Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Doge

^^^

That moody bassline would make me even more angry,
    or put me in an introverted dark place where I'm postponing my RAGGGGEEEEE!

Try this for some calm:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I thought this would be more apt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well not games related but certainly retro

I'm starting to get into some trading cards and I found a load of unopened packs of dinosaurs attack on ebay for $14 so i picked them up. And they are amazing! Plus each packet came with a stick of gum, which I tried and it just turns to dust in your mouth!

Heres some pics

DSCN24801.jpg

DSCN24821.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,689 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just found a website with all of the card covers, christ are they violent!

http://www.bobheffner.com/dinosaursattack/indexfront.htm

Yeah they are vicious! its great!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Think I might try to pick up a set, they're dirt cheap.

Thanks for yet another addiction :p

Yeah they are really cool.

and if you like them than check these out. I'm ordering a load of these as soon as I have the money

http://www.wax-eye.com/categories/Trading-Cards/

lmao

df14.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Added a few of the classics to my Megadrive collection

001-7.jpg?t=1336576545

002-3.jpg?t=1336576476

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Rescued a small haul from a skip today which I was passing by chance..
    They're all soaked wet so they'll need a few days to dry before I can turn them on.
    The oldest one (which is also the largest one) is from 1978, the rest are from 85-85 (the DEC servers and the Amstrad, which I've no PSU for)
    IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314-1.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Cool, We used to have an Amstrad 1512 :)

It's missing its PSU?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Cool, We used to have an Amstrad 1512 :)

It's missing its PSU?
    It's built into the monitor :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It's built into the monitor :pac:

Oh right :D I can't remember at all :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For those who need to chill the frak out, and in honour of the wonderful weather we've been having, have a nice big slice of this...

I've just had a nice slice of a power cut this evening upto 10 mins ago......

image010.jpg

Was in the middle of a game of Parallel lines and all.

Electricity?

You'd be lost without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I haven't listened to them in ages

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only the one thing arrived today. Not going to buy anything for the next few weeks since I'm off to NYC at the start of June and meeting up with someone from Hardcore Gaming 101 who is giving me a tour of the best places to spend all my money.

Anyway I got Glass Rose for the PS2. It's a PAL exclusive in english and an adventure game. I'm pretty sure I heard on WAHP that SWERY of Deadly Premonition fame worked on the game and that Cing were involved, the same team behind Hotel Dusk and Another Code. Anyway it seems to be really rare but reasonably priced and supposedly quite good, Consolevania gave it a glowing review.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

This just arrived this morning. A mate of mine has yet to give me his spare Dreamcast Keyboard though so I won't be playing it any time soon. Picked it up brand new and sealed for a reasonable enough price on Ebay.

I don't really want to break the seal but at the same time I also want to play it.

411014_4054867212840_1316860093_3679230_1946294311_o.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I must pick it up myself. I have a DC keyboard and nothing to use it with and really must learn to type.

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    and really must learn to type.

:eek:

• Advertisement

I get by using my two fingers just fine :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I get by using my two fingers just fine :P

Must, resist, smutty comment... :pac:

I must pick it up myself. I have a DC keyboard and nothing to use it with and really must learn to type.

They're actually going cheap enough on Ebay for sealed copies.

Trying to pick up some more US/Japanese exclusives now that I have the Link83 region free BIOS flashed to my Dreamcast.

I managed to pick up one of these today.

IMAG0502.jpg

The best thing about this deal? Did it cost me the going rate of £150 - £200?
    Nah... I got it for free.

Delighted with myself. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Achilles wrote: »
    I managed to pick up one of these today.

IMAG0502.jpg

204614.png

...Please give details how. Trying to understand the workarounds involving dial tone generators makes my eyes feel like they're bleeding.

And needless to say, congrats.

a5y wrote: »

204614.png

...Please give details how. Trying to understand the workarounds involving dial tone generators makes my eyes feel like they're bleeding.

And needless to say, congrats.

Mate of mine happened to have one and said that I could have it. Also... what's with the jelly? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Mate of mine happened to have one and said that I could have it. Also... what's with the jelly? :P

Pardon my ignorance but was it is exactly? I think he means he is jealous hence the jelly! I'd guess its a PI with a shield on it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

nuxxx wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but was it is exactly? I think he means he is jealous hence the jelly! I'd guess its a PI with a shield on it

Dreamcast broadband adaptor!

DC_SEGA_DREAMCAST_BROADBAND_ADAPTER.jpg

Jaysus! Considering the PS2 Network adaptor offers so much more functionality, and is only about €30, that's a big price to pay!

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »

Jaysus! Considering the PS2 Network adaptor offers so much more functionality, and is only about €30, that's a big price to pay!
    Well the Dreamcast broadband adapter was only released in small quantaties, only a few thousand were produced and sold through Sega of America and Sega Japan's website, they were never available in stores.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement