭digiman

It would be pretty easy to go by without much attention on Euro sites as you would most likely be playing a few different ones and the fact that the majority of 2+2 are american they would not be looking at them sites and PTR only tracks ipoker afaik. Also you can have many different SNs on ipoker as well.

Also who ever this guy is, at the end of the day he is only up 30Bi or so on durrrr and he played PA and ivey over a few hands, 30BI in HU is not that much when you are playing deep tables and with 2 super aggro players who have no problem putting 350k in with AK pre then the swings are going to be massive. Also in a way he has a bit of a small headstart on the lads as he will know their game at the start more than they know his.

Funny thing is with all this money going his way the highstakes players accounts and money swapping ability must be drying up a bit, not as if PA can ask durrrr for a loan!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Although the general poker community do not know definitively who he is, do you really think that durrrr, Ivey and PA do not know who he is?

Secondly, durrrr is almost a certainty to give action to anyone who is man enough to play him. Therefore I do not think it is inconceivable that someone of a decent level could have invested time in studying durrrr, datamining all his hands, watching HSP et al, reviewing every aspect of his game (etc etc)and thinks he has found exploitable nuances in his game.

The same could be said for the rest of them ... Ivey, PA, Townsend ... although does seem a little unlikely to be able to school them all so it will be interesting to see how long player X can last imo.

2 great posts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Although the general poker community do not know definitively who he is, do you really think that durrrr, Ivey and PA do not know who he is?

Secondly, durrrr is almost a certainty to give action to anyone who is man enough to play him. Therefore I do not think it is inconceivable that someone of a decent level could have invested time in studying durrrr, datamining all his hands, watching HSP et al, reviewing every aspect of his game (etc etc)and thinks he has found exploitable nuances in his game.

The same could be said for the rest of them ... Ivey, PA, Townsend ... although does seem a little unlikely to be able to school them all so it will be interesting to see how long player X can last imo.

yeah, he's probably gained a big headstart, and plays a very tough unusual style, but those hs players and ivey in particular are incredibly quick at adjusting to new players. i think people are being far too quick in heralding him as the greatest player evar, or celebrating durrrr's demise. he's only been playing them for a week ffs! i don't think it will be too quick before all of this is turned around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭digiman

i think people are being far too quick in heralding him as the greatest player evar, or celebrating durrrr's demise. he's only been playing them for a week ffs! i don't think it will be too quick before all of this is turned around.

I think this is pretty funny how quick people are to jump on the durrrr go busto bandwagon, same way people do the opposite when durrrr has a million on the table. After all these guys are like everyone else in the fact that they can play bad and have downswings over 50k hands too. Also the way these guys willl look at is, they will learn a lot from playing someone different with a different style, will just improve their own games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I am the first to say that i am delighted to see Durr get a tast of his own medicine, yeah this new guy is on a massive heater and its enjoyable to read/watch it at the moment.

The likes of Durr/Antonius etc etc who are truly great poker players i would find it hard to believe that they would ever go totally busto they seem to have money coming in from all different channels.

But whos to say this new guy wont stick around, as they say time will tell but while its going at the moment just sit back and enjoy, i would certainly not follow the online game as some of you would but i take it its been awhile since there as been anything as big as this?

(i really do wish i was a better writer)

Advertisement