Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Azza's Rose is always an impressive and fun match. Unlike seth who I hate having to chase down :p

Np ryan tis all about the community yea know? :D

A-trak I still gotta play you yet I look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

get a room, i havent played in ages but maybe on tonight xbox !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A-Trak wrote: »
    Crap games to Azza and his bloody dictator.
    Took the 1st set and thought I was the man, then had a load of close 2 round all sets and I couldn't nick the last round.

The mans a bloody machine, well played.

You know Bison has an even harder time with air throw than Honda?

He STILL beats me about 7 out of 10 times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Had some good matches (T6) against batman_oh/godfistedkaz last night. Mix of wins and crushing defeats! Online play is much better since the last patch, only the slightest delay is really noticeable.

The connection is a lot better when playing people in Ireland rather than random matchups so I'm going to be hunting people down for practice online in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Placebo wrote: »

Get on PC Lammer.

• Advertisement

Newaglish wrote: »
    Had some good matches (T6) against batman_oh/godfistedkaz last night. Mix of wins and crushing defeats! Online play is much better since the last patch, only the slightest delay is really noticeable.

The connection is a lot better when playing people in Ireland rather than random matchups so I'm going to be hunting people down for practice online in future!

It gets even more fun when you run into them at a tournament after. GRUDGE MATCH!!1!!

Placebo wrote: »

Thought you'd be up and running on the PC version weeks ago:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Came across a really good akuma on psn last night, doesnt happen often so I sent him a friend request. Turns out hes Irish and posts on here. Not sure what name he uses on here but he uses decor on psn. GGs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Great games to Ry.
    Escaped a perfect by the skin of my teeth a few times.

Way better than Farz it has to be said.

Great games to Ry.

GG's big time. Really enjoyed some Honda time! Some really fun games which had me actually laughing out loud at some of the **** that went on. Look forward to more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ry wrote: »
    GG's big time. Really enjoyed some Honda time! Some really fun games which had me actually laughing out loud at some of the **** that went on. Look forward to more!

Yeah no more ultras into my back thanks, that hurts.

Yeah no more ultras into my back thanks, that hurts.

It's usually after pure luck dodging yours too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Well.... I finially managed to get my internet fixed(I hope!) so if anyone plays on PSN and wants a few games...
    PSN:BalMachinShin

I'll add yea next time I'm on my PS3 :)

Righteo. I was going to add you (I think) but I wasn't sure if you were sisko ire or the real sisko...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Great games to Ry.

its on paul, gonna unleash some serious ex legs !
    1091474106-06.jpg

DarkTalant wrote: »
    Righteo. I was going to add you (I think) but I wasn't sure if you were sisko ire or the real sisko...

I'm both, one's GFWL and the others PSN.

Kk, you should probably ask azza to take therealSisko off the PSN list in that case...;)

hmmmm

*checks online player list thread

Oh it seems your right.

Yo Azza! Do your thang.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Good games to Kirby today, apart from that 'sim of his I got to witness some skill with his other characters. 4-7 to him, I'm happy enough with that.

I'm toying with rose at the moment. What did you think? Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Don't bother :pac:

GGs to Azza and Redman350 today, playing street fighter for more than a few minutes at a time makes my head hurt though.

Is she that bad? I like her style, and reflect never gets old!

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

She is okay.

Her ultra is pretty good on the defense and a good mistake punsiher. FADC a fireball and hope your opponent tried a jump in and you get to land your ultra. Can also punish people who try to throw fireballs mid screen.

Good pokes. Her c.mp, c.mk, st.mk, st.hk foward + hk are all decent pokes, not the fastest but excellent range. You can play a good footsies game with her.

Her slide is good and is good for setting up throws. Can go under fireballs. Her throw does above average damage and has slightly better range than most. Good dashs both ways and she has a fast if limited ranged focus attack.

Anti air options are iffy though, c.hp beats alot of stuff clean but only directly above her, has an almost vertical hitbox and empty jumps can make it whiff easy enough.
    Soul throw doesn't become active soon enough so you basically need to guess when to use it. Ex. Soul Throw is active quicker and seems to beat alot more stuff.

Her fireball game is poor, huge recovery on medium and hard punch fireball and light punch isn't great either, your only really safe throwing them at full screen or in a combo.

Soul Reflect is useless against non fireball characters. Timing is tricky enough in a fireball fight but its pretty good tool. However you want lighting reaction to reflect an ex.boom from Guile.

Main problem is the lack of high damage options. Her bnb cross up combo is easy enough but doesn't really do a whole lot of damage. Its not safe on block either unless you add in a tricky link from c.lk to c.mp.
    You can only set up her ultra from an ex.focus attack when your opponent is in the corner.

Finally her wake up game is awful. Her options are quite limited, she can either use ex.soul spiral (drill) which isn't safe on block (she can fadc it if she has enough meter) or back dash. If opponent does a very late jump in she could use ex.soul throw which comes out pretty quick.

At the highest levels of play with good timing on links and a good ability to fadc to keep pressure up she does have a strong pressure game. I suppose if you want to see good Rose play, look up SAQS Rose videos on youtube.

She is okay overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

GG's dreddy, really impressive zangief :)

Thank you Azza. I'll give her a little work for now. For now there's not much more I can do with Honda (from a personal ability side) so I'm looking at others to give me something to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Thank you Azza. I'll give her a little work for now. For now there's not much more I can do with Honda (from a personal ability side) so I'm looking at others to give me something to do.
    Unless you're genuinely getting bored with playing Honda, don't give up. Your Honda definitely isn't bad, just keep practicing and if possible, come to offline sessions. Online play is good for matchup experience but you'll never play as well as you do when there's no latency for either players to hide behind. Failing that, just sit in practice mode and work out kinks. I couldn't link exRU with Balrog until last week, just because I always thought that I "couldn't do it", and it took me a while to call bull**** and just keep working on it. Now, I don't have any problems doing it offline and online if the lag is minimal.

Practice, watch videos, see what other people are doing in matchups you're weak against and just slowly implement them into your game. You owned me last Saturday rightly as I had no experience against Honda and didn't know how to approach you (I'm apparently not supposed to, go figure) and I noticed you were adapting to my jump-ins, so if you can spot habits like that, it's not like it's out of your personal ability. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Red350 wrote: »
    GG's dreddy, really impressive zangief :)

Cheers man, must get more games in soon!

Shhhhnip!
    Ah thanks man. Your fights were definitely my most challenging, terrifying boxer when you get going! All that's really left for me to do with Honda is to practice the light punch to HHS link, everything else is just mindgames and match up practice. Honda really isn't built for huge combos or complicated practicing, he's built to stick his big dopey head in your stomach 4 times and to sit on you. So I'm just looking for other characters to keep me challenged.

Don't get me wrong though, I love the fat man!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeh good games onion. Rose has potential. She is nowhere near Sagat or Ryu but the surprise factor can help simply because alot of players have zero experience against her. I've played that Saqs fellow and he has some nice combo's. She is like Fei long and cammy though. If you don't know them inside and out you will struggle. Spacing and all that.

I don't really have any other options apart from sim... as you could tell by my gameplay:p . I like playing as Gief because hes polar opposite to sim and for the shere hilarity of his running bear grab :D. I also play with with Fei long, Gouken and Ken but I'm pretty useless with them.

I am working on a second character though which I might produce at the next tourney for a laugh. I could have used an good alternate against cobelcog last time so I'm hoping to remedy that. It's tough though. There are time I miss Sim's teleport. It gets me out of alot of trouble.

• Advertisement

Despite network issues good games to Dark Talant, Chopper (get ready to rumble on Sat! :D ) Bush always an afwul fight, and joconnell, who pulled off some nasty ass demons on my chun. Bout time you were putting some manners on me again!

Advertisement