Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lol at the modesty. Ya hammered everyone that night. :pac:

Well hammered isn't really correct, pdbhb ko'd me in the 1st round of our last fight & very nearly won. I don't believe in bragging, lets call it...beginners luck :o:D

pdbhp wrote: »
    You warmed to it... yea you owned with it that night.

Lol well it's better than saying "Yeah, I found the stick a bit difficult to get used to, despite beating the cr@p out of everyone in the room...twice!!!"....Nah, not my style :p As I said, beginners luck :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

pdbhp wrote: »
    But even though I've been arguing the toss I'd still say the Stick edges it slightly:D

As far as I see it if it's not good enough for Daigo and Justn Wong, it's not good enough for me. I think the current grandmasters know a lot more than we do!
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Well hammered isn't really correct, pdbhb ko'd me in the 1st round of our last fight & very nearly won. I don't believe in bragging, lets call it...beginners luck :o:D

Yeah then you quit 'undefeated' :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I can build my little Ikea cab and have some really nice controls to boot!

You should document that whenever it kicks off. I'd be interested to see it take shape. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

...pdbhb ko'd me in the 1st round of our last fight & very nearly won...

Brilliant! "One person took a round off me." :pac:
    Not bad at all for never having used a stick before. Although I'll gladly take some of the credit if you like since it was my TE. :P

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    As far as I see it if it's not good enough for Daigo and Justn Wong, it's not good enough for me. I think the current grandmasters know a lot more than we do!

Yeah then you quit 'undefeated' :)

Thats like saying you wouldn't want a Ferrari F430 because Michael Schumacher finds the gear change a bit sluggish. It's like turning away a prime rack of lamb because a food connoiseur thought the temperature of the grill was a degree too high. We arn't grandmasters or connoiseurs man, don't get delusions of grandeur :P

I did indeed, only due to dehydration & rsi. Something Cider is afflicted with, strangely enough when there's lotion in the microwave :confused::pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Brilliant! "One person took a round off me." :pac:
    Not bad at all for never having used a stick before. Although I'll gladly take some of the credit if you like since it was my TE. :P

Ah now come on...I'm sure I lost more than one round that night, in fact I'm certain I did :D Yup, by the end I found the stick quite nice to use :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

As far as I see it if it's not good enough for Daigo and Justn Wong, it's not good enough for me. I think the current grandmasters know a lot more than we do

Well that is true though I wouldn't always worry what grand masters are doing as they do be so much better that mere mortals like ourselves that what works for them mightn't work for us.
    Maybe I'm only arguing the toss because I don't have a stick and this is the resulting jelous rant;)

Actually Retr0 is a grand master what am I thinking, the grand master of gaming knowledge. The kitchen conversation at that beers you were like a walking wiki man, awesome amounts of info came out of you that night! :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was an epic conversation indeed. Hope there's another meet up again soon. Unfortunately my videogame knowledge isn't helping me write about electron transfer rates in monolayer assemblies at the moment :( neither it boards.ie though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wonder if I should set up an "Enternow and Retr0gamer, praise and blatant sucking up" sticky?
    I could surely thin out the thread here by sending those posts on over into a more appropriate place....
    It's a god idea me thinks, and don't call me Shirley! (rip Leslie Nielsen)

Wonder if I should set up an "Enternow and Retr0gamer, praise and blatant sucking up" sticky?
    I could surely thin out the thread here by sending those posts on over into a more appropriate place....
    It's a god idea me thinks, and don't call me Shirley! (rip Leslie Nielsen)

Was that your microwave going bing? :p:pac:

I just thought it seemed a bit like I was picking on poor ol' Retr0, so decided to inflate his ego slightly, after all, this whole forum is in the spirit of goodness isn't it :) Also, I need to pick Retr0's brain from time to time so need him on the good side of bad :D

Oh & Retr0, when in doubt, always come back to e=mc2. It solves basically everything, well relatively speaking anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh & Retr0, when in doubt, always come back to e=mc2. It solves basically everything, well relatively speaking anyway.

You fool, everyone knows it's 42!

You fool, everyone knows it's 42!

Whats 42? The electron transfer rates in monolayer assemblies? I'm sorry but Albert, Isaac, Archimedes & myself have to disagree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Whats 42? The electron transfer rates in monolayer assemblies? I'm sorry but Albert, Isaac, Archimedes & myself have to disagree with you there.

You're a sick twisted historic name dropper:pac:

42 s^-1?

That would actually make sense. Unfortunately mine are a lot higher meaning my monolayers are crap :'(

I can't believe there are no Hitchhiker fans here, it saddens me deeply how unschooled you all are in the classics... :(
    I have them all in book, radio play, tv and movie form if anyone wants to see them, no lending, feckers would clean me out!

I got the joke but I've only seen the terrible film for shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I got the joke but I've only seen the terrible film for shame.

What?! That's pretty shocking. The rubbish recent film is the one thing I haven't seen.

Do yourself a favour and get your hands on the tv series.

The film wasn't rubbish, everyone had their favourite iteration of the stories, each media has it's own unique take on the tale, Douglas changed the story to suit them, in fact I would go so far a to say the movie was as good as could have been expected, imagine the tragic outcome had a big studio got it, handed it to a couple of hacks and let them at it...
    Nope, I enjoyed it, but the radio plays from the BBC are pretty definitive.
    If anyone wants them I can "lend" you a complete copy of all of them, there's 5 in all, and very very funny they are too...
    I also have the Eoin Colfer book being read, also by the BBC, and that's not bad either, despite the bad press.

It all depends really on how old you are and the version that was current, as I am a child of the 70's I would have first read the books and watched the TV before listening to the radio plays.
    The game was a big hit in the 80's as well, unfortunately it tends to come with the US book cover artwork,
    200px-Hitchhikers_Guide_box_art.jpg
    But it was a big success back in the day.

Now I know what the next tatt is going to be, I was going for the Lamda symbol from Half Life, but now I'm edging towards "Don't Panic", in large friendly letters, down my arm...

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    The rubbish recent film is the one thing I haven't seen.

Having an opinion on something you have yet to try?
    Your account has been hijacked!
    It's Retr0 isn't it!
    I'd recognise that arrogant, GoldenAxe lovin' attitude anywhere!

Come out you louser!

Give o1s1n back his account!

I'll tell!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

The game was a big hit in the 80's as well
    There was an unfinished sequel to that game.
    Who could forget the pocket fluff and panic resistant sunglasses that came with the packaging. Nobody has ever matched Infocom for cool game boxes.
    Back on topic, my Commodore C286 laptop arrived, to add to my C386. Neither have working HDs or batteries, but that's par for the course with laptops from 1990.;)

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    panic resistant sunglasses

Sorry to be such a nerd, but they were Peril Sensitive Glasses!
    To stop you from being upset by anything in your vicinity that might be dangerous!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

You're right. I got it mixed up with the "Don't Panic" badge that also shipped with the game. I have one here somewhere actually...

Zaphod had them when he, Ford and Trillian were in the tunnels beneath the surface of Magrathea, just before they were knocked out, by agents of the mice, the glasses, true to function, went completely black, keeping him as cool, hoopy and a frood as ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just back from THE RAGE.

Every time I go in there it's an exercise in restraint. I pick up a load of games...and then have to whittle them down.

I bought Xmen, Fatal Fury and Bloodshot on the Megadrive. I lept on Bloodshot when I saw it. Hard enough game to come across.

His Megadrive selection really has grown dramatically. It's great. There were a good few more games in there I had to hold back on buying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I know its so tempting having it all laid out in front of you. It's like that buffet restaurant in debenhams. You take what you want and then pay by weight so you go mad loading up everything and anything and then you realise you've spent 371723 euro on food :(

I went into have a look with sarah. Ended up spending 40 euros there :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just back from THE RAGE.

Every time I go in there it's an exercise in restraint. I pick up a load of games...and then have to whittle them down.

I bought Xmen, Fatal Fury and Bloodshot on the Megadrive. I lept on Bloodshot when I saw it. Hard enough game to come across.

His Megadrive selection really has grown dramatically. It's great. There were a good few more games in there I had to hold back on buying.

Was in there myself today (and almost slapped off the ground coming up to the place) was having a look around and saw there are alot of new Mega Drive games, that's cool. I picked up Another World as I love it, epic game. Also got Mega Man 2 complete with box and manual, that was only 15 euro which was cool, on the completed listings for eBay it sold last for just under 50 euro :o

IMGP1291.jpg

• Advertisement

Any sign of Hellfire?
    I want

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement