Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Looking forward to it, it's always a lovely feeling the Christmas one even though I'm a Scourge through and through :P

G1Scourge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Ah sure it got a laugh at least :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Am I right saying this is on Friday week, Dec 2nd? Which puts it on the same night as the Late Late Toy Show. I wonder will Tuby put it back a week. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bugger!
    I never even thought of that!
    I'm kinda locked into the date now....
    Does it mess people up a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Bugger!

If you want to go the 9th im happy as well :)

Or 10th for my birthday :eek:

3rd is a no go though :(

16th very close to xmas but last day of college for me :cool:

Whichever if you build it they will come :D

• Advertisement

Bugger!

Ah I didn't want to throw a spanner in the works, more just a reminder in case some folks watch it. Bit of a family tradition here to let the kids stay up late and watch it but I'll just record it and we can watch it Saturday evening instead. So I'll still come along anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll keep it to the 2nd so.
    Sure, I'll have it on in the background!
    Turb is a numpty anyway!

I'll keep it to the 2nd so.
    Sure, I'll have it on in the background!
    Turb is a numpty anyway!

Lol aye. It's a bit of fun even if the video game section it always rubbish. Miles better than TV3's offering which isn't saying much. :)

So, people ready to rock around the christmas tree on Friday?
    Can I get an idea of who is coming?
    Just so the pile of Ferrero Rocher is the right size... don't want anyone feeling left out...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just so the pile of Ferrero Rocher is the right size... don't want anyone feeling left out...

I'll still be heading along with the missus. Must remember to bring that arcade stick for ya!

• Advertisement

I'm heading over with Dinorex :)

I must drop the artist formerly known as Myrddin, formerly known as Enternow a line, see if he is about....

Master of the Universe

I must drop the artist formerly known as Myrddin, formerly known as Enternow a line, see if he is about....

And we can all force him to sign up for a fresh new account before he leaves ;)

Myself and little ms sparks shall be in attendance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Never been to one of these. :L I'd feel like a right clown going to one since it'd be full of people I don't know that well, any chance of a pub one of these in the future? :p

Yep count me in too.

Linoud wrote: »
    Never been to one of these. :L I'd feel like a right clown going to one since it'd be full of people I don't know that well, any chance of a pub one of these in the future? :p

Hey, this is an all included event, everyone was here for the first time once, even me!
    And, the only requirement is a love of games and healthy dislike of Streets of Rage!
    Come along, the only clown is the one who doesn't go.... and the clown who lives in the drains along the road, stealing children...
    giphy.gif

It's good fun, sure sole people I recognize them but can't remember a name or username for so we can both be in the "hey... you" camp lol. You can just keep asking me who is who I don't mind.
    Mine is my last nickname so you'll already know mine, that's a start.

Yeah, sure remembering all the names is like this

Aha hopefully I can make it out sure! I should probably ask, where bouts would it be and is there a bus/luas near the host's house? :L
    Meant to check on this yesterday but I've been knackered doing Jury Duty.

• Advertisement

Aha hopefully I can make it out sure! I should probably ask, where bouts would it be and is there a bus/luas near the host's house? :L
    Meant to check on this yesterday but I've been knackered doing Jury Duty.

Sadly, no much in the way of buses or luas lines here!
    But there may be people travelling over from whereever you are, so let us all know and see what pops up.

Cheers man! I'd be on my way out from Tallaght most likely! Hopefully I can make it, will see how the day goes with Jury duty etc. :L I'll give you a heads up if I can make it though! :]

Thankfully I'm exempt from jury duty, that's because I'm a nurse, not because I'm a Mod of Arcade and Retro, which would be cool if it were true...
    "You Sir cannot be on a jury of your peers as you have a recognised fondness for Raiden and Robotron! Leave this court room immediately!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

If anyone has a free seat in a car I could put in a appearance. I missed the last one and this will be the last one of this year, next one in 2017.

Master of the Universe

If anyone has a free seat in a car I could put in a appearance. I missed the last one and this will be the last one of this year, next one in 2017.

I'll be going from the city centre if that's any use?

Actually what time is kick off, around 8 or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'll be going from the city centre if that's any use?

What time are you heading out at Oisin?

Master of the Universe

What time are you heading out at Oisin?

If this kicks off at 8 probably about 7:30?

Just have to meet Steve in town beforehand as he'll be popping along in the car too.

Has anyone got room for 2 tonight? im out by coolock so can meet on the malahide rd or wherever is handiest

• Advertisement

20:00 is perfect
    Gives me time to do my hair, plait the beard and put on a bit of lippy....

Advertisement