Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got okamiden in the post this morning, can't wait to start playing it! I find it easier to work through handheld games and find it easier to have the time for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah handheld is the way to go. Got circle of the moon yesterday and already have an hour gone into it, something which the games in the consoles rarely get at that speed. Castlevania on the Sega has only got about two hours in the 3 weeks I have it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a lovely, unboxed, copy of Kirby Tilt'n Tumble coming for my GBA, it's in a nifty translucent pink casing, which is nice.
    Also Midtown Madness 3 for the Xbox, I was addicted to Midtown Madness back in the day, the true forerunner to GTAIII and a title that evolved into Midnight Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This eventually arrived at my desk today.
    Pics aren't great but you get the idea. I'll take a few better ones later on at home.

photo1snl.jpg

photo2akh.jpg

Just been doing a bit more research on the games for the iQue. Apparently most of the games are newer versions of the N64 carts. So lots of bugs have been fixed and gameplay is a lot smoother than on the N64(OoT is meant to be very smooth). Pity its nearly all in Chinese :rolleyes:

Edit:
    This guy has a few vids of the differences between the N64 and iQue games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No blood and Quaran hymns though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Doge

Still waiting on those bloody Vectrex games I won last thursday.

A guy from the UK left feedback for the ones he bought from the seller on Tuesday.

The post seems to be damn slow for me lately, if I don't receive them Monday I'll have to call upto the depot and ask them to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got me some ghosts :D

7142443739_8bfd5a6186_c.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Say good bye to your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Snes one isn't too bad. Hate the megadrive one though.

• Advertisement

Megadrive game is great. Taught me how to 1 credit that sucker!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ah yes, I remember that night when we all watched as retr0 effortlessly 1cc'ed Ghouls and Ghosts
    :p

Ah yes, I remember that night when we all watched as retr0 effortlessly 1cc'ed Ghouls and Ghosts

I blame the joystick :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

have a photo actually
    552020_3767493627380_1277863976_3661605_2012997522_n.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Must tighten that thing up in prep for the 11th!

Picked up a replacement for my now MIA Mario Kart 7, traded Darksiders, Bulletstorm and the easily replaced for a tenner Rage, threw in €15 and it was mine once again, still sublime!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Must tighten that thing up in prep for the 11th!

No offense but the AV signal out of that thing gives me headaches and the joystick is nasty :(

btw have you got a 'naughty' original Xbox? Was hoping to give Metal Wolf Chaos a blast and figured the 11th would be a good time to try it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

waveform wrote: »
    Still waiting on those bloody Vectrex games I won last thursday.

A guy from the UK left feedback for the ones he bought from the seller on Tuesday.

The post seems to be damn slow for me lately, if I don't receive them Monday I'll have to call upto the depot and ask them to check.

Don't forget it's a Bank Holiday this Monday - post office won't be open I presume.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No offense but the AV signal out of that thing gives me headaches and the joystick is nasty :(

btw have you got a 'naughty' original Xbox? Was hoping to give Metal Wolf Chaos a blast and figured the 11th would be a good time to try it out.

I'm going to try to "obtain" that game in time for the night, fingers crossed it's "delivered" ok.....

A few better pics of the iQue(probably too many but I wanted to show it from a few angles).
    This was new and sealed in the box but I got him to open it to install some extra games before shipping. So its nice and minty fresh :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQue_Player

Click each image for the full size version.

dsc1206nef.jpg

dsc1205nef.jpg

dsc1192nef.jpg

dsc1193nef.jpg

dsc1194nef.jpg

dsc1197nef.jpg

dsc1198nef.jpg

dsc1199nef.jpg

dsc1200nef.jpg

dsc1201nef.jpg

dsc1202nef.jpg

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Don't forget it's a Bank Holiday this Monday - post office won't be open I presume.

Hehehe! *Knock* *Knock!*

Meant to say tuesday. I managed to get a tracking number from the seller and they only hit Port Laoise yesterday so will be waiting a few more days.

Glad to know they're on Irish soil though! :)

Now I want an iQue :(
    It's not fair I tells ya!
    Everytime I think I've tried everything on the menu, along comes some git and points out another couple of pages!
    Bugger!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Now I want an iQue :(
    It's not fair I tells ya!
    Everytime I think I've tried everything on the menu, along comes some git and points out another couple of pages!
    Bugger!

Tis a nice curiosity to have all right but it's not something you'd take out to play that often, unless you spoke fluent Chinese that is.

Still, now is the time you grab one while they are going for a relatively reasonable price for a new and sealed one.
    In a few years they might become a lot harder to come by, especially ones that are still sealed in the box. Then you have the issue of getting games onto the thing. If you don't want to hack it to bits then you need to do it officially and it can still be done in China via the download service and the use of those little cards you see in one of the pictures I posted.

It's no CDi. The CDi changed the course of videogame history and raised the bar for quality. The iQue is and official unofficial N64 clone for the chinese market :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Then you have the issue of getting games onto the thing. If you don't want to hack it to bits then you need to do it officially

Whats involved in putting them on yourself? Is it a messy hack that basically wrecks the device? Or can it be done nicely, leaving you with N64 games etc in English?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Whats involved in putting them on yourself? Is it a messy hack that basically wrecks the device? Or can it be done nicely, leaving you with N64 games etc in English?

I've only looked into it a bit but it does seem to be very messy and I think you can only put iQue games onto it.
    I might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noobsaibot21

Is there no Z-Trigger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Non-gaming, but thought I'd 'show and tell' as this DVD is becoming a bit on the rare side these days.

As for the CD, well, I've started collecting CD's again for some reason. Specifically SACD but this one has no SACD that I know of, but it's the greatest Detroit techno album ever made so it's a no brainer, buying the MP3s just won't do. :)

ib1vIAOvyrDPdu.JPG

Is there no Z-Trigger?

There is, it's under the left shoulder button.

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Non-gaming, but thought I'd 'show and tell' as this DVD is becoming a bit on the rare side these days.

As for the CD, well, I've started collecting CD's again for some reason. Specifically SACD but this one has no SACD that I know of, but it's the greatest Detroit techno album ever made so it's a no brainer, buying the MP3s just won't do. :)

ib1vIAOvyrDPdu.JPG

Absolutely love the Exhibitionist Mix.

I must poke it out and give the other mixes a go again, especially the Axis mix with the selectable camera views.

I don't think there's many dvds out there that make use of that feature.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement