Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Stoner wrote: »
    OK I have to stop with the Gamecube stuff!!

holy flurking schnit! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jesus christ man!

As someone who amassed a multitude of multiples of the same console, I can tell you this - it's not worth it. Use the space to get more variation in your collection.

You reach a point where you're surrounded by loads of the same console. I have about 7-8 Megadrives. If I got rid of 5 that would be room for 5 more other consoles!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

o1s1n wrote: »
    Jesus christ man!

As someone who amassed a multitude of multiples of the same console, I can tell you this - it's not worth it. Use the space to get more variation in your collection.

You reach a point where you're surrounded by loads of the same console. I have about 7-8 Megadrives. If I got rid of 5 that would be room for 5 more other consoles!

dont get me started on the megadrives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

That's freakin brilliant! OCD much??!! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

batari wrote: »
    That's freakin brilliant! OCD much??!! :)

do you know my wife?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Wow, those GC's are cheap as chips!
    Keeping up the home computer end of things, I just got a boxed 1750 Commodore RAM expansion unit. Now to get it here for the cheapest possible P+P...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Stoner wrote:
    how much did you pay for all that!?

I've lost track

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

You could build a fort with all those gamecubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

jesus titty ****ign christ!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

You could build a fort with all those gamecubes.

red-lobster-to-dog-fort.jpg?w=593&h=647

DO IT!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

I got a copy of Shining Force 2 in nice condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Stoner wrote: »

Haha, and I thought I was bad with my cube stuff! Have you got the Tales of Symphonia one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

got these 2 today

Also got Valykie Profile 2 for the ps2 for 99p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

New to this part of Boards.ie but great to see so much interest in the retro games!

I've just started getting in to picking up the oldies and in the last two weeks I have obtained the following:

1. OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (XBOX)
    2. OutRun 2 (XBOX)
    3. Metal Arms: Glitch In The System (XBOX)
    4. Earth Defence Force 2017 (XBOX 360)
    5. Drill Dozer (GBA) USA Import, new and still sealed
    6. Madden 09 (NDS) UK PAL, new and still sealed
    7. Advance Wars: Dual Strike (NDS)
    8. Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection (XBOX)

Modern stuff perhaps, but some are pretty hard to find in good nick so I've been told.

Looking to get in to the GameCube stuff I think. Is that shop on Fade Street worth a look in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Pyongyang wrote: »
    New to this part of Boards.ie but great to see so much interest in the retro games!

I've just started getting in to picking up the oldies and in the last two weeks I have obtained the following:

1. OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (XBOX)
    2. OutRun 2 (XBOX)
    3. Metal Arms: Glitch In The System (XBOX)
    4. Earth Defence Force 2017 (XBOX 360)
    5. Drill Dozer (GBA) USA Import, new and still sealed
    6. Madden 09 (NDS) UK PAL, new and still sealed
    7. Advance Wars: Dual Strike (NDS)
    8. Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection (XBOX)

Modern stuff perhaps, but some are pretty hard to find in good nick so I've been told.

Looking to get in to the GameCube stuff I think. Is that shop on Fade Street worth a look in?

Hey there! The shop (the rage) is definitely worth a look in, but as far as I know it doesn't hav any gamecube stuff. Not gamecube games as of yet anyway.

Oh and Drill Dozer is a great game, hope you're planning on opening it and playing it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finally got to RAGE this morning.
    Nice selection of stuff, could've spent a lot more but held back!
    Got Hellfire (yay!), Wonderboy III and Dynamite Heady all for the MD, cost around 23 for the lot.
    Happy with that.
    Nearly bought Bubble Bobble and RC ProAm for the NES and Pokemon Blue for the GB but didn't.
    He says that they're getting in Snes stuff over the week/weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wonderboy III

Bastard! Had my eye on it and decided to save my money and now regret it.

You do know there's 4 monster land games and all of them are supposedly excellent metroid games? Think all of them have a fan translation. Monster Land 4 is supposedly a classic. Just saying it in case you really dig it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Finally got to RAGE this morning.
    Nice selection of stuff, could've spent a lot more but held back!
    Got Hellfire (yay!), Wonderboy III and Dynamite Heady all for the MD, cost around 23 for the lot.
    Happy with that.
    Nearly bought Bubble Bobble and RC ProAm for the NES and Pokemon Blue for the GB but didn't.
    He says that they're getting in Snes stuff over the week/weekend.

Any mega drives? if so, any idea which model they are? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This little beauty came in the post this morning. Shame the SD card doesn't sit flush with the top of the cart like the NES PowerPak, minor gripe though. It works a treat. Each time you load a new game it just takes a few seconds to flash to the cart.

everdrive.jpg

Some pics of it in action (still so impressed with that modded screen EnterNow).

evermusha.jpg
    eversonic1.jpg
    evermwiv.jpg

/Edit: Just managed to get Wily Wars working on it too. :)

evermmww.jpg

Nice touch with the packaging too. :pac:

everpackaging.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I didn't see any MD's, but then I wasn't looking for one.
    There may be some there alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nice one Andrew, looks sweet as pie. You got fantastic shots of how sharp the screen is too :cool:

Master of the Universe

Wtf, how did you get Nomad screen photos like that? It looks like you pasted in screengrabs from your pc :D

The Everdrive looks like it's really well put together. Really tempted to get one now.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wtf, how did you get Nomad screen photos like that? It looks like you pasted in screengrabs from your pc :D

The Everdrive looks like it's really well put together. Really tempted to get one now.

Lol, it actually does look like a cut & paste. But seriously thats how good the mod is, Andrew just has a better camera than me :D

Yeah that is seriously gorgous

Think i might try and get a nomad, how hard is that mod to do enternow? or how much does it cost?

Yeah that is seriously gorgous

Think i might try and get a nomad, how hard is that mod to do enternow? or how much does it cost?

You know...when you've been tango'd Cider'd :D

I've done three of them now so am fairly confident while doing it. Unusually in this mod, it's not soldering or wiring thats the tricky part...it's centering the new screen exactly righ. You've also got to rip (literally) the old screen out, which takes some manning up to do as it's a point of no return. Other than that, just take it one step at a time, measure twice cut once etc etc.

Cost wise, I can't remember how much that DX screen is, was it $50 or so o1s1n? I generally read my Visa bills with one eye closed, and the other heavily squinted.

haha ah right, well manning up is somthing of a speciality of mine.

must give it a go when i got a nomad

Master of the Universe

Here's the link, $50 shipped -

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20415

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    Lol, it actually does look like a cut & paste. But seriously thats how good the mod is, Andrew just has a better camera than me :D

Hehe nah my camera is years old and usually involves taking 10 pics each time and picking out the one that's in focus and where the flash hasn't blanked everything out. The new screen is just awesome. OT but I've wondered how you get close up shots of pcb's in your modding threads, camera + magnifying glass?

@Jack - if you do get a Nomad then defo get the screen changed out, $50 is nothing when it means bringing the machine back to life. No matter how good a condition the Nomad is in, the original screen is rubbish compared to that modern day DX one.

@o1s1n - Delighted with the EverDrive. Just so handy not having to swap out carts, it also handles game saves for those carts that normally have them (just save in game as normal). And since it runs roms (of games I own!) you can also run hacks/translation patches etc. It's great!
    Stoneagegamer are sold out atm but I think you can get the actual Everdrive PCB from it's creator here: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/sega-megadrive-genesis-flash-cart-with-sd-mmc. They don't come with the pause switch at the top anymore (for SMS games) but you can always get them yourself and solder it on if you want. Once you have the pcb then use any MD cart and just cut a slot at the top for the SD card (2GB max) or get the parts from stoneagegamer. The Everdrive will format the SD itself through it's menu and away you go. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bastard! Had my eye on it and decided to save my money and now regret it.

You do know there's 4 monster land games and all of them are supposedly excellent metroid games? Think all of them have a fan translation. Monster Land 4 is supposedly a classic. Just saying it in case you really dig it.
    was it https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Wonder_Boy_III:_Monster_Lair ? that one
    It's not bad , but not a patch on the metroid style ones?(dragons trap , monster land etc)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement