Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd buy that for.... 12 euro.

I looked on ebay & WoI is up around €8/€10 alone, so surely the two if them are worth €12. I've never actually player either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

After shelving my retro interests having moved into a tiny apartment for the last few months I finally caved and bought two "trio linker plus"s. Dreamcast sticks and mame are a step in the right direction until I can build a dedicated unit. Played metal slug for my first time ever last night!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,854 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    I looked on ebay & WoI is up around €8/€10 alone, so surely the two if them are worth €12. I've never actually player either of them.

You're in for a treat, especially with WoI which is like 3 games in one. You get different levels playing as Mickey and Donald and then playing in two player co-op adds even more content.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just picked up a 4:3 17" CRT monitor for free from my Uni's computers department.

Proper sprites here I come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

It's a piece of crap but I guess it fits in my collection. I found it above one of my fixing rooms... A WYSE WY-55 dumb terminal (that is, she needs to be connected to a mainframe)
    The cursor shall indefinitely blink!

IMG_02921.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Right , freaky , picked up something in a charity shop here I'd been looking for for aaages: A decent Famiclone!
    4 quid in a charity shop beside my inlaws in maynooth.
    th_IMG_20120404_1657141.jpg
    yes , its that picture where the kids play mario with no pads plugged in
    HOW IS POSSIBLE!!?!?
    th_IMG_20120404_1656541.jpg
    th_IMG_20120404_1657351.jpg
    Its all complete in box , cable tied and with instructions.
    The usual 40 variants of NES games.Jogging Mario Bros anyone?
    Best of all theres a copy of Tengen Tetris included in the rom pack ..yay!
    th_IMG_20120404_1713521.jpg
    Theres an NES cart adaptor as well,doesnt seem to work with the PAL ones I've tried , I think they only work with NTSC games , anyone know for sure?
    Damn happy with this , its slightly better than the Texet model my mate had for years (as the pads are removable), and its in great nick.;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,854 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got Samurai Shodown on the MVS today. Won it on ebay from a fellow A&R user and feel a bit bad because for the price I got it for it was pretty much daylight robbery. 12.25 including shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Got Samurai Shodown on the MVS today. Won it on ebay from a fellow A&R user and feel a bit bad because for the price I got it for it was pretty much daylight robbery. 12.25 including shipping.

It's a bargain mate, I never played it. I only play and collect SHMUPS. :)

It's a piece of crap but I guess it fits in my collection.

Right, I'm starting an online petition and we'll all have a whip round to get the you that FM Towns II and an X68000! :pac:

Actually, on a more serious note, does anyone have any videos or text guides to taking an X68000 or FM Towns apart? Not the Marty or Car Marty, those are rubbish. I'm on about the Dale Parish full size, stout beast. With chips AND gravy! The full 'grande package'!

Toying with ideas of how to bring an FM Towns II back from Japan in July by stripping it down and distributing the weight. Hey, it's a thought right?! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You'd want to double check it's not a boot before leaving any positive feedback. :p

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You'd want to double check it's not a boot before leaving any positive feedback. :p

OI! :D

...besides, the only bootleg MVS cart I have is Prehistoric Isle 2. And that game smells of bum. I wouldn't sell it to anyone, it's only rightful place, even if it was a legit cart, is the bin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Regarding vector games in the flesh, I remember being transfixed by the glory that was a proper Battlezone machine, fantastic stuff. The tank controls with the twin sticks plus the green on black visuals, outstanding.
    Star Wars was awesome alright, as was Asteroids.
    Lot to be said for the rendering capacity of the Sinclair Spectrum when it comes to vector graphics, Star Strike 3d was a great and fast Star Wars clone.

Thinking of picking up a set of Virtual On sticks for the Saturn, are they worth it? Only one game to play with them! Or am I wrong?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up a set of Virtual On sticks for the Saturn, are they worth it? Only one game to play with them! Or am I wrong?

I bought some ages ago and the seller then tried to part my cheeks and plow my tender ass with a shipping charge that would make even Sir Bob Geldof's eyes water.

I then told the seller to 'do one' before promptly realizing the whole event was probably a total waste of time as a normal controller is grand enough for casual gaming.

A proper arcade stick on the other hand, well, that's a different bag of grapefruits altogether Adlutappleflavouredbeveragemale.

Righty I'll be on full lookout for one of these computers and put you in touch with owner instantly! Could be tomorrow, could be a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭Doge

I'd buy that for.... 12 euro.

*fixed link*

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/26268421/file.html

It's funny because that's all your game is worth now Duke!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »

Toying with ideas of how to bring an FM Towns II back from Japan in July by stripping it down and distributing the weight. Hey, it's a thought right?! :)

Hmm, yeah various circuit boards and components spread out amongst your checked baggage and carry on :D

Just ship it back. It's what I always do. By post or freight if it's a load of stuff.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Just ship it back. It's what I always do.

By SAL? It'd be Christmas by the time I got it. :(

Picked this up today :)
    As we were putting it in the trailer the mirror behind it fell out and smashed :( Need to find a replacement
    Anyway, here she is...
    IMG_0293.png

IMG_0294.png

Now if only there was power in this room...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

This arrived today, paid a bit more that I'd like to have but ah well :)

7048416729_c97f0f86ed_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Wow an upside down Amiga32cd

Much rarer then a normal cd32:D

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Wow an upside down Amiga32cd

Much rarer then a normal cd32:D

I'm kind of jealous. I've only the normal cd32 and not that fancy upside down one.
    I believe the upside down version was produced in limited numbers in China towards the end of its life cycle :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'm kind of jealous. I've only the normal cd32 and not that fancy upside down one.
    I believe the upside down version was produced in limited numbers in China towards the end of its life cycle :D

No use to you as there is zero chance of tracking down 2 upside down cd32s:D

Sorry, I had to fix it.

1333649306276.jpg

Just not the same :mad:

And after he paid all that money you go and ruin it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Will it still play Oz imports ? Needs a good cleaning now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Picked this up today :)
    As we were putting it in the trailer the mirror behind it fell out and smashed :( Need to find a replacement
    Anyway, here she is...
    IMG_0293.png

IMG_0294.png

Now if only there was power in this room...:pac:

Nice one man..me wanty.
    how much you pick up that for..and does it work?
    love to get one mame it with shooters
    like operation thunderbolt,virtual cop,Terminator.
    But would there be a way get gun recoil.working...thats half the fun

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got a Hori Compact Controller for the PS today.
    Didn't want to, but in my haste earlier in the week to get a decent controller for the Shumps I have amassed I thought I'd throw a bid on, which turned out to be the winning one....
    So, I'll soon be the owner of the controller, and soon be the seller of said controller!
    You have been warned!
    Don't blame me if you aren't first in line for this beauty!
    They seem to go for BIN of €35 or so, so that's the region I'll be aiming for, to get my fundage back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

7048918073_b5d4dea892_b.jpg

safetyboy wrote: »
    7048918073_b5d4dea892_b.jpg

Welcome to the PC Engine club!

There appears to be no 'I want candy' style video ever used for new PC Engine owners. So I propose this one:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

any idea's on cleaning the little pup, he's filthy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement