Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

My copy of Ghouls and Goblins for the megadrive arrived today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got Backyard Wrestling 2 on the xbox for 2 euro, XIII and Dead to rights on the cube for 2 euro each and a brand new PS1 multi-tap for 15 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Tomb Raider: Legend out of Game. Played Anniversary and loved it, excellent game. Not so gone on Legend, alot more shooting involved. It's like TR 2 in that respect. In the first TR you didn't have many human enemies, but in this one, you kill more people in the first 3 minutes of gameplay than you did in the whole of Anniversary. Still it's early days yet.

Picked up Killer7 and Zone of the Enders last week too. Had Killer7 on the Gamecube before but didn't play much of it, ZotE was the same, ended up selling it off before giving it a proper try, heard alot about it after so willing to give it another shot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Picked up a fair few Ps1 games today, will post up a list tomorrow as they're all still in work. One that caught my eye was Final Fantasy IX, is this rare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

atariman wrote: »
    Picked up a fair few Ps1 games today, will post up a list tomorrow as they're all still in work. One that caught my eye was Final Fantasy IX, is this rare?

It's not rare but it's desirable. Late release ps1 game. Lots of people didn't like VIII so didn't bother with it.

Usually sells for between 20-30 euro.

I have to get a non platnuim version of IX, yes i know i am strange but i feel that all those silver case ends on my shelf are mocking me.

Finally i got a complete copy of streets of rage, should be here in a few days

Right! Picked up the following:

All Ps1
    • Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (Platinum)
    • Fifa 2001
    • Rollcage Stage 2
    • Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
    • Theme Park World
    • Colin McRae Rally (Platinum)
    • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
    • Fifa Football 2003
    • Final Fantasy IX (Platinum)
    • Aqua GT
    • Gran Turismo 2 (Platinum)
    • Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories
    • Crash Team Racing (Platinum)
    • Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
    Plus Bottom Series 1 - 3 on dvd:)

All for €30. I have to admit, I'm collecting more than playing at the mo..

Right! Picked up the following:

All Ps1
    • Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (Platinum)
    • Fifa 2001
    • Rollcage Stage 2
    • Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
    • Theme Park World
    • Colin McRae Rally (Platinum)
    • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
    • Fifa Football 2003
    • Final Fantasy IX (Platinum)
    • Aqua GT
    • Gran Turismo 2 (Platinum)
    • Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories
    • Crash Team Racing (Platinum)
    • Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
    Plus Bottom Series 1 - 3 on dvd:)

All for €30. I have to admit, I'm collecting more than playing at the mo..

Deadly, Bottom is so funny :) Man I haven't seen that in yonks!

Not retro but I got pokémon battle revolution in Harvey Norman for €3.50. I literally snatched it off the shelf when I seen it :P Also going back to that charity shop tomorrow to see if that woman dropped in the Gameboy stuff

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Not retro but I got pokémon battle revolution in Harvey Norman for €3.50. I literally snatched it off the shelf when I seen it :P Also going back to that charity shop tomorrow to see if that woman dropped in the Gameboy stuff

'Oh sorry, you just missed out. Some guy called Oisin dropped in and bought it all yesterday. He was cackling on the way out and mumbling something about the band Van Halen. Was actually quite strange now that you mention it...'

*Camera zooms into Halen's eyes as the light reflects off the metal of the samurai sword*

"Oisin...."

Got Jaguar XJ220 for the SCD during the week, nice to have a racing game on Mega CD but it's not very exciting unfortunately. Good soundtrack though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

jonny24ie wrote: »
    It might be the Dreamcast random reset problem.

If so take a look here for easy fix:

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/sega/dc-reset.htm

The DC is noisy but not too bad.

Cheers Jonny.

I was trying to play a game earlier and kept reseting itself, over and over.

I followed the guide and now it definitely seems to have improved. I'll give it a few days before saying that it's completely fixed, but it looks good. ;)

Got all that stuff in which I mentioned in Gen. discussion :)

Master of the Universe

Got a Dreamcast arcade stick. Good price too!

Should hopefully do much better in Ikaruga now. :D

Edit - Got a VGA box too. This is going to be sweet. I have a spare 22 inch monitor. Going to hook up the DC to that, rotate the monitor and have some nice full screen shooting action!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Managed to get Capcom collection 2 on the ps2 for 4.50.(I bought the first one full price when it was released)Thankfully like all the other retro compliations I have (atari/Midway1-3/activision) It runs fine on my Ps3:))

Load of decent stuff on it including Magic Sword , Knights of the Round and my personal favorite
    Quiz and Dragons! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiz_%26_Dragons:_Capcom_Quiz_Game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

got this model speccy today,what i liked about these ones there was spring loaded keys,only problem is theres no counter on the tape deck,you cant connect an mp3 player without doing an hardware hack,have to have a special type joystick since the ports where wired differently by amstrad,lucky i do have the kempston interface card+and my heatsink model 128

ZX-Spectrum-128k%2B2a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

got two dreamcaet joypads as my others were in a bad way, got a new Vmu, got crazy taxi for the dreamcast too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Two arcade PSU's

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

I got 6 more complete Mega Drive games today -

Rocket Knight Adventures
    Streets Of Rage 1
    Castle Of Illusion
    World Of Illusion
    General Chaos
    Micro Machines 96

I got a new Dreamcast controller as well.

Im fairly jelous of the Rocket Knight Adventures, got a complete SOR myself today aswell, well thanks to my recent mod is also a copy of Bare Knuckle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

My mega drive II i got last Friday!:) Spent ages cleaning it and polishing it, looks 100 times better now compared to when I took delivery!
    [IMG][/img]megadrive2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I have a spectrum + 2 aswell however it won't work, I had a replacment power supply for it and it spiked it and burnt out some component on the mother board..pretty annoyed....

Your one looks as new!:)

Master of the Universe

Got another Gamegear on ebay from someone in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Won Robo Aleste for the mega cd today on ebay

o1s1n wrote: »
    Got another Gamegear on ebay from someone in Ireland.

Was watching that auction, serious sniping at the end!!

Same dude was selling a few games. Picked up a gamegear durin the week so managed to win off him - Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage an Batman Returns for a euro each.

mondeo wrote: »
    I have a spectrum + 2 aswell however it won't work, I had a replacment power supply for it and it spiked it and burnt out some component on the mother board..pretty annoyed....

Your one looks as new!:)

that was a pic i found on net,too lazy to upload them,you could join the world of spectrum forum so you might be able to revive the machine,although from the sound of it,it sounds like its gone to silicon heaven,could try get an 48k speccy and load games from mp3 :D

Master of the Universe

Warren3 wrote: »
    Won Robo Aleste for the mega cd today on ebay

Sweet! Gimmegimmegimme
    Was watching that auction, serious sniping at the end!!

Same dude was selling a few games. Picked up a gamegear durin the week so managed to win off him - Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage an Batman Returns for a euro each.

****! I never thought of looking to see if he had some games.

I was trying to snipe that auction and exactly when I was about to press 'submit' at the 10 second mark my girlfriend decided it would be funny to grab my hand away from the computer. Had to dive across with the left. Lucikly I made it just before it ended!

So now I have two Gamegears. Hopefully this one won't have buggered up caps.

• Advertisement

suppose could always put in million euros in the max amount your prepare to pay on ebay,although it could happen someday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement