Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Are you going to do the RGB mod on it? You won't be able to use that particular model of PC Engine on your TV without it as its NTSC-J RF only.

As for cleaning it, maybe mix up some Retrobrite? Or do what I did with my Dreamcast and get some liquid sugar soap from B&Q and give it a scrub. Pound shops have this Magic Eraser bars too, but be careful as they are super abrasive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

think its modded already as it is hard wired? I'll try some isopropyl first as I have a can in work, its not yellowed just dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This sexy little object is on its way to me from friend to all vector based consoles, Richard Hutchinson.

vecmulti1.jpg

vecmulti2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Doge

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Welcome to the PC Engine club!

There appears to be no 'I want candy' style video ever used for new PC Engine owners. So I propose this one:

hahahaha! Epic!

Congrats on the purchase.

Steve SI wrote: »
    This sexy little object is on its way to me from friend to all vector based consoles, Richard Hutchinson.

vecmulti1.jpg

vecmulti2.jpg

Lovely. How much did it come to Steve?

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »
    Lovely. How much did it come to Steve?

$85 US inc postage to anywhere in the world.
    It's his standard price for it.

Edit:
    By the way, this includes a micro sd card with some games on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

$85 US inc postage to anywhere in the world.
    It's his standard price for it.

Edit:
    By the way, this includes a micro sd card with some games on it.

You should find a file out there with everything on it, the vectrex homebrew collections are even better than the standard releases, Patriot is a great version of Missile Command for example.
    I reckon you are going to be a very happy man!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You should find a file out there with everything on it, the vectrex homebrew collections are even better than the standard releases, Patriot is a great version of Missile Command for example.
    I reckon you are going to be a very happy man!

I have a vectrex set of roms but its only 45 games so I must be missing a lot of the custom stuff as the multi carts have 70 games.

More research required, unless someone has a link to them(they are freeware now so no legal issues).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a vectrex set of roms but its only 45 games so I must be missing a lot of the custom stuff as the multi carts have 70 games.

More research required, unless someone has a link to them(they are freeware now so no legal issues).

Here you go... linky dink

It includes the excellent homebrew compilations Vecmania and All Good Things, the site is a great hub for up coming games as well.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Here you go... linky dink

It includes the excellent homebrew compilations Vecmania and All Good Things, the site is a great hub for up coming games as well.

Happy Days, that seems to be them all :D

Now I just need the cart.

Cheers Ciderperson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

got a Red NDS this morning, little scratch on the case but the screens are perfect, about €30 including postage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Rarely photograph my stuff but should probably start. My last month or so's haul

Selection of ps1 goodies. Bugs Bunny, Rollcage and Omega Boost are three I've always wanted due to demos I had when I was younger...!

iIc3Q.jpg?1

Finally got a wavebird! Memory card is selaed which is nice, box is a bit dented though :(

ah2yl.jpg?1

My first boxed SNES game (excluding the ones I used to throw out when I was a kid, the blasphemy)

l4vBx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Rarely photograph my stuff but should probably start. My last month or so's haul

Selection of ps1 goodies. Bugs Bunny, Rollcage and Omega Boost are three I've always wanted due to demos I had when I was younger...!

iIc3Q.jpg?1

Finally got a wavebird! Memory card is selaed which is nice, box is a bit dented though :(

ah2yl.jpg?1

My first boxed SNES game (excluding the ones I used to throw out when I was a kid, the blasphemy)

l4vBx.jpg

Boxed SNES games are crap, no one wants them or thinks their desirable. I'll take that one off your hands and save you a bit of bother.

[IMG][/img]ac36a447.jpg

Lovely cardboard box there and some game for the Saturn that I hear is worth a shot.
    Apparently the sideways boxes are even rarer than the upside down ones. Here's hoping I come across an inside out and back to front one soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Upside down games are indeed rarer due to them being Australian versions.

2 modern purchases for me. NFS Shift 2 and marvel vs capcom 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Guardian Heroes is another one in my all-time top 10, great buy

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

5pg1o0.jpg2yo6c69.jpg290x4jl.jpg14139mg.jpg

Everything is really in great nick, including the owners manual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

All I have left of our Atari is a single joystick and that "Welcome to Atari" manual. The rest of it..console, couple of games, joystick and those paddle controllers were stolen from the house a couple of years back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Sorry to hear that buddy :(

Me thinks you should go out and replace that system, U owe it to yourself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Someday, I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thanks Infideals

35854aq.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I had a few drinks last night and lost the run of myself on ebay, I bought 11 boxed NES games.. buyers remorse is kicking in big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

keithgeo wrote: »
    I had a few drinks last night and lost the run of myself on ebay, I bought 11 boxed NES games.. buyers remorse is kicking in big time.

Ouch hates that. Ebay should definitely require a sobriety test before logging in.

Ouch hates that. Ebay should definitely require a sobriety test before logging in.

And also a health check. I was out sick a couple of days last week.
    Sick Steve + Bed + iPad + Credit card = Financial disaster :rolleyes:

I know, i wouldnt mind i didnt do too bad, managed to get the 11 including delivery for about 80 euro from the UK which isnt too bad but when you dont have 80 euro its not good haha..

Looking at the list here, all boxed..

World Cup
    Monster in my Pocket
    Jurrasic Park
    Wrestlemania steel cage
    Gauntlet 2
    Crash Dummies
    Simpsons Bart Vs Space Mutants
    Wrestlemania Challenge
    Darkwing Duck
    Captain Planet
    Tom and Jerry

Darkwing Duck was a favourite of mine back when tie in games for movies and tv shows were actual good at times.

Got a few bits today. Couple of Jap saturn games and a few NES games(including the gold zelda cart).
    The guy who sold the NES games included a burned copy of "The Wizard" as a free gift????
    Kind of weird and also silly to include something illegal with legally purchased ebay goods. I mean I'm down with the copied games and movies to a certain extent but the next person might report him for it.

Will post a few pics later when at home.

• Advertisement

Thats strange, risking that going on his feedback.. interesting move.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement