Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GG's Sagat08, sorry about the disconect but it wasn't my fault, my xbox live is dodgy when I hadn't it wired. Had to laugh at you're random ryu ultra fail though :) Got my ass kicked in every other match though and I couldn't blame my worn out buttons for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Hey man sorry bout that the dc was on my side the connection dropped and just cambe back up now.

We'll try it again sometime!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No problem, I was getting my ass kicked by your akuma anyway :) Don't bother sending me an invite if I'm watching a dvd or playing PES because it isn't me it'smy asshole brother who keeps robbing my xbox :/

Also sorry to Garak... I think, Sagat06 got in there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs Arctic Zombies, really enjoyed those... despite whiffing fadc on 4 separate characters. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    GGs Arctic Zombies, really enjoyed those... despite whiffing fadc on 4 separate characters. :pac:

Sorry, I was really rusty from not having played in months. Atleast it didn't take you 4(?) games to finally pull of Rog's ultra combo! :o

I'll play better next time, I promise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

ggs to Doom and ay last night, as it turns out there is a disadvantage to getting your internet fixed, everyone spontaneously decides that they have to use it...
    ggs to redman today, as you can see I'm useless with any character that doesn't have overpowered jab and sweep get-out-of-jail free cards....

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

DarkTalant wrote: »
    ggs to redman today, as you can see I'm useless with any character that doesn't have overpowered jab and sweep get-out-of-jail free cards....

GG's, I would have played more games, but my mum wanted to watch the budget :/
    You should learn to depend on overpowered focus canceling characters like I do :D

Good Games D4RK ONION pity I had to leave because my brother wanted to go to bed and was being a whiny bitch. Really need my joystick sorted. I missed every jab srk into ultra and a few when you fluffed your ultra and I tried my ultra and screwed up :( I even failed Dans super taunt twice and got a super instead :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Towards the end, even I was shouting at the screen begging to be punished for my stupidity! "ULTRA YOU FOOL!" :p Invite me for a few games whenever you're up for it again. :) Oh and hitting me out of legendary taunt twice, uncool!!

FoamyMushroom, good games when you were trying, but if you didn't want to keep playing you should have just said so rather than walking into me like that. Uncool. But the first few were tight, well done, ggs and all that :)

*reads over post* Did I just say tight? *shudders*

I was trying for an ultra but my character just stood there, didn't even throw out an EX fireball, just nothing. There's something up with my stick because I wasn't missing them at all the day before and yesterday it just got gradually worse until the total fail of my matches with you.

As for knocking you out of the legendary taunt, sorry about that. I was going for a double legendary dan taunt but the super kept coming out. Trust me it wasn't intentional, I love my dan matches :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I was playing some alpha 3 last night thought some of my buttons were broken for a minute, turns out Cody just has awful recovery on standing hk.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    FoamyMushroom, good games when you were trying, but if you didn't want to keep playing you should have just said so rather than walking into me like that. Uncool. But the first few were tight, well done, ggs and all that :)

Ima sorry about that, I was really feeling the best, and was also in a pisser, Ill play you again if you like, and ill play more don't you worry!

Sorry again >.<

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I was trying for an ultra but my character just stood there, didn't even throw out an EX fireball, just nothing. There's something up with my stick because I wasn't missing them at all the day before and yesterday it just got gradually worse until the total fail of my matches with you.

As for knocking you out of the legendary taunt, sorry about that. I was going for a double legendary dan taunt but the super kept coming out. Trust me it wasn't intentional, I love my dan matches :)

More Dan mirror matches I say! WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?! Hoora hoorah!
    Ima sorry about that, I was really feeling the best, and was also in a pisser, Ill play you again if you like, and ill play more don't you worry!

Sorry again >.<
    That's okay, everyone has those days. Nothing more to be said on the matter. ;)

^^^Good good..

and had a few games there with Coble? Cablecog? lol whatever...

they where ggs, jsut I wasnt at my best I couldnt find my pad so I had to stick to..Stick which im not all the best at in all fairness :(

Something I wana sort out here with Cammmmmy...

She can Cannon spike out of a 3 HIT combo? basically combo was cr.lp/cr.mk/fire ball.. first two hit and fireball wiffed follwing me to get hit by a CS? lol? :P

Ah i dunno. I'd love to see that sh*t been done in SF2 or hah

Still ggs! ^.^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

^^^Good good..

and had a few games there with Coble? Cablecog? lol whatever...

they where ggs, jsut I wasnt at my best I couldnt find my pad so I had to stick to..Stick which im not all the best at in all fairness :(

Something I wana sort out here with Cammmmmy...

She can Cannon spike out of a 3 HIT combo? basically combo was cr.lp/cr.mk/fire ball.. first two hit and fireball wiffed follwing me to get hit by a CS? lol? :P

Ah i dunno. I'd love to see that sh*t been done in SF2 or hah

Still ggs! ^.^

She can cs through one of rufus's combos too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭DeCoR18

I thought combos could only be reversed if the combo doesn't actually combo?

DeCoR18 wrote: »

But the first two hits, hit... 3rd hit was ment to be fireball for the full 3 hit combo, fireball went passed cammy and I got hit?! weird aint it :P

Foamy I'd say your spacing was too far away without knowing any more about the situation. If you were too far when the cr. mk cancelled into the fireball Cammy could have time to recover and reversal spike which is invincible.

Ye, basically the combo doesnt work on cammy for some reason. It works on everyone else.
    Im talking about rufus dive kick, cr.lk, lp tornado.

But the first two hits, hit... 3rd hit was ment to be fireball for the full 3 hit combo, fireball went passed cammy and I got hit?! weird aint it :P

You were linking fireball off cr punch is it? Thats a pretty hard combo, don't know the exact frame data but it can't be more than a 3-7 frame link, which is fairly hard, im sure you know linking off of middle punch or kick is much easier but also much easier to reverse if you're not connecting.

So basically you can't reversal a combo if all the hits are connecting properly and you most likely were slightly off with the fireball. **** Im long winded lol

Edit reread you saying you were linking off cr m kick. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    Ye, basically the combo doesnt work on cammy for some reason. It works on everyone else.

Oh right so the start up frames on cannon spike is less than fireball? Didn't know that thanks Bush.

Apologies for misinformation above then.

Oh right so the start up frames on cannon spike is less than fireball? Didn't know that thanks Bush.

Apologies for misinformation above then.

Sorry im talking about the rufus combo :pac: I have no idea about the akuma combo.

I havent a clue about Akumas start up frams for his FB.. but all I know now is Cammys start up frames for her normal CS is well lower!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Combos cannot be interrupted.

Cammy does have some strange hitboxes though which is why some combos may not work or would require very specific spacing.

I think it's 3 frames at the lowest, if you're close enough it should still combo Foamy afaik. If you're farther away it may not.

edit: Think about it like this, the farther away you are, the more frames it takes for your fireball to hit Cammy, which is more frames she has to recover and reversal.

Good explanation above :)

That cannon spike is ridiculous. It stays active for ages, even when shes hanging in the air at the peak of it. A foot hanging there in the air, not moving should not be able to hurt anyone :pac:

That cannon spike is ridiculous. It stays active for ages, even when shes hanging in the air at the peak of it. A foot hanging there in the air, not moving should not be able to hurt anyone :pac:

Yeah I've gotten caught by that alot jumping back lol.

Definately have a tough time with good Cammy players, haven't met too many though.

Yeah it's absolutely crazy a move, there's still ways to beat it however (eg. Gief's headbutt will beat it clean).

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I think it's 3 frames at the lowest, if you're close enough it should still combo Foamy afaik. If you're farther away it may not.

edit: Think about it like this, the farther away you are, the more frames it takes for your fireball to hit Cammy, which is more frames she has to recover and reversal.

I was right beside her like touching toe to toe :P

Bull aint it? :P

~
    Ah well, Lets just hope some things are fixed in SSFIV hah

Advertisement