Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I got a game in the post today for a console I don't own (yet). Care to guess what it is? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Interesting...

You don't own a Nes.

Megaman 2?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-h5-49-en-70-45.html

Ordered about 3 weeks ago and arrived today (along with this, for reasons that are not abundantly clear except that I'm DC's bitch). Just plugged in my PS2 controller and it works like a charm. Gotta find a game that works with the rumble function, see how that rolls out, but I'm back into the DC gaming now, I've just never been happy with the DCc controller; this will make things a lot more comfortable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Interesting...

You don't own a Nes.

Megaman 2?!

Nope. It's Tony Hawks pro skater for the....N-Gage :P Was a freebie on adverts and was always curious to know what the games and boxes looked like. I'll pick up an N-Gage at some stage. And the person was also nice enough to throw in some Pokémon cards she found! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yay! Finally completed my Streets of Rage collection. Just picked up Streets of Rage 3.

How much did that set you back, looking to finish off my SOR collection myself soon

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

How much did that set you back, looking to finish off my SOR collection myself soon

Expensive compared to your average Megadrive game, but not bad considering what some people want for it. Was 36 euro for a complete copy. Postage from Australia brought it up to a little over 40 euro.

Ebay Australia is your best bet for rarer PAL Megadrive games as the AUS dollar is pretty worthless in comparison to the Euro. Get a great transfer rate.

Got Pokémon SoulSilver today *shock!* :D

Master of the Universe

Okay not games, but they are retro..and there are some Megadrive games in the photos :D

Here we have my newly aquired Akai 4000D reel to reel and a lovely Pioneer SX-550 receiver/amp that looks like it just came off the factory production line. The thing is actually close to 40 years old.

The sound out of the two of these is absolutely amazing. Just sticking with two speakers at the moment as it's so powerful. Would love to get four going though. Probably not the best idea in an apartment block!

And don't get me started on the action on the dials. The pure quality makes me weep with joy. It's like a finely tuned videogame joystick.

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

switches this on the deck when the ladies enter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i knew someone else would have virtua fighter 2 on megadrive! *not bad game i admit lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Picked up Jurassic Park for the Snes for £4 delivered. My cousin had this when I was a kid and I loved it, not quite as much fun as I remember.

Picked up Jurassic Park for the Snes for £4 delivered. My cousin had this when I was a kid and I loved it, not quite as much fun as I remember.

I hate that feeling. :(

You get a game you used to have and thought was the best game ever, you get it again and play it and realise its shoite.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Just got a Dreamcast, 2 pads 8 games including boxed Soul Caliber and House Of the Dead 2 with offical gun for £20.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I hate that feeling. :(

You get a game you used to have and thought was the best game ever, you get it again and play it and realise its shoite.

I still spent the day playing it. :D

Got madworld today with a free soundtrack CD for €5.99 in HMV.

I'll stop posting non-retro items :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

On friday I picked up a Sega Master System II as new in box in a charity shop for 9 Euro and it's MINT! The box is mint also. Built in Sonic the Hegehog.

Also this evening in another charity shop I picked up YES another Sega Master System II in excellant condition in box but with built in Alex Kid game:D
    Cost me E-12.

I have had a tip tonight from a friend who was in a charity shop in Wicklow direction( not saying where though;))just before closing time today and theres apparently a Mint in Box Sega Saturn which I am going to collect first thing in the morning with a bucket full of games to go with it....:cool:
    Can't wait for that. Nice 7:30am start for me to get there by 8:30 for opening time.

Can't believe my luck with these 3 finds in 3 days. They say everything comes in 3's so I don't expect to find anything again for a long time after I get this Saturn.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Waterford charity shops are **** :(................or someone around here keeps getting there before me >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

What kind of charity shops are those? Any charity shops I know of have nothing on offer but a foul smell.

Master of the Universe

mondeo - Congrats! That's some haul of consoles. Nice price too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Half-Life and Project Zero for the Playstation 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Waterford charity shops are **** :(................or someone around here keeps getting there before me >_>

Trust me no one is getting there before me and you, they are just ****e as ****e can be. I've never seen any retro stuff at all in any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

mondeo - Congrats! That's some haul of consoles. Nice price too.

I got the Saturn this morning, it was worth the hassle getting up early on my day off and all and heading down to wicklow. Works great too and is as new condition. There was only 3 games included, sega rally, daytona USA & Die Hard. Not bad games...... I paid E-18 after I bargained her down from 25 which I thought was too expensive, after all it is a charity shop:rolleyes:

Charity shops are cool:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The charity shops in swords are no better, pained expressions on the assistants face as you try to describe "games console" to a 70 year old woman, someone for whom space invaders was a something on after Top of the Pops wasn't it?
    Bugger!

Still, getting Desert, Jungle and Urban Strike, boxed and instructioned all, for 24 euro off of the old ebay, had to bargain him down too but happy enough, couldn't believe I didn't have Desert Strike in the collection!

Master of the Universe

Just got these bad boys. I wish I could go back in time and give them to my 10 year old self. I can remember seeing an ad on tv and really wanting them..but of course nobody would buy them for me /weeps.

lockon.jpg

lockon2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My mate and I, being highly responsible 19 year olds at the time, used to play with two sets of these at a building site near his house, great fun had by all,
    until that is the day he and his brother were playing on his road and some muppet rang the gardai, who promptly turned up in a van full of gardai!
    They found the whole thing rather funny, that an idiot would see two blue plastic toy guns with orange tips and automatically assume that this was how the worlds gun maunfacturers were choosing to present tools of death, some market research if it were true!

Master of the Universe

Jesus!

Something similar happened to me and a friend a few years ago when airsoft was first legalized here...we went out to check up on someones airsoft stock who was planning on opening a site.

Same deal, some busy body thought they should ring the Gardaí. Several squad cars arrived, some of which contained armed detectives. They wen't through all the stuff...looking absolutely shocked.

'OMG, boy, wouldyalook at dis, it has a scope n all' (thick culchie accent)

/queue shocked 'oohs' and 'ahhhhs'

They then informed us that we could have been shot.

One female garda actually looked down the barrel of an AK 47. Just shows you the kind of mentality we were dealing with.

We were hauled down to the station. Took them ages to figure out that we hadn't actually done anything wrong as they were recently legalized.

No apology either. They just came in and shouted that we get out of the station.

Still gets me angry whenever I think about it. Although it still isn't as rediculous as blue guns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up the mega man anniversary collection for gamecube today for 7 dollars in a gamestop over here, mega man 1 through 8

Isn't that why they changed the NES zappers from grey & white to orange, because people thought they were real guns?

Master of the Universe

I think the nes zapper was just censored when it left Japan like most light guns. In the states any replica has to have an orange tip. There's no law like that here, but you know games companies and Europe. Always want to play it safe.

I don't mind it when they're multi coloured, but the grey of the Gcon is just too bland. That black Japanese one I bought a little while ago feels much more bad ass :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Sonic the Hedgehog

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement