Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF Season 10 - US aired discussion - CONTAINS SPOILERS for delayed Setanta show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

aaaarggggghhh mininova gone content contributed.......*sulks off muttering to himself to find another source*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

aaaarggggghhh mininova gone content contributed.......*sulks off muttering to himself to find another source*
    You wont find any new episodes this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

I take it there was a repeat on in the US this week & next week is a two hour episode?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

cheers, in case anyone else is downloading, dont bother. someone has been attaching eztv's title to torrents (supposedly of last nights show) which request a codec when downloaded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 pharmergriffin

cheers, in case anyone else is downloading, dont bother. someone has been attaching eztv's title to torrents (supposedly of last nights show) which request a codec when downloaded

Just saw a warning on a torrent saying the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just a heads up this weeks US ep is out aready , and lmafo at Marcus getting off the bus after being told junk might lose an eye and getting up in meatheads face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

thanks, its the road to the final. is it only a preview thingy with propr episode 11 on wed night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sonic.trip wrote: »
    thanks, its the road to the final. is it only a preview thingy with propr episode 11 on wed night?

Hell's no, two fights semi's announced!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

calex71 wrote: »
    Just a heads up this weeks US ep is out aready , and lmafo at Marcus getting off the bus after being told junk might lose an eye and getting up in meatheads face :D

I was in kinks laughing at that lol. I must say Im very impressed with Marcus I think he could win this he's hoo strong for people to fight his takedowns so unless someone can knock him out before he gets to clinch/takedown range I cant see him losing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I think BIG Baby needs some sort of physchological help, he's very emotional in a childlike way. Totally dominated the schoon and nice KO.

The other fight was pretty poor, that english guy is a real twat as is Mittrione. I think the english guy is very overrated by his coaches.

So with the semi finals the wya they are i expect to see Nelson vs Big Baby in the final with Big Baby beating him by sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

calex71 wrote: »

He was ready to kill him, fair play for feelin bad for his mate but just aswell Junk was given all clear shortly afterwards
    Killme00 wrote: »
    I think BIG Baby needs some sort of physchological help, he's very emotional in a childlike way. Totally dominated the schoon and nice KO.

The other fight was pretty poor, that english guy is a real twat as is Mittrione. I think the english guy is very overrated by his coaches.

So with the semi finals the wya they are i expect to see Nelson vs Big Baby in the final with Big Baby beating him by sub.

I like McSweeny, think he will be far to fast for fat roy. Nelson's an ignorant tosser, I think Dana would love to see him put in his place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Devastator wrote: »
    He was ready to kill him, fair play for feelin bad for his mate but just aswell Junk was given all clear shortly afterwards

I think it's great he stuck up for hes friend but I think he went way to far! It's the fight game, stuff like that can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

When is the next episode available because the results are posted on wiki.

Killme00 wrote: »
    When is the next episode available because the results are posted on wiki.

It airs in the US tomorrow night. The last Esp. that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Brendan for the win by ko!

TechnoPool wrote: »

I hope that is not a spoiler!!! :mad:

If it is he should be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Didnt sound like one, more like a precdition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

nah its a prediction, id at least put a spoiler tag on it if i knew the result.

i just cant see anyone thats left beating him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Devastator wrote: »
    I like McSweeny, think he will be far to fast for fat roy. Nelson's an ignorant tosser, I think Dana would love to see him put in his place
    FYP
    God i really wanted matt to smash his face. Only big baby deserves this(outta the 4 thats left)
    FFS after all this Kimbo **** he doesnt want to/cant fight. they obviously knew this before editing the show so the 6or7 episodes advertising he was re-entering the comp leaves a sour taste to say the least.

meathead is such an idiot grrrrr, ah im sick, ah im fine. then was tapping before marcus even was choking him, would of liked to of seen marcus ko him, i think its going to be james and marcus in the final and marcus to win :D. And kimbo turning down a fight, was looking forward to seeing him back??

TechnoPool wrote: »

Lucky guess eh? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

mcsweeny is a proper count. felt sorry for
    big baby
    in the end. can't see past
    big country
    in the final IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

great big baby brendan fight, glad we get to see BB fight at the final. Also whats with the spoiler tags guys!!!! The whole point of this thread is we dont have to use spolier tags!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Glad to see McSweeney get his ass kicked. Felt sorry for marcus but lookin forward to seein him against mitrione.

got that so wrong, thught marcus and mc sweeney would win, i think schaub could be dangerous-really cant pick a winner yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Nice to see McSweeney get beaten. Got far too cocky after landing a few kicks and punches. Can't see why Dana is saying Roy impressed him. All he did was take a few punches, takedown James and get him in a crucifix. Same recipe as the Kimbo fight.

Nice to see both coaches showing respect for Marcus. Both were right, it was hard seeing him get knocked out. I thought he might go own to knock Brendan out after that knee. Can't take anything away from Brendan, he worked well on the ground to defend the strikes and escaped the mount nicely.

Hasn't been a great season but I'm looking forward to the finale. Wanna see Jones destroy Mitrione but Matt has heavy hands and Marcus doesn't seem to have a good chin.

Should be a good event. Some great fights on the card. I think I will get a few beers in for this one.

MAIN CARD

* Roy Nelson vs. Brendan Schaub ("TUF 10" tournament final)
    * Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones
    * Houston Alexander vs. Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson
    * Frankie Edgar vs. Matt Veach
    * Marcus Jones vs. Matt Mitrione

PRELIMINARY CARD

* James McSweeney vs. Darrill Schoonover
    * Jon Madsen vs. Justin Wren
    * Brian Stann vs. Rodney Wallace
    * Dennis Hallman vs. John Howard
    * Mark Bocek vs. Joe Brammer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

McSweeney has been nothing short of a dickhead all season. He was overconfident going into the Roy Nelson fight and really had no reason to be. Mittrione in my opinion threw that fight because he couldn't take the constant abuse anymore. You can see he lets McSweeney get the choke far too easily and the minute McSweeney gets it Mittrione doesn't even struggle and has his hand ready to tap. It's a shame because I reckon Mittrione could of actually knocked out McSweeney which I would of loved to have seen. Also whilst I think Nelson would win, Mittrione would of been a bigger test to Nelson as I would think he would have more chance of getting out of Nelson's crucifixes and Mittriones big hands would have a serious threat of KOing Nelson who seems to be open to a fair amount of shots before taking it to the ground.

Whilst I didn't particularly like Mittrione (though didn't hate him) I thought the abuse he had to put up with was too much. Yeah he was nervous about fighting so what? It happens to a lot of fighters on the series and even Kimbo Slice refused a fight when he could of taken it and at the end of the day Mittrione did take the fight. McSweeney pushing him at the weigh ins, Marcus Jones screaming at him because he mistakenly eye poked Junk in a fight and the inciddent of him going to the fight alone on the bus was nothing short of nasty bullying and it wasn't really nice to see. Whats funny is I actually think McSweeney was a little scared of Mittrione, pushing him in the weigh in to me showed that McSweeney was unsure of Mittrione and sizing him up.

Also it was great to see lindermann stand up to McSweeney.

I'm actually disappointed that Marcus didn't get to the final because I think he would have a far more prospectful career than anyone else on that show, including Nelson. The guy has been doing MMA for only 2 years! In another 2 years he could be a very serious threat. His takedowns and ground game are incredible all he needs is to work on stand up and he would be lethal.

Rampage's stunt was absolutely hilarious. Hes a terrible coach, he doesn't seem to care about anyone else but himself but he is ridiculously funny and always has me laughing in his interviews.

Advertisement