Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Got the Sega Mega Drive Collection and Canis Canem Edit for PS2 at the weekend for 8.96 : D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

picked up a CD64 just have to give it a whirl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

o1s1n wrote: »
    My Japanese Saturn and Famicom travel case came today.

But as usual, they were delivered to my parents. So I won't be getting them till next weekend.

Ah! The wait always kills me.

/me Tots in last visited gps location :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

weeder wrote: »
    /me Tots in last visited gps location :pac:

Ah cool..so you can drop them out to my place in Dublin.

right?

/Never hears from Weeder again.

yeah give us that address while your at it:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

o1s1n, man you've been getting tonnes of stuff lately man.

And not once have you popped them up in here :P

Master of the Universe

jonny24ie wrote: »
    o1s1n, man you've been getting tonnes of stuff lately man.

And not once have you popped them up in here :P

Oh so it's photos you want? I'll wait until I get the last few deliveries and then go nuts with my camera ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh so it's photos you want? I'll wait until I get the last few deliveries and then go nuts with my camera ;)

Do, but wear clothes this time! :P

Master of the Universe

Do, but wear clothes this time! :P

Can't clothe myself in just games, no?

Radiant Silvergun over one nip, Blazing Star over the other....maybe Symphony of the Night covering the other unmentionables? Might need a nice big MVS cart for that though...:D

Okay, now I shut up!

Might need a nice big GBA cart for that though...:D
    !
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

A few more games arrived today, all complete.

The Lion King (Genesis)
    Taz - Escape from Mars

I already have the Mega Drive version of The Lion King but I couldn't turn these two down for under 6 euro including postage costs. :D

I got these as well today -

TMNT - The Hyperstone Heist
    Alisia Dragoon

Master of the Universe

A few more games arrived today, all complete.

The Lion King (Genesis)
    Taz - Escape from Mars

I already have the Mega Drive version of The Lion King but I couldn't turn these two down for under 6 euro including postage costs. :D

I got these as well today -

TMNT - The Hyperstone Heist
    Alisia Dragoon

Alisa Dragoon is one of my favourite Megadrive games. My grandparents bought it for me on release when I was about 9. At first I can remember my younger self saying -

'OMFG, IS THIS A GIRLS GAME?!'

Realized after a few minutes how great it was. The music alone is superb.

How much did TMNT - The Hyperstone Heist cost if you don't mind me asking? That's always quite expensive.

Master of the Universe

I had planned on taking an arse load of pictures when I got my most recent lot of stuff.

However, it was cut short when I realized the Saturn wasn't working straight out of the box :mad:

Heres a couple of shots I got before I freaked out, I love that black skeleton controller -

DSC_0331.jpg

Assault Suit Leynos 2 -

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

I also got as previously mentioned, a load more Saturn stuff. It's all stored away though until I get the console working.

Also have that Super Famicom travel case. Its really really lovely. Not sure what to put in it yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Alisa Dragoon is one of my favourite Megadrive games. My grandparents bought it for me on release when I was about 9. At first I can remember my younger self saying -

'OMFG, IS THIS A GIRLS GAME?!'

Realized after a few minutes how great it was. The music alone is superb.

How much did TMNT - The Hyperstone Heist cost if you don't mind me asking? That's always quite expensive.

I haven't played Alisia Dragoon before but I watched a video of it on youtube and though it looked pretty cool, so I decided to get it.

It was around 24 euro for both including postage. They were listed together.

I forgot to mention, I got my MD back from Enternow at the start of last week, fitted with 2 switches. :D

Master of the Universe

I forgot to mention, I got my MD back from Enternow at the start of last week, fitted with 2 switches. :D

Nice! Enjoy 60hz

Master of the Universe

Here's a couple of pics of the case -

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

Doesn't really do it justice though, it's so lovely in person. It's also huge. Would happily fit any console you throw at it.

Trying to think of another use for it though. Bit big for my netbook..might be an excuse to buy a really big laptop :pac:

Master of the Universe

Dreamcast & 32 inch tv & Ikaruga flipped sideways & lying on the couch = win! (I'd turn my TV sideways but I is too lazy)

DSC_0346.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Christmas lights :D

Master of the Universe

Christmas lights :D

Well, I didn't get to play Christmas Nights until now...so I had to leave them up in preparation ;)

The apartment I'm renting has lights sunk into the ceiling. The bulbs wear out a bit too fast. So I have decided to light the place using Christmas lights instead.

Never really considered it being odd or anything until now. Damn you :p

Well, it's not odd per se, just....funky, like a house from an Ikea catalogue :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

What's this? Oisin is excited about getting a dual shock controller for 9 euro including postage?

Oh wait.. the analog sticks are concave rather than convex?

The handles are longer than normal?

Yep, I got an uber rare SCPH-1180 on ebay this morning! For next to nothing..these things are so rare that nobody really knows their true value. And I have a box for one stored away too.

The analog sticks rotate like mini steering wheels to mimic the playstation flightstick. If you press the analog button twice it goes into 'flightstick mode' and turns green rather than red.

I don't know whether to stick it up on ebay along with the box or hang onto it?

Maybe put it up for some silly expensive price and see if I get some interest.

Anyway, on to the pics!-

GarageSale_1260127678_1416.jpg

GarageSale_1260127673_1411.jpg

GarageSale_1260127673_1413.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I managed to find my concave analog controller in my attic a couple of weeks ago, I know the box is up there somewhere too but haven't come across it. How much are they meant to go for (with the box that is)?

Master of the Universe

ghostchant wrote: »
    I managed to find my concave analog controller in my attic a couple of weeks ago, I know the box is up there somewhere too but haven't come across it. How much are they meant to go for (with the box that is)?

That's the thing, nobody really knows. I've searched the internet for an answer and there just isn't one.

All I ever find is talk of this super rare controller, how they rarely if ever come up for sale..how they're much nicer to hold than a normal dual shock, everyone wants one etc...but I have yet to come across one that is being sold for what it is. The only ones I've seen have been mistaken for dual shock therefore they sell for nothing.

And that's just the controller. I've never seen a box for one other than the one I happened to get in a Playstation job lot a while back. So it really would be worth your while trying to find it in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What's this? Oisin is excited about getting a dual shock controller for 9 euro including postage?

Oh wait.. the analog sticks are concave rather than convex?

The handles are longer than normal?

Yep, I got an uber rare SCPH-1180 on ebay this morning! For next to nothing..these things are so rare that nobody really knows their true value. And I have a box for one stored away too.
    You sonuvabitch:mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just had a bit of an ebay session and got some megadrive games

got

Maximum Carnage
    Greendog
    Toejam and Earl 2
    and Ghouls and Ghosts

all for about 30 including postage so not too bad

Woo! Got a PM to say Pokémon Gold is en route :D

Here's a couple of pics of the case -

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

Doesn't really do it justice though, it's so lovely in person. It's also huge. Would happily fit any console you throw at it.

Trying to think of another use for it though. Bit big for my netbook..might be an excuse to buy a really big laptop :pac:

The more I look at that case the more I wish it was mine lunchbox.

I love that particular controller o1s1n, havent got one but had a loan of one off of a cousin for some time, lovely yokes, wouldnt be afraid to try and retrofit it with dualshock 2 or 3 internals for push sensitivity.

Master of the Universe

Augmerson wrote: »
    The more I look at that case the more I wish it was mine lunchbox.

You'd want to have one massive lunch to put in that. It's more like a dinner box. For five people.
    weeder wrote: »
    I love that particular controller o1s1n, havent got one but had a loan of one off of a cousin for some time, lovely yokes, wouldnt be afraid to try and retrofit it with dualshock 2 or 3 internals for push sensitivity.

That's not a bad idea. The Japanese version did have a vibration function, but it was removed for the Western release.

• Advertisement

You'd want to have one massive lunch to put in that. It's more like a dinner box. For five people.

If I could fit the following:

Litre of Milk.
    Orange Juice.
    Apple.
    Grapes.
    Pasta.
    Cinnamon or Maple & Pecan Pastry
    Uzi submachinegun.

I would be happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement