Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Augmerson wrote: »
    Uzi submachinegun.

I would be happy.

HAHA, speaking of which, I've been looking for a case to store my airsoft MAC 11. Should fit in that perfectly...:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

My Dreamcast just arrived.

Less typing, more unwrapping. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

My Dreamcast just arrived.

Less typing, more unwrapping. :)

Noice wannnn!!!!

I got a nasty surprise.

There's no power lead, despite it being listed on the ebay ad. :mad:

Edit - I do have a power cable from the original Xbox that seems to fit in fine on the Dreamcast.

Would this one work? I don't want try it without finding out first and end up blowing it up. :D

Master of the Universe

It's just a normal figure of 8 cable thingy. You get them in everything. The only way you could do damage is if it was an import console. It's not an import console is it?!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's just a normal figure of 8 cable thingy. You get them in everything. The only way you could do damage is if it was an import console. It's not an import console is it?!

No, it's not.

That's good to know that it will work. I'm still going to go after the seller for the lead though, considering that it was listed.

Master of the Universe

If he's a decent seller he should have no problem sending that out to you.

But anyway, enjoy the Dreamcast! I'm only beginning to get into it myself too. Make sure to get Ikaruga and Under Defeat :)

/Edit - Just got Soukyugurentai for the Saturn. Was also going to get Kaitei Daisensou but have heard a lot of discs don't boot due to a bad pressing that wasn't recalled. Will have to just stick to MAME with that one.

Master of the Universe

Seems to be my lucky week.

Just won this from an Irish seller -

Untitled-7.jpg

You may notice the sticks are concave like my other one...:D

Master of the Universe

My mother just bought a ps2 in a second hand shop in Dun Laoghaire for 30 euro..including some games, controllers, buzz controllers and that.

Seems not all of them are following that no electronics rule.

She rang me up asking did I want it. Was a bit rich for my blood as I'd only get it to sell on. So it's going to my little cousins instead.

Gotta love having a mother who scours second hand shops for games and consoles..I trained her well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just won Ghouls 'n Ghosts for the Megadrive for about 6 euro. Pretty happy, will post pics when i get it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Seems to be my lucky week.

Just won this from an Irish seller -

You may notice the sticks are concave like my other one...:D

o1s1in you crazy mo fo!
    My mother just bought a ps2 in a second hand shop in Dun Laoghaire for 30 euro..including some games, controllers, buzz controllers and that.

Seems not all of them are following that no electronics rule.

She rang me up asking did I want it. Was a bit rich for my blood as I'd only get it to sell on. So it's going to my little cousins instead.

Gotta love having a mother who scours second hand shops for games and consoles..I trained her well :D

Awesome, wish mine was like that :( And I wish the charity shops in town would get something decent every once in a while.

On another note, Pokémon Gold arrived today so that's me sorted for mid-term next week :D Will also pop up pics of my collection soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Picked up the following for the Gamecube today:

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4
    The Sims
    Viewtiful Joe
    The Sims Bustin' Out
    Gameboy Player Start-up Disc

No Gameboy Player though..

But for a tenner all in, I'm happy out.:pac:

Master of the Universe

o1s1in you crazy mo fo!

If I keep this up, I might make my fortune in reselling these things :D
    Awesome, wish mine was like that :( And I wish the charity shops in town would get something decent every once in a while.

On another note, Pokémon Gold arrived today so that's me sorted for mid-term next week :D Will also pop up pics of my collection soon :)

It's a gradual thing. It went from me being a kid and not being allowed more than 1 console, to her actively seeking them out. The trick at first is to pretend that you're going to sell them on.

'oh no, don't buy it..it's just that it's worth about three times what they're selling it for'

/mothers eyes light up with euro signs.

And yes, more pics..pics pics pics!
    atariman wrote: »
    Picked up the following for the Gamecube today:

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4
    The Sims
    Viewtiful Joe
    The Sims Bustin' Out
    Gameboy Player Start-up Disc

No Gameboy Player though..

But for a tenner all in, I'm happy out.:pac:

Nice! That's a fairly random buch of stuff. Was it in a second hand shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Nice! That's a fairly random buch of stuff. Was it in a second hand shop?

Charity shop dude, where retro gaming goodness is alive and well:pac:

God bless little old ladies behind the counters who'll give stuff to you for next to nothing.:pac::pac:

And God bless those Mammies who keep giving their sons' Games away to Charity shops.:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just got myself a brand new PS one in the box unopened for €4.99 with a game. :D

Master of the Universe

Got Loaded for the ps1.

1.25! Ebay.ie really is great for cheap ps1 stuff.

These just arrived in the post today, all complete and in great condition.

12022009003.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Greendog.... no way, I only ever got to play 10 minutes of that game and loved it!!

Master of the Universe

Ooooh Maximum Carnage. That usually costs a bit. I hope you didn't pay too much?

Ooooh Maximum Carnage. That usually costs a bit. I hope you didn't pay too much?

Whole lot for about 35 including shipping so it wasnt too bad

Yeah I pulled out my old vhs promo video and saw greendog and just had to get it.

haha watching that video again whoever was playing the games was really bad, I must get a new copy of that if i can find it

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Nice, the chepaest buy it now on ebay at the moment is 25 pounds. With an added 5 pounds for postage. That and Toejam & Earl are worth more than what you paid for the whole lot.

Now, your next task is to find out which revision of the Revenge of Shinobi you got ;)

I was already playing it, didnt get far before I had to go though, i think it might be 1.1, the spiderman TM shows up and the copyright date is 1989 1991 so its not 1.00 anyway

Master of the Universe

I think 1.01 is the earliest PAL version that exists. Have never heard of a 1.00 copy turning up.

Although, who knows.....most people probably couldn't even get passed the waterfall level now to check! :D

I got a few more MD games, not exactly a surprise eh? :P

The Japanese copy of Moonwalker arrived and I got Earthworm Jim 1 and 2 today. Jimmy 1 doesn't have a booklet but I'll pick one up somewhere.

No, it's not.

That's good to know that it will work. I'm still going to go after the seller for the lead though, considering that it was listed.

Tosser never got back to me about the power lead. They did however find the time to leave 11 feedback messages to others today. :rolleyes:

It makes me wonder if there is something else up with the console. It seems to make a lot of noise and makes a few strange noises when reading discs. Although, from what I've read the Dreamcast is supposed to be quiet noisy apparently.

Also, I was playing one game and the console seemed to reset itself. I've tried it a few times sincee and that hasn't happened again. Strange.
    Maybe I touched something on the console without knowing and that set it off butI really don't think so.

Tosser never got back to me about the power lead. They did however find the time to leave 11 feedback messages to others today. :rolleyes:

It makes me wonder if there is something else up with the console. It seems to make a lot of noise and makes a few strange noises when reading discs. Although, from what I've read the Dreamcast is supposed to be quiet noisy apparently.

Also, I was playing one game and the console seemed to reset itself. I've tried it a few times sincee and that hasn't happened again. Strange.
    Maybe I touched something on the console without knowing and that set it off butI really don't think so.

It might be the Dreamcast random reset problem.

If so take a look here for easy fix:

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/sega/dc-reset.htm

The DC is noisy but not too bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I got... *miniature fanfare*

Pokémon stadium in the "new retro shop" which is now half clothes shop aswell =/ It appears to have magically fixed itself since last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I bought Gran Turismo for the PS1 for €4.

I'm really happy as it was a racing game I always wanted when I was younger. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

been in ps2 mode lately, bought a network adaptor and a dvd remote coming to 30 euro altogether, bought a usb to ide adaptor last night for ummm "backups" aswell as 2 of these

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200436442779&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

the software included is meant to be horribly bad at doing anything but it was the cheapest non chinese component cables.

also no sign of that sp charger after a month so decided to send him a mail only to see hes no longer registered, claim made with paypal so.

• Advertisement

The Dreamcast scart cable came today and I got that copy of Shadow Dancer too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement