Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

weeder wrote: »
    WANT.......... im a bit of an mgs freak.

I adored MGS 1. Played through it muliple times. Then was so let down by MGS 2 I never played another one after. Have meant to go through MGS 3 as I've heard great things but just havent gotten around to it.

Ahhh, Special Missions is the EU title of VR missions. I thought it was some extra release to VR Missions. I wonder why they changed the title?

Interesting -
    When loading Special Missions, the player is prompted to replace the game disk with either of the disks from Metal Gear Solid. If the disk is correctly identified, the player can insert the Special Missions disk and the game will then load as normal. This requirement was absent from the American VR Missions and Japanese VR Disc.[57] Special Missions cannot be played on pre-SCPH-70000 PlayStation 2 consoles, as it will not recognize either Metal Gear Solid disk, but the game is compatible with other consoles.

Master of the Universe

Oooh check this out!

I was having a look for some reasonably priced Saturn games in Japan.

Came across this. A set of 30 games, disc only -

P1050163.jpg

I spent a while trying to figure out what the games were..but at the price I thought I might as well just get it before someone else did.

Here's the ones they mention in the auction -

Lot Of 30 Sega Satrn Games Layer Section 2,Toshinden S, Grandia, Chrixtmas Nights, Nights, Cotton 2, Bomberman Wars, Falcom Classics, Layer Section, Snatcher, Magical Drop 3, Virtua Fighter, etc

36 euro including postage. Just over a euro a disc. Not bad!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sweet fond o1s! I'm spotting Christmas Nights in there. And Daytona USA, a game which I loved in the arcade. You'll have fun going through them when you get them :)

Master of the Universe

Sweet fond o1s! I'm spotting Christmas Nights in there. And Daytona USA, a game which I loved in the arcade. You'll have fun going through them when you get them :)

Keep hearing great things about Daytona USA. Quite looking forward to that one.

There's also Grandia and Snatcher. Two text heavy games games I really want to play - but they'll both obviously be in Japanese.

Interesting. Might look into getting a translation to play along with. I've never done that before. Sounds like something you should experience at least once!

And then there's both the Layer Section shooters..

So that's 14 of the games identified. WTF are the other 16?! I know what The Radiant Silvergun disc looks like..so no joy there (Although the seller would want to be a moron to include that)

Anyone know what the Guardian Force, Kaitei Daisensou, Soukyugerentai and Thunderforce V Japanese discs look like? (Again, would be morons to include..but you never know!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Guardian Force is not there. The disc is red and it clearly says GF on it. Neither is Kaitei Daisensou, the disc is blue with red on it. Can't find what the Soukyugurentai disc looks like and Thunderforce V doesn't appear to the there either :(

Oh well, who knows what else could be there :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Well that was some good detective work!

I got all excited and though the second disc down on the left edge was Soukyugurentai.

2762857819_0ce47a4c7a.jpg

On closer inspection...no, I don't think it is. Gr. Looks like I'll just have to buy that one separately.

Ah well! Whatever's there, it at least gives me more to play when the console finally arrives. All I have at the moment is Virtual on and Assault Suit Leynos 2.

Master of the Universe

Just bought 30 more floppy disks for Snes games. Already managed to get through 20 today.

There's something kind of nice about them that I'd completely forgotten about. Shame they're only bloody 1.44mb! It's actually laughable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Bought this on Friday for the Ps1 for €13.85.
    !BjmP9QQCGk~$(KGrHqQOKj!EsnKty84zBLUN)cGNt!~~_12.JPG
    I had to buy something else cause PaRapper the Rapper was doing my head in.It just confirmed that I really don't have the patience's for music based games like that,bust a groove,guitar hero etc

Master of the Universe

Nice to see someone from here got that. It was from the same guy I bought MGS Special Missions. Was going to bid on that too but decided to leave it alone.

Speaking of which, MGS special missions came today. It's out in the parents house though. ahh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well after a recent "controversial" adverts.ie deal im plus 64 megadrive games, bought them for about 5 euro each but when i saw some of the complete games in mint condition I had to get my hands on them, heres the list:

Aladdin

Altered Beast

Bart Vs Space Mutants

Batman

Batman and Robin

Batman Returns

Budokan

Captain America and the Avengers

CastleVania

Comix Zone

Desert Strike

Dragon: Bruce Lee Story

Dungeons and Dragons

Earthworm Jim

Earthworm Jim 2

Eternal Champions

Fifa 95

Gain Ground

General Chaos

Golden Axe

Haunting

Home Alone

James Pond 2

Jordan Vs Bird

Jungle Strike

Jurassic Park

Justice League Heroes

Lemmings

Micro Machines

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Mortal Kombat 3

Muhammed Ali Heavy weight Boxing

Mystic Defender

NBA Jam

PaperBoy

PitFall

Quackshot

Rambo 3

Ranger X

Road Rash 2

Robocop Vs Terminator

Rock ‘N’ Roll Racing

Sonic 2

Sonic and Knuckles Converter

SplatterHouse 2

Street Fighter 2

Sunse Riders

Super Monaco GP

Super Skidmarks

Super Wrestle Mania

Superthunder blade

TazMania

The Duel: Test Drive

The Lion King

The Lost Vikings

The story Of Thor

Toy Story

Urban Strike

Virtual Bart

World of Illusion

Zombies

But these 2 i was really happy with

DSCN1896.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

:eek: wow!! they look brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

o1s1n wrote: »
    O
    superfamicomcase.jpg

Sorry to did up oldish posts,but that is awesome!Excellent find man.

They basically are, great condition, couldnt believe it: for a fiver each

Master of the Universe

blag wrote: »
    Sorry to did up oldish posts,but that is awesome!Excellent find man.

Ah it's not too oldish, sure I still don't have it yet! Damn postage from Japan takes ages.

Really cant wait to get it though. Might use it as a case for my netbook..if it fits!
    They basically are, great condition, couldnt believe it: for a fiver each

There are some games in there that are worth a lot more than a fiver. You'll have to put up some pics.

Oh and if you have trouble with storage, I don't know if you saw me mention it earlier, but Tesco crates are perfect for storing Megadrive games vertically! And free (They let you keep them)

Here's what I did with mine. I'll get a nice big bookcase eventually :pac: but yeah, these things are super strong and protect your games great. Plus they're dead easy to move around too.

DSC_0297.jpg

Haha never thought about that, I'm working in a abattoir and we have loads of them, Im sure they wouldnt miss a few of them

Well heres all my megadrive stuff that im keeping, Want to finish off this collection before i get going on some others,

shaping up well so far, but i want to get every game on my list complete

DSCN1915.jpg

Nice, very very nice ;)

Bought this about an hour ago,I was kind of surprised I was the only bidder.Got it for €30 + €20 P+P.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270519220987&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

!BkH2jTg!mk~$(KGrHqYH-CQEsMKuO7JLBLWNIEnFpw~~_12.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Got Timesplitters for the PS2 there today for a fiver :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

The copy of Comix Zone I bought arrived yesterday.

It's in nice condition but the top of the label on the cart is kind of loose, not stuck on properly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Bought this about an hour ago,I was kind of surprised I was the only bidder.Got it for €30 + €20 P+P.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270519220987&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

!BkH2jTg!mk~$(KGrHqYH-CQEsMKuO7JLBLWNIEnFpw~~_12.JPG

Thats a nice find. I owned one and found it to be pretty well put together....then I gutted it for parts..muwha...muwhahaha.

• Advertisement

Got me a Gameboy printer :) See my post in Gen. Discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Got a copy of the The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition on gamecube last week, currently playing through majoras mask for the first time. :D

OH look what came today

DSCN1917.jpg

50 euro for the both of them, plus 3 megadrive games isnt too bad, some small scratchs on the CD but nothing major

Now i just need to hunt down some games, any suggestions?

Sonic CD, Snatcher, and Night Trap :p are on the list so far

Great buy.I have a mega cd,the side version,but I alway prefered the first model,looks way cooler.

yeah i think so too, I'd like to get the side version too down the line though, really top everything off!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Got a few more Mega Drive games today.

Sonic & Knuckles
    Sonic 3D
    Sonic Compilation

Master of the Universe

Got a few more Mega Drive games today.

Sonic & Knuckles
    Sonic 3D
    Sonic Compilation

Sounds like you have Megadrive game buying addiction. :D Welcome to the club.

Gotta catch em all!

OH look what came today

DSCN1917.jpg

50 euro for the both of them, plus 3 megadrive games isnt too bad, some small scratchs on the CD but nothing major

Oh my.....

/runs off to nearest bush.

I am exceptionally fond of the MCD model 1's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

OH look what came today

I would recommend Road Avenger as the best FMV game on the SCD, Sol-Feace for it's soundtrack alone, Earthworm Jim and Silpheed too.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Just be very careful with that disc tray. It's the one thing that can really crap out on you easily.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement