Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pot wrote:
    I've got a Rash:D

If your not talking about something Road Rash related then GTFO! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Not exactly sure if this qualifies as retro but I bought a Nintendo Gameboy Micro last week. I got the following games with it:

Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Zelda: A Link To The Past
    Super Mario Advance
    Super Mario Advance 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I just ordered a crap pile of megadrive games.

There will be some jelous heads when i get them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

Amiga 600 *another amiga to pimp up to the last now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got Paris-Dakar rally, WRC 3 and Devil May Cry 3 on the PS2 all for €8 in Gamestop. Already have DMC 3 but this one was a non-special edition unlike the one I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Just got Bomberman for the saturn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Got a neo geo pocket color today with metal slug: first mission and king of fighters R2. Also got another game boy micro (my 4th one)

Master of the Universe

Few pics of some of the stuff Ive gotten over the last while -

Streets of Rage 3

DSC_0390-1.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

Finally, the complete trilogy (Just for Ciderman ;))

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Streetfighter 2 Championship Edition

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

Dreamcast VGA box ouputting lovely resolutions! -

DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

Super Famicom & a Magic card. And Japanese Saturn and a 4 in 1 import adapter

DSC_0408.jpg

Some Saturn shooters -

DSC_0410.jpg

Japanese Black Gcon 45 -

DSC_0409.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wow some lovely stuff there o1s. Shame about the stickers on the SOR3 cart though.

Flying over to England tonight so with any luck I'll be getting some nice things over the next few days :D

Master of the Universe

Wow some lovely stuff there o1s. Shame about the stickers on the SOR3 cart though.

Yeah, I think in this instance they're really going to have to come off. I'll put up some more pics and see what people think.
    Flying over to England tonight so with any luck I'll be getting some nice things over the next few days :D

Have fun! Games X change in Camden had a few old consoles in it the last time I was there. Although some of them were pretty expensive. There was a Neo Geo AES for about 100 pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All really nice except the western version of Streets of Rage 3. It's totally ruined. Japanese version is at least not impossible to beat and has the gay leather daddy character!

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    All really nice except the western version of Streets of Rage 3. It's totally ruined. Japanese version is at least not impossible to beat and has the gay leather daddy character!

Yeah I know..makes me sad :( Just had to have the PAL version though. The completist in me saw it as a gaping hole in my collection.

I'll pick up Bare Knuckle 3 some time in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

souky is an absolute scorcher of an shoot em up,pure classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

If you're in London, Game Focus on Goodge St. (off Tottenham court Rd/near Oxford St.) would be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

@Oisin, Your lucky to get Streets of Rage 3, I am picking up Streets of Rage 2 this week from an ex of mine. The only good reason to get in contact with her is to get the game then I'm gone like a bat out of hell :D

Installment no 3 is on my ebay hitlist

Master of the Universe

mondeo wrote: »
    @Oisin, Your lucky to get Streets of Rage 3, I am picking up Streets of Rage 2 this week from an ex of mine. The only good reason to get in contact with her is to get the game then I'm gone like a bat out of hell :D

Installment no 3 is on my ebay hitlist

Hah! That is hilarious. If I were you I'd cut my losses and just get it on ebay. It's not that expensive ;)

When it comes to Streets of Rage 3 you really need to shop around. I've been trying to pick it up for years but it has always been too expensive. And it just got more and more expensive. Got luck with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hah! That is hilarious. If I were you I'd cut my losses and just get it on ebay. It's not that expensive ;)

When it comes to Streets of Rage 3 you really need to shop around. I've been trying to pick it up for years but it has always been too expensive. And it just got more and more expensive. Got luck with that one.

Aye SR2 on ebay is competitive enough.
    I seen a few SR3 on ebay, prices are not too bad. I would pay up to 50 euro for a mint complete copy but nothing more then that..

I got an original phat PS2 today in pretty good condition. Always wanted a PS2 just never could afford one when I was younger :cool:
    Came with 9 games aswell...
    [IMG][/img]ps2.jpg

Master of the Universe

My own copy was only €30 delivered from Australia. So as I was saying, it's worth shopping around. I wouldn't go dropping 50 euro on it just yet! You can do better than that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

mondeo wrote: »
    Aye SR2 on ebay is competitive enough.
    I seen a few SR3 on ebay, prices are not too bad. I would pay up to 50 euro for a mint complete copy but nothing more then that..

I got an original phat PS2 today in pretty good condition. Always wanted a PS2 just never could afford one when I was younger :cool:
    Came with 9 games aswell...
    [IMG][/img]ps2.jpg

How much did the boxed PS2 set you back?

Absolute f*cking win today! :D:D

The local gamestation were having a big clearout of old stock so I got:

Boxed sonic & knuckles - £2.99
    2 x BNIB NES max pads - 49p each
    BNIB NES 4 player adaptor thing - 49p
    BNIB Mastersystem arcade stick - 5p (yes 5p)
    Super mario land on the SNES - 1p
    Super mario kart on the SNES - 1p
    Mario allstars on the SNES - 1p
    SF2 on the SNES - 1p
    Columns on the Game Gear - 1p
    Some football game on the Game gear - 1p
    GBA SP (NES edition) - £2.99
    Clear original GB - £2.99

Grand total: £10.56

I am rather happy :D

Also heading to a market tomorrow and to another Gamestation.

• Advertisement

SF2 on the SNES - 1p

England?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

SF2 on the SNES - 1p

I'm not coming in here anymore. MarioKart for a penny??!! ;)
    Nice one man.

Yep. Well worth getting a cheap flight over for a day and doing some shopping. I'm only in Liverpool so London would be the place to go. They have a good retro scene or so I'm told.

I was in London last year but didnt have a chance to do any retro hunting, must go over somtime!

atariman wrote: »
    I'm not coming in here anymore. MarioKart for a penny??!! ;)
    Nice one man.

Haha yep, a whole penny. Just need to get me a working SNES and a NES :P I just couldn't pass those up even though I can't play 'em atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Haha yep, a whole penny. Just need to get me a working SNES and a NES :P I just couldn't pass those up even though I can't play 'em atm.

Sure at that rate youll pick them up for 7, maybe even 8 pence. Thats incredible, it could be worth a day trip at some stage.

Ooh, 8p? A bit pricey for my liking :P

Master of the Universe

Jesus christ atavan, that's pretty damn amazing! A NES GBA SP for £2.99 is hilariously cheap.

Well done :)

That haul is better than anything I've ever seen around London.

My mother came across 7 ps2 games today in a recycling plant. Cost her 2 euro for the lot.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Jesus christ atavan, that's pretty damn amazing! A NES GBA SP for £2.99 is hilariously cheap.

Well done :)

That haul is better than anything I've ever seen around London.

My mother came across 7 ps2 games today in a recycling plant. Cost her 2 euro for the lot.

They have more of them if anyone wants me to pick one up. Some are fairly scratched though. No chargers with them aswell.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Oh I thought you'd cleared out the stock already!

If they're selling everything that cheap you should just grab as much as you can possibly bring back. Multiples and all! You'd get at least a tenner for games like Mario Kart and Super Mario world. At 1p it would be silly to leave them behind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement