Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    20:00 is perfect
    Gives me time to do my hair, plait the beard and put on a bit of lippy....

Arcade and Rocky Horror Picture Show?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Arcade and Rocky Horror Picture Show?

It's all about the antici....... pation....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Has anyone got room for 2 tonight? im out by coolock so can meet on the malahide rd or wherever is handiest

If I can fit one of the car seats into the boot then I can fit you both - I'm coming up the M50 but need to make a pitstop in town around 6 - so could pick you up sometime later on the way north to banjo country? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Andrew76 wrote: »
    If I can fit one of the car seats into the boot then I can fit you both - I'm coming up the M50 but need to make a pitstop in town around 6 - so could pick you up sometime later on the way north to banjo country? :)

Grand job I'll pm you my number

Just heading out of town now myself running around like a blue assed fly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Can't make it tonight, wife is out so I've to mind shorty. Have fun:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

o1s1n wrote: »

Just have to meet Steve in town beforehand as he'll be popping along in the car too.

Will he need one seat or two? :pac:

I should be able to make it into town by then, where are you meeting Steve?

Master of the Universe

Will he need one seat or two? :pac:

I should be able to make it into town by then, where are you meeting Steve?

Sent you a pm, gotta avoid those dodgy Russian Zero Tolerance prototype stalkers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Won't be able to make it! Definitely gonna try get to the next one! Enjoy it! :]

Master of the Universe

Could one of you nice chaps pm me on Ciderdudes address?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Great to see everyone this evening.
    Absolute blast, just brilliant.
    Happy Christmas, ya filthy animals!

And congrats on the wedding of Dinorex to Eliminator on the PS2! It wasn't love at first sight, but something beautiful happened tonight!

• Advertisement

That was a much needed night out. Thank you to everyone for an amazing night.
    To cidey and family thank you for making myself and little ms sparks so welcome. Your young lad is an absolute credit to you both and a gentleman. Seeing both of them enjoying themselves made me smile.

Ms fuzzy great always to see you and I hope you have a great Xmas and most importantly a wonderful 2017

Oisin amazing to see you and the lovely lady. You look younger then I remember from before. A great Xmas to you both

Andrew thank you so much for the lift glad you enjoyed the gifts even the joke ones. I will drop down for a game of cricket soon :)

Dino I hope you and herself have a great Xmas love from us to you both.

Cosmic aka monkeycube can't believe I didn't notice the name change. Always a gent and to you and yours have a great Xmas

Mr vestek great to see you again all the best from us to you have a great Xmas

I know I've missed one lad but I don't know his user name needless to say he is a gentleman and to him I hope he has a great Xmas

Little miss is made up with the gifts she received the smile on her face going to bed was amazing to see. Thank you cidey Jr. From little ms sparks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I had a great time last night and I just wanted to say thanks to CiDeRmAn and Mrs.Ciderman for hosting the Christmas beers for another year. It was good getting to see all the familiar faces and a few new ones too. The time passed so quickly, but then again it always does, there's never enough time to catch up and chat to everyone. I wouldn't have been able to make it out without the chauffeuring services of Rez and copilot Oisin, aka the joystick fairy. I hope everyone has a happy Christmas and peaceful New Year and hope to see you all again in 2017.

Master of the Universe

Great seeing everyone again! :) That was lots of fun. Won't be leaving it so long in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Raging I didn't take the video for Atavan earlier, can't remember who said it to me but ye were gone. He absolutely loved it and it made his day.

Thanks so much for a fantastic night as usual in Chez Cider for festive beers.
    Hoping ye all enjoy the holidays and have a wonderful 2017, I'll probably post greetings again closer to the time, good to see you all. <3

Thanks again Andrew76 for bringing a copy of Pokemon Sun :)

Big thanks to you Cidey and Mrs. Cidey for hosting - was great fun and really good to see you all again and meeting new faces. :)

Thanks also to my co-drivers on the night, Sparks and Little Sparks, and for the pressies too - very much appreciated sir. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

How does the 11th of March sound for a meet up at mine?

We'll all have our switches by then so we can also make it a Switch Party. (Not to be confused with a gay orgy)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll try my best to make it switch in tow.

Sounds fantastic!
    So, what multiplayer games will there be, aside from Bomberman?

If you don't have a Switch then a Swatch will do...

La7VJ4X.jpg

No Switch but I'll still head up, looking forward to seeing the Switch in action :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I was gonna post that! Glad if I did someone would have liked it. I'm watching Fresh Prince again atm

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sounds fantastic!
    So, what multiplayer games will there be, aside from Bomberman?

1,2 Switch for some cow-milking competition? :D

Like we'll probably play the Switch for 30 mins and the rest of the night will be Blue Stinger and Panty Party.

I really want to try out that Car-P-G game...

DinoRex wrote: »
    I really want to try out that Car-P-G game...
    Is that this one?

Road Trip Adventure:

684715-road-trip-playstation-2-screenshot-the-adventure-starts-with.jpg

Road Trip Adventure:

684715-road-trip-playstation-2-screenshot-the-adventure-starts-with.jpg
    Forget about the Switches! Lol jkjk
    That's so strange, I have to play that sometime

How does the 11th of March sound for a meet up at mine?

We'll all have our switches by then so we can also make it a Switch Party. (Not to be confused with a gay orgy)

Not 100% sure if myself and little ms sparks can make it but if we can we most certainly will.

Busy start to the year in fact not busy chaotic would be the best way of putting it :o

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Not 100% sure if myself and little ms sparks can make it but if we can we most certainly will.
    Hopefully you can, fingers crossed, it's not too far out :)

Advertisement