Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

We should set up an A&R tactical team
    For sellers like that

• Registered Users Posts: 34,661 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I threw up a little. Worst packaging I've ever seen. And I've seen someone on here have a JAMMA board delivered in a used pizza box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We'd form the A&R version of Mossad, hunting down the enemies of the one true gamers, retrogamers, and sending a clear message to other people considering sending precious cargo in inappropriate packaging.

But where would it end?

Do we send a wetworks team to abduct and murder the creators of Legend of Dragoon?

Do we plant explosives in the car head rest of the developer of Rise of the Robots?

Do we use high tech means to erase every trace of the game Boulder Dash from the planet, before putting Sparks up against a wall with a pepperami in his mouth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    We'd form the A&R version of Mossad, hunting down the enemies of the one true gamers, retrogamers, and sending a clear message to other people considering sending precious cargo in inappropriate packaging.

But where would it end?

Do we send a wetworks team to abduct and murder the creators of Legend of Dragoon?

Do we plant explosives in the car head rest of the developer of Rise of the Robots?

Do we use high tech means to erase every trace of the game Boulder Dash from the planet, before putting Sparks up against a wall with a pepperami in his mouth?

Too small a scale, we have a true weapon of mass destruction at our disposal you forget...

zc1s2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,661 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hopefully they don't counter that picture with the one of Atavan licking a bottle of Captain Morgans.

That's mutually assured destruction right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭Steve X2

But where would it end?

I offer my my services as a gun wielding lunatic if required.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You'll be too busy, with me, putting 3DO nay-sayers' heads on stakes, sorry man...

Taken in the garden, at cidermans last beers

00582965.zoom.a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I could do za warudo :cool:
    Steve SI wrote: »
    my gun
    97f8d683d429a7224e86428032adcb3b_vi.jpg?t=1335961224

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sera wrote: »
    I could do za warudo :cool:

The knives always with the knives:D

The truck at the end is a nice touch though:p

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Joking aside, this is the sort of total indifference that should get a seller blacklisted from being trusted to sell anything more than an unboxed cart.

If Feckless McShurcardboard'll-Begrand gives you the runaround, do everything by the book. Small claims court and all that if it comes to it. Getting every cent you paid back from the jackass matters more.

Finding their whereabounts to make sure they get tarred, feather-and-Rise-Of-The-Robots-ed can wait 'til after that.

EnterNow wrote: »

zc1s2.jpg

Every time this photo comes out, a little part of me wonders which A&R member secretly does drag and what's getting written is actual jealousy.

Don't make me name names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

o1s1n wrote: »
    I threw up a little. Worst packaging I've ever seen. And I've seen someone on here have a JAMMA board delivered in a used pizza box.

Reminds me of that Virtual Boy I bought.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Too small a scale, we have a true weapon of mass destruction at our disposal you forget...

http://i46.tinypic.com/zc1s2.jpg

a5y wrote: »
    Every time this photo comes out, a little part of me wonders which A&R member secretly does drag and what's getting written is actual jealousy.

Don't make me name names.

Don't read too much into it, it's basically a picture of Retr0 dressed up as a girl & seemingly loving it. What more reason is needed to post it? :pac:

No jealousy here, he's welcome to indulge in the cross dressing, cosplay culture.
    And that's our Retr0...

Could be worse,
    He could be a hipster like Mr Ultimate!

No jealousy here

You may have spoke too soon CiDeRmAn...

203290.jpg

:pac:

RAGE €1 bin. If anything its pretty damning evidence that Ciderman's completely right about SoR.

Also:

203291.jpg

(Don't have a 2600 (yet) but its something I wanted to grab for an upcoming project). I'm not relying on this being a working cart but it'd be a nice surprise if it is.

203292.jpg

Anyone spot what's odd with this copy of FIFA?

Ack. Bad photo. Its not too interesting anyways.

203296.jpg

NTSC Genesis copy of FIFA in a PAL MegaDrive's box. Stoopid low res cam settings...

Again this is something I'm not counting on working, and in any case I don't have a Genesis or a modded MD to test if it plays.

What the cart does have is a battery backup used for tournament data saving. So this is something I can practice soldering and desoldering on (so I've a little practice before I attempt to replace the clock battery in my DC).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Unfortunately it's not an NTSC cart. All ea games of the mega drive era had that printed on them. Obviously too lazy to localise the cart stickers for Europe!

• Advertisement

Unfortunately it's not an NTSC cart. All ea games of the mega drive era had that printed on them. Obviously too lazy to localise the cart stickers for Europe!

Really? I never realised. :confused:

Are you sure its all EA games or just the EA sports range?

a5y wrote: »

Really? I never realised. :confused:

Are you sure its all EA games or just the EA sports range?

Afaik all ea games. All ea mega drive games I have are the same

Afaik all ea games. All ea mega drive games I have are the same

Having just checked I stand corrected. LAME.

Though I always suspected of EA doing the bare minimum of changes with each FIFA release for a long, long time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just got an update on my Nintendo iQue, it hit "IRELAND P'LAOISE SDS" yesterday evening so hopefully the postman in work will have something nice for me before lunch today.

Does anyone else have one of these? Just wondering if I'm the first to nab one here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭raven999

these arrived this morning got them cheap from japan
    RSCN0670.jpg

finally figured out what Sailor Moon game I got thanks to this link
    there's Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S Jougai Rantou and Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S Kurukkurin < the puzzle one which I thought I had

• Registered Users Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think sailor moon should gets its own trend on here this month.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I think sailor moon should gets its own trend on here this month.
    I blame Retr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I received this just moments ago. Plus some 'other stuff'. :)

Twin Eagle II [Arcade, SSV System, Japan ver.]
    Aoasv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,048 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I started watching sailor moon recently. I wanted to look at something silly and braindead after a crap day and being very tired. I discovered that sailor moon is awesome and absolutely hilarious and now I'm addicted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement