Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah. Two other people I couldn't gt a game against.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Might explain why me & Doom couldn't get our matches alright. Or why Kens kept DC'ing my scrub Akuma :PAC:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sf4 is bloody terrible on psn the best of times.

bush wrote: »
    Sf4 is bloody terrible on psn the best of times.

Last night was exceptionally poor though. At one point it was Dcing me every time I tried to set up a lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Same here - my disconnection rate is at 4% even though I've never quite a game since I've owned sf4. Annoying there's no way to mass add friends either - it'd be great if they allowed you to use the web version of psn so we could copy and paste that friend list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

My disconnect rate is still at 0%.

Maybe you should all just check your internet connections instead.

joconnell wrote: »
    Same here - my disconnection rate is at 4% even though I've never quite a game since I've owned sf4.

Same here but on xbox it has never went above 0%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah. Two other people I couldn't gt a game against.

One of the main reasons I moved to the PC version. There was either nobody online, or their connections where poor, or the game would DC intermittently.

Hasn't really happened to me at all online in GFWL. I can usually always find people with all green bars, and get a match connected and going within seconds of starting the game. It also loads a lot faster than the PS3 version (with a simple fix available to disable all the startup company logos)

My disconnect rate is still at 0%.

Maybe you should all just check your internet connections instead.

Believe me, we have.

It doesn't happen all the time, and when it does it happens to everyone else playing too. That's an ISP or a PSN issue. I've tried different routers and different settings on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

And the worst thing, it happened right after we got a 4-bar connection <_<

Then it went 3-bar + kept DC'ing.

Mind, I'm still at 0% :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

PSN was just fecked that day I think. Yeah the pc version is the best by miles, but I still play on ps3 from time to time if I wanna play against people who aint on GFWL or my PC is rendering or something. Or I feel like playing in my sitting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

GG's ropey, quite the dominating performance from yourself, but fun all the same :)

I got a bit frustrated at not being able to get around you with my chun, but that's the reason I play so many characters, 'twas great fun once I started switching up.
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    Ken does a Taunt-Ultra K.O to show how people's luck can run out ;)

:D

Don't worry, no one ever gets bored of seeing Red on youtube :P

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You'll be seeing red, by the time I'm done... *click*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

lol you cheeky bastard red!:D

RopeDrink wrote: »
    lol - Puntastic.

I was really hoping someone would take the obvious pun with red and youtube... :pac:

Also, love the vid :P
    Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    lol you cheeky bastard red!:D

With the beatings I'd taken up to that point, he well deserved it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Great games to Blag last night... not used to them late night sessions, I was shouting at my tv to tech when you were walking from half screen but my hands were not interested in doing what I was telling them at all by the end of it :D

PS I hate Bison!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Yeah,they were some great matches.I do enjoy our matches a lot.

Took me a few to find my rhythm again but it was a lot of fun.

The random select matches were a good warm up for the serious business!

Good Games to Owwwmykneecap, and Dreddy (SP?), got my arse handed to me in some SF2THDR. I really amn't great at that game :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah you too man, been ages since I'd played, couldn't even do my super half the time!

GGs Cobelcog, really don't know the Cammy matchup at all and it showed, you're class.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Thanks Dreddybajs, GGs. Nice Gief, we'll have to play again sometime.

Cobelcog wrote: »
    Thanks Dreddybajs, GGs. Nice Gief, we'll have to play again sometime.

Whats zangief like for cammy?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

bush wrote: »
    Whats zangief like for cammy?

Pretty bad. He's easily one of her worst match-ups. The things he can do render a lot of the things she can do useless. Cammy can't really get in close to do much damage so it requires a lot of careful weaving in and out dealing bits of damage here and there but one mistake and Zangief can get in to do a lot of damage. I imagine that this holds true for a lot of the cast Vs. Zangief but Cammy needs to get in close to do any real damage and her methods of doing so are largely shutout by Zangief's moves.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I hear its Cammy's worst match up, like 7:3 in Giefs favor.

Late larait is basically supreme anti air, if timed right it will beat most air moves or at worst trade and at that a trade nearly always leaves Gief standing to add on ex.green hand damage. I imagine Cammy has no way of cracking Gief with her OKI game gone down the pan, which leaves her options extremely limited. Her Spiral Arrow beats larait and her Cannon Spike should shut down Giefs wake guessing game but that just forces to Gief to turtle which is exactly how you need to play the match up as Gief. Would also be pretty nerve racky stuff trying to range a safe spiral arrow when Gief has a 2 frame SPD or 1 frame Ultra. Even if Cammy did get the Cannon Spike out if Gief blocked it he can simply ex.green hand her recovery. Have to be on point with her link combo's as the slighest mistake and your for serious SPD pain. Gief has 1200 health compared to Cammy's 950 which doesn't help things much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

There's no safe spiral arrow, it's free spd every time.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Oh right, its safer against other characters.

Good games to BanjoB, I facepalmed every time I tried to headbutt Chun with ultra and realised what I'd done to myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Crap games to Azza and his bloody dictator.
    Took the 1st set and thought I was the man, then had a load of close 2 round all sets and I couldn't nick the last round.

The mans a bloody machine, well played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

A-Trak wrote: »
    Crap games to Azza and his bloody dictator.
    Took the 1st set and thought I was the man, then had a load of close 2 round all sets and I couldn't nick the last round.

The mans a bloody machine, well played.

GG's to Azza tonight. Same story as yourself only I didn't take the first set haha. I did beat his Rose though once, go me! Enjoyed it!

Sisko you're a prick end of story but you're the reason I've gotten any way better than when I started in fairness thanks to all your help and tips and fightings so I appreciate that man! :)

Advertisement