Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, my self imposed ban from eBay lasted about 3 hours, just bought an old favorite, Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose for my Snes, I loved that game at launch, still a lot of fun now and I think I am past emulation and into the calmer waters of cart collecting on the far side! It's the first Snes cart I've bought in some time, last one being a boxed copy of the excellent Super Tennis in the markets for, I think, a fiver.
    Oh, Tiny Toons only cost 3.50, not including p&p, not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

OwaynOTT wrote: »

cb2b4399.jpg

Shenmue 2 = BEST GAME EVER!!!

How much did it set you back btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My Vectrex arrived in work just now.
    I'll hook it up and test it when I get home. Hopefully we have a working vectrex and not a pricey paper weight that hums.

The vectrex is god damn beautiful. Holy crap the screen is as mint as mint can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve SI wrote: »
    The vectrex is god damn beautiful. Holy crap the screen is as mint as mint can be.

I'll give you €50 for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Shenmue 2 = BEST GAME EVER!!!

How much did it set you back btw?

Let's just say I prob could of got it cheaper on eBay if I scoured it for a few months but I'm happy with the price and sonic adventure 2 came with it. Got it off adverts from a user on here, martineatworld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Epic arn't they :cool: I can only imagine what full sized Vector cabs looked like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

EnterNow wrote: »

Epic arn't they :cool: I can only imagine what full sized Vector cabs looked like

I wonder if the Vectrex is capable of danmaku?

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I wonder if the Vectrex is capable of danmaku?

Bullet hell? [thanks wikipedia :p]

Hmm, doubtful. I don't think the system has any great number crunching ability, & it would be a tough job for a vector screen seeing as they only use one beam of light...but if they could it'd be some sight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Would this qualify?

I need to look up more about the display on the Vectrex and try to figure out what gives it such a special glow!

• Advertisement

Embedding disabled...

It's a real phosphor glow :cool:

Few quick pics.
    I'm sick as a dog so the quality isnt great. I'll do up a video in a day or so and try capture the screen quality(and hum).
    So far I'm very pleased with it. The screen has no marks on it which is what I've been looking for and the case is in great condition as well, really good in fact(i was expecting worse).

The picture seems tilted to the side a tiny tiny amount but its barely noticeable on the boot screen and not at all in games. Can this be adjusted(no big deal really)?

dsc0982g.jpg

dsc0983o.jpg

dsc0984x.jpg

dsc0985e.jpg

You can see some dots on the bottom right side in this pic, but that's just dust on my camera sensor that needs to be cleaned.
    dsc0980rs.jpg

I've only one question.

Will you leaving it in the bed and sleeping with it tonight?

Or do you only sleep with 2 partners at once? ;)

Polygamy style!

Always a happy day when a new 'trex joins the gang. Did I just say 'trex? Ugh.

Ciderman will be pleased, he started the Vectrex craze. Both in the 80's & here now again with us

waveform wrote: »
    I've only one question.

Will you leaving it in the bed and sleeping with it tonight?

Or do you only sleep with 2 partners at once? ;)

Polygamy style!

It will sleep in the guest bedroom where the pics were taken tonight. We'll see how it goes in the next few days and maybe the girlfriend will accept it into the main bed ;)

heh!

Your purchase was a steal when you consider the price of this Vectrex bag on its own!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MB-Vectrex-Console-Bag-Ultra-RARE-Unique-/230746568456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_146&hash=item35b9913708#ht_500wt_1180

waveform wrote: »
    heh!

Your purchase was a steal when you consider the price of this Vectrex bag on its own!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MB-Vectrex-Console-Bag-Ultra-RARE-Unique-/230746568456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_146&hash=item35b9913708#ht_500wt_1180

Yeah, I seen that all right. Madness

Also got this today from the same seller as the Vectrex.
    It's the spectrum version and I've been meaning to grab it for a while.

dsc0997rr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Someone should take this credit card off me! Whose idea was it to give students credit cards willy nilly.

Anyway I'v spent more money again, this time on a Compaq Portable II, seller's pic.

KGrHqRk4E8-Mf8KzdBPcdFBZ4PQ60_12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Starting to pick up a few NES games now, and my console finally gave out today, blinking light so time to get some sick new pins in that bitch!

DSCN2469.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely Vectrex haul Steve! I love how the controller folds up at the front, clever little design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Starting to pick up a few NES games now, and my console finally gave out today, blinking light so time to get some sick new pins in that bitch!

Nightshade is an incredible game, good buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah and I got them all for only a few dollars each, think nightshade was only $5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

One of these days Dale Parish, one of these days sir, we'll see an FM Towns II in your gaf.

Go on chief, get in there and nab one! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Not new by any means but was sorting through some stuff I had in my Nannys attic and came across these few items that I thought were long gone/thrown out

c2c83df7.jpg

M&Ms game also had ridge racer 4 disc inside it and GT2 has only the arcade mode disc and colin mcrae rally too.

And then I found this which I was so happy about finding again and is possibly my favourite gaming item I own!

d66e87d7.jpg

Axels crazy taxi complete with passenger! I also had another sealed one that is possibly still around somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I can only imagine what full sized Vector cabs looked like

That Game On exhibit had an Asteroids vector cab, was one of the nicest things there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep, that and the Star Wars vector arcade game were glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yep, that and the Star Wars vector arcade game were glorious.

Ah forgot about Star Wars! Was great too.

World Of Illusion & Quackshot for €12, both boxed. Seems ok at that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

World Of Illusion & Quackshot for €12, both boxed. Seems ok at that?

I'd buy that for.... 12 euro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement