Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Billboards at $5000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I've chanced my arm negotiating on cargo offers and you can usually squeeze another 30% on top of the original offer out of them before the refuse.

Always double the offer. I have had 4 cargo runs now and I doubled their offer every time and they have always accepted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

If I invest in an airline can I sell my shares whenever I want?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

KamiKazi wrote: »
    If I invest in an airline can I sell my shares whenever I want?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,395 ✭✭✭✭kippy

smccarrick wrote: »
    Yes.

Well,
    You have to wait 24 hours after buying those shares before they can be sold so you cant sell bought shares straight away.

Cargo seems pretty random. Have had 4 so far, grossing 150k.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    Cargo seems pretty random. Have had 4 so far, grossing 150k.

No offer to run cargo for the drug cartels? If you do- dump it, don't go there. I got badly burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

OK....my net was down earlier so the planned purchase of 4 A342s in one go didnt happen. Logged on now, have $70M in the bank. Can get the 4 a/c or wait a while to launch some more flights and get the $77M needed for an A350-1000, same range as A342 but has 350 vs 239 seats.

Worth it to get or just get the 4 A342s? Am inclined to get the 4 rather than 1 a/c tbh. And don't want to save for another 4-5 days to get a A388!

Edit: Bought the 4 A342s. $64M paid, no discounts on airline manager!! Launched them and got $6M on the four routes. 10 more sorties and they break even. Shares up to $9.10. Still have $14.9 in bank so will have another by midnight,have 4-5 routes to start in next hour!!!

Double

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

43 Aircraft Flying, 3 Hubs...Dublin, San Diego & Tokyo

A320-200 2
    A321-200 2
    B787-8 1
    B757-300 4
    B737-700 4
    B737-700ER 5
    B737-500 3
    B737-900 2
    A319-100CJ 2
    EMB 120 1
    ERJ 190-200 2
    CRJ 1000 7
    ATR 42-600 6
    ATR 72-600 5

Holding off purchasing Aircraft for the next 3 days, saving up reserves for
    2nd & 3rd B787

Share Price 2.60 and rising....

Frayah Express

Current route map..

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=698665826

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Fuel at $600 now

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

Today's biggest movers:
    qy8r47.jpg

Full index:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArN09fPYffNadGd6Vk1vQlF6ajFQQmxLSHJ5S1BWeGc&hl=en

New entrants:
    Stock : Price : Daily change
    Macrubicon Airlines $0.15 25%
    Mulhuddair Airlines $0.12 9%
    Duracell Airlines $0.18 0%
    Aer Turas $0.11 0%
    Tyrone Airlines $0.10 #DIV/0!

bLjlTcuJUggnkdasKcjAbdO5o1_250.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Advertising at 5k for the whole lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Cheers rubensni, never knew this was being done. great resource for investing. I will buy some irish stock later this evening again.

Go Rustbucket Airlines! I have 3 737-700 now which is why i had that 29% jump. Will be sticking with expanding the medium to long range ac for now. Even though the fokker 100's can bring in $40k+ every hour, but you have to start the route every hour!!

Dacian wrote: »
    OK....my net was down earlier so the planned purchase of 4 A342s in one go didnt happen. Logged on now, have $70M in the bank. Can get the 4 a/c or wait a while to launch some more flights and get the $77M needed for an A350-1000, same range as A342 but has 350 vs 239 seats.

Worth it to get or just get the 4 A342s? Am inclined to get the 4 rather than 1 a/c tbh. And don't want to save for another 4-5 days to get a A388!

Edit: Bought the 4 A342s. $64M paid, no discounts on airline manager!! Launched them and got $6M on the four routes. 10 more sorties and they break even. Shares up to $9.10. Still have $14.9 in bank so will have another by midnight,have 4-5 routes to start in next hour!!!

You did the right thing. The 340 200 are working extremely well for me. Have just broached the 50 mark for these planes.
    Will be hitting the 100 mark tomorrow in planes and routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I can only fly 20 flights at a time, does this change and when??

You can fly all your flights at the same time. The 20 flights limit refers to the method of starting multiple flights at the same time. So if you have 59 routes like me it takes 3 multi starts to get all of them. I didn't discover the multi start till I had nearly 40 routes,so lots of clicking from me!!!

Currently you can have up to 400 Active routes, but they say they will increase this to 500.

Thanks Kippy. Looking at your fleet and its where I want to be. How did you get the 2 A388? Did you buy them? I see that you can get 2 by exchanging 4000 pax points, I have 810 so a long way to go. Seems very hard to get them. i naively spent some of mine to get a staff paycut 2 weeks ago.

Maybe my strat should be to build up my A342s to about 50 (or more!) then look at B787-8, A350s and A380. Don't see the need in going for A333/A332/A343/A346. I should pick up a concorde and B747 just to get the achievement.

I know a few souls have bought the A319CJ. How is it working out? $1.54 is a great price but are getting the returns? What is the ticket price? You can exchange >3000 pax points for a 'business jet'. Am wondering is buying the A319CJ normally the same thing? If so I will invest in a small business only sub-fleet.

On another topic: Whats your stangest route. I think my Quito-Ulanbaatar or my Chennai-Zanderij could be in the running there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A tip for any budding investors, I am running two airlines RangeAir and Aer Airlines. RangeAir is doing very well as the table above shows, but Aer will be investing in new aircraft in the next few days and the prices should similarly jump. Buy now to maximise returns. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

Sorry folks, but I'm too busy and intend to quit. Sell your stock in Thermodynamic Airlines before 11 am tomorrow.

As for the green jersey index; the spreadsheet will be open to anyone to edit, if you can find a use for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

my map so far,

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Just started my Airline (Billious Bog Airlines) after seeing a link to this thread on the main page. Don't really know what I am doing (have no clue about aircraft, but frequently get addicted to facebook games lol).

Stared off by buying 3 ATR 42-500's - good move or not?

Also should I spend money on advertising my routes at this early stage?

Also bought stock in these airlines -

Frayah Express Airlines
    Rustbucket Airlines
    D'bonair Airlines

Cheers :D
    Bill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Does anyone else notice flight times increased, or plane speeds decreased?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

BillyBoy wrote: »

Stared off by buying 3 ATR 42-500's - good move or not?

Also should I spend money on advertising my routes at this early stage?

Also bought stock in these airlines -

Frayah Express Airlines
    Rustbucket Airlines
    D'bonair Airlines

Cheers :D
    Bill

ATR's seem to be the most popular but i liked the fokker 100's. 107 passengers and 300km/hr faster then the ATR's.

Advertise for every flight, you wont fill them otherwise. Advertising price fluctuate so be carefull, not to spend when high. Buy fuel @ $400 or $600 whenever you see it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Second B787 will be arriving later this evening, Based out of San Diego

Currently have 46 aircraft flying

Bases in Dublin, San Diego & Tokyo

Stock price currently 2.84 (19:02)

Company Value 28.4 Mil

Aircraft Value 139Mil

Third B787 Scheduled to arrive into the Fleet tomorrow to be based out of Tokyo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭crisco10

Just noticed a "catering" option, anybody do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yep I bought it,8500 meals to be exact and got the achievement. I don't see the real benefit from it really. You buy each meal for 0.12c for example and sell it for 0.14c so I guess there is a small profit to be had. Each contract only last for a certain amount of time,mine was 11 hours I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

All WHU Air planes will be grounded when they land from their current flights unless the price of fuel drops dramatically. Currently -250000lbs but 5.5 million cash on hand. Once fuel hits 400 I will stock up and resume flights. God I hate the price of fuel.

Ludo wrote: »
    Where is the catering option? Can't see it anywhere.

All WHU Air planes will be grounded when they land from their current flights unless the price of fuel drops dramatically. Currently -250000lbs but 5.5 million cash on hand. Once fuel hits 400 I will stock up and resume flights. God I hate the price of fuel.

On the 'Flight' screen, under advertising......

Agree with you about fuel- its impossible for me to make a profit on a lot of my flights. Realism, I guess.........

They've applied patch 2, which has changed a few things. From the latest news section:

Patch 2.0 Released - 2009-11-17
    Today we launched Patch 2.0. So far without any problems.
    Background core rewritten - We optimized alot of the code, to make it run smoother and more stable

Catering syste - A catering system has been added. You can find catering under "flight", and find more information about it in the faq

Achievements - New achievements added, and the achievement page redesigned

Buy Aircraft - Rewrote the code, to optimize the page

New Route - Now grouped by country. NOTE: This is currently launched as a beta, to determine how the user load will affect the system

System optimization - Fixed alot of known / and unknown bugs. Hopefully you will all feel the system is getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Just bought another 3 MD80's this evening, bringing my total to 8, each averaging ~300k per flight. Might wait until the weekend to buy some long-haul planes. Share price up at 41c now :)

Air-Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

As usual fuel hits 400 just before the backup at 11. Just bought 10million lbs !

Advertisement