Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Makaimura

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just after paying for this bad boy, arcade oktaku, kind of regretting my registration on that site :D

RDR_3710.jpg

RDR_3708.jpg

RDR_3702.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just after paying for this bad boy, arcade oktaku, kind of regretting my registration on that site :D

Lovely stuff and you'll soon get addicted to checking their Marketplace daily! :pac:

You already know I want the sticks off you Mr. Burton!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,632 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wowza. Nice one!

Where's it coming from? The UK?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

IMG_20120123_101740.jpg
    Not arcadey but special for me as this is the first (non pong) game I was ever given. Well first 4 (since its a compilation) .
    Atari smash hits vol 4 (Atari 8 bit tape)
    Chop suey/ firechief/hijac/ and the frankly rubbish kissin kousins.
    Big nostalgic rush

Must knock up a YT vid soon.:)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wowza. Nice one!

Where's it coming from? The UK?

Bloke he's buying it off is sound. Mr. Tayto got himself a bargain there. Full populated board packing Virtsticks. Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Oh, that 3DO is rather minty looking all right :D

Still better off with a NTSC FZ1 with a PAL PSU.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Bloke he's buying it off is sound. Mr. Tayto got himself a bargain there. Full populated board packing Virtsticks. Nice!

Scotland the chap is from, and yeah sound out fella, minute I gave him my email and number I had a courier email saying it was going to be collected tomorrow

My naomi one is grand but not as minty as this one. Plus I think those sticks might be down my alley. And if they are not I'm sure I can trade them :P

• Advertisement

Plus I think those sticks might be down my alley. And if they are not I'm sure I can trade them :P

fistpumpin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Makaimura

How much?

Also this just arrived in the post, been looking for it for a while now. I think it might be one of those hard to find games but it doesnt really have any profile about it, like Wily Wars or Death and Return of Superman

DSCN2441.jpg

DSCN2442.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,011 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Makaimura was about 30-35 I think. I got it from a site called Gamebaz, looks a bit dodgy and took them about a week to post it but it arrived today and it's mint in box. Worth checking them out. They have it now for 50 dollars but it was there for 32 last week, cheaper than what I paid. It seems the prices fluctuate. They had Klonoa for 32 dollars as well but looks like the price went up this week.

Nice find of Pirates of Dark Water. It is indeed really rare and one of the hardest MD games to find!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My new Neo Geo Stick arrived.
    I already have a full size AES stick and I wanted something else as a second controller.
    I have had, and sold, Neo Geo CD pads, nice and all but not arcade-like enough.
    The Neo Geo CD Controller Pro seemed like a happy compromise and cost around the €30 mark, with shipping.
    Also, re the shipping, I went for the cheaper shipping option and had it in 10 days after purchase, not too bad!
    I've waited longer for items from the UK!
    NGCDCPfront.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,011 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My mam unfortunately managed to intercept these today but managed to save them:

Wonderswan games:

189560.jpg

Makaimura arrived mint in box, was expecting it to arrive loose so that is a nice surprise! Tane wo Maku Tori is like new and in the tradition of great wonderswan boxes comes with what I can only describe and like a childrens book with the hard almost cardboard pages and is really cute. The pics here do it better justice: http://kimimisblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/tane-wo-maku-tori.html

Saturn games:

189561.jpg

Wachenroder, Soul Hackers and Devil Summoner. Yes three japanese RPGS in japanese. However in the case of Wachenroder there's a full script translation on gamefaqs which makes the game understandable. Also it's mint and includes spine card, a fantastic artbook and promo inserts. It's a late Saturn game so interesting to see there is a Dreamcast advert in the case. A tenner for one of the saturns best strategy RPGs in mint condition? I'm not complaining.

As for Soul Hackers and Devil Summoner, I've no such excuse but they were dirt cheap. Soul Hackers packaging is really nice and has an advert for a Shin Megami Tensei card game and even includes an exclusive card for the card game... I better not start collecting them. Anyway maybe when I run out of SMT games to play I can bumble through these. Either that, learn japanese or wait for the fan translation and learning japanese seems to be the one that will take the least amount of time.

Also got Jam with the Band and Miles Edgeworth Investigations but they aren't really retro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Also this just arrived in the post, been looking for it for a while now. I think it might be one of those hard to find games but it doesnt really have any profile about it, like Wily Wars or Death and Return of Superman

DSCN2441.jpg

DSCN2442.jpg

Noi-Gi-Tat!

This chap arrived this morning, box and stick in excellent condition. I've become quite fond of the Namco stick lately, it gets daily Raiden use/abuse. :pac:

ps1namco000.jpg

ps1namco001.jpg

The seller also included this NES plaque thing, not sure if it has a specific use other than looking nice. Says 2008 on the back so maybe it's from the Nintendo shop or something. Nice surprise all the same.

nesplaque.jpg

That NES plaque thing is from the NES belt buckle. Have one myself, a friend of mine got me one for christmas.

That NES plaque thing is from the NES belt buckle. Have one myself, a friend of mine got me one for christmas.

Cheers, that explains the hook and loop things on the back so!

• Advertisement

You got two Namco PS1 sticks now? Very cool!

I have just the one but it's probably my second favourite console stick (after my beloved PC Engine XE-1 Pro HE).

It's just a great all-rounder. Well built. Great stick and buttons. Works with my PS1's, PS2's and with Joy2Key it works on my laptop for Steam, PC and doujin titles via a PS>USB converter.

Superb stick. Well worthy of a solid 2nd place on my personal list of console sticks. The XE-1 Pro HE lacks the compatibility, but it's feature set destroys every other console stick in the entire history of everything. Hence it's 1st place.

If the XE-1 Pro HE didn't exist, the Namco PS1 stick would be my favouritestest. :)

Yeah have two now, a nice chap on AO was selling two boxed ones at very decent prices so I couldn't pass one up. The other is still for sale I think. That PCE stick is proper rare though isn't it? I remember you went to some trouble to locate one. My PCE doesn't get any use these days so I'll resist trying to find one of those sticks. Going to bide my time now and see if I can locate a certain PCB I'd love to own.

Yep the XE-1 Pro HE is super rare. Took me an age to actually find one. Lo and behold when I did the thing was BNIB, never opened. Struck gold, well worth the wait!

Ah I'd snap up that other PS1 stick but I'm paying for my Japan flights this month and putting in a beefy order for 'stuff' so alas I cannot purchase said stick. :(

Go get that PCB! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doesn't Howard in The Big Bang Theory have one of those??
    Of course, unlike you, he's not a doctor just an engineer...
    Oh, and he's entirely fictional, as opposed to the Retr0-meister, who is mostly legend and myth, half whispered stories of awe told over camp-fires....

I wouldn't know. I only watch good TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I wouldn't know. I only watch good TV.

Such thing exists?

Yes, there's a pretty good social commentary on at the moment that will really open your mind. It's called Tallafornia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

EnterNow wrote: »
    Such thing exists?

Oh, no you didn't.

Enternow. Pfffttt, more like Exitnow, amirite???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Oh, no you didn't.

You seriously need to lighten up

9-1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement