Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm such a freak. I just went -

'There's a Sin and Punishment 2?!!?! I must buy that!'

Then realized not only do I own it, I've played it lots and think it's one of the best games on the Wii.

Seems I've been neglecting that one!

Oh, and yes, make sure to buy that game as soon as you can. It's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

o1s1n wrote: »
    Every PS2 should mandatorily come with a copy of Gradius V. It's just that good.

Can't find a super cheap copy. Though of course I'll buy it one day. So far I have Gunbird and R-Type:Final for PS2 and I don't even have a PS2!

Back to the Dreamcast titles I go. :)

Master of the Universe

The going rate was about €25 when I got my one last year. You should be able to get it for that no bother :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah pretty sure I picked it up for around 20 last year. They had a copy in CeX in town, but probably well gone at this point.

Master of the Universe

My Dreamcast SD card adapter thingy arrived in the post. Will see if I can get it up and running some games tonight.

It's fairly thrown together. There's still dust and bits inside the cap where someone was sawing the plastic.

Still, if it works at all I'll be happy!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

So far so good. Have the Dreamcast booting Dreamshell and reading the SD card. Made the mistake of putting the images on in .CDI though. Apparantly you have to convert them to .ISO. Just converted Mr. Driller. (nice and small, good for testing!)

Will report back in a few! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

My drunken ebay purchase from Sunday night arrived today :pac:,could have been a lot worse i suppose.Can't for the life of me remember why I wanted it ,as I already have a boxed white one. Curse you Guinness :D

DSCF2334.jpg?t=1305748736

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So far so good. Have the Dreamcast booting Dreamshell and reading the SD card. Made the mistake of putting the images on in .CDI though. Apparantly you have to convert them to .ISO. Just converted Mr. Driller. (nice and small, good for testing!)

Will report back in a few! :)

See if you can get a full .gdi file to run?

Master of the Universe

You have to convert the Dreamcast .CDI image to .ISO.

You then have to mount the ISO, extract it's contents into a folder with this .bat. You then run that and it creates a new image that'll run in Dreamshell.

I tried Mr. Driller and got a bit further than last time but no game. (It's possible it's one of the games that's not working)

I have a list of ones that do work, so I'll give one of them a go now.

Master of the Universe

Exellent, it works! Got Namco Museum working. It's a good one for messing about with as the game only comes to about 5mb.

Now, on to Mars Matrix. Have all my fingers crossed for this one as I could never get the image to burn properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Another double Adverts deal.

First deal - € 15 wielded:

Resident Evil 3
    Wild 9
    Tony Hawks Skateboarding
    Driver

All boxed with manuals.

Second deal was meant to be (for €12):

Worms
    Everybody's Golf
    Tomb Raider
    Tony Hawks 2
    Tony Hawks 3

But the seller gave me the rest of his games at no extra price, so I got:

2 x Driver
    Gran Turismo
    Micro Maniacs
    Thrasher: Skate & Destroy
    MTV Pure Ride
    007: Tomorrow Never dies
    F1 Championship: Season 2000
    2 x Driver 2
    Ridge Racer 4 w/ Ridge Racer Demo
    Croc: Legend of the Gobbo
    No Fear: Downhill Mountain Biking
    Dino Crisis
    Tomb Raider III
    Tony Hawks 4
    Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
    Tony Hawks Skateboarding
    This Is Football 2
    Formula One '99
    Miracle Space Race
    Le Mans 24 Hours

All games are in different states - some are disc only, some with good cases and manual, some with no cover slip or front cover... But for €12 it feels like a jackpot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Exellent, it works! Got Namco Museum working. It's a good one for messing about with as the game only comes to about 5mb.

Now, on to Mars Matrix. Have all my fingers crossed for this one as I could never get the image to burn properly.

Worked fine for me as far as I remember, I couldn't get the second disc of Grandia 2 to work though... after spending ages getting the first one sorted. Doh.

If you don't get MM to work on this new fangled thingummy you're welcome to that *totally legitimate* copy of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

My Green Goblin arrived today!

Gems on the way include:

Gunbird (PS2)
    R-Type: Final (PS2)
    A 5v DC power supply for my scaler
    PSX and PS2 err.... handy chips for Docentore to play with. :D
    A PS2 for 25 European milk tokens

and HOPEFULLY a copy of Gigawing 2 (NTSC-J) if I'm extra well behaved!

Next task? Scouring for parts to harrass KO Kiki with. :D

Scouring a couple of Dual Shock PSX controllers if anyone has/knows of any going super cheap?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I provisionally bought a brand new sealed jap copy of pokemon channel on the gamecube! I seriously need to stop buying things, I've got a debs and holiday spending money to pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

...I've got a debs...to pay for.

Ah to be young again! When all you had to worry about was paying for your debs and remembering not to puke on your rental tux :P

In the process of ordering yet another custom gameboy. This one is a grey DMG with a biverted yellow backlight, pro-sound mod and play-it-loud screen and buttons. Biversion really ups the contrast of the screen so it should be good for general gaming as well as LSDJ, Nanoloop and other music-related stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've got a debs..... to pay for.

A debs, so who you bringing? Your ma or your cousin who smells of soup? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Schorpio

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A debs, so who you bringing? Your ma or your cousin who smells of soup? ;)

No! He's clearly bringing his Megadrive. I mean, why wouldn't he?! It looks good, doesn't interfere and it's a lot of fun when you turn it on....the perfect debs date!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think I'll take her:

She seems like my type of gal!

Master of the Universe

Schorpio wrote: »
    No! He's clearly bringing his Megadrive. I mean, why wouldn't he?! It looks good, doesn't interfere and it's a lot of fun when you turn it on....the perfect debs date!

Until it gets drunk. Then it blast(processes) everything with piss :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Its true what they say about R.A.G.E. wandered past on an entirely unrelated manner, 60 seconds later I had a copy of Mario Sunshine for a tenner, its the only Mario Console game I've never played so I thought what the hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Gonna head into The RAGE on Monday or Tuesday and see whats left.
    Hopefully the have a few bits of interest.
    I won some Swarovski vouchers in work, wonder can I trade them for retro things:D

I've stuck them on adverts so hopefully I can get an old beat up console instead of some shiny crystally thingys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Super Mario Sunshine is vastly underrated by gamers, it may, perhaps, be the weakest of the 3D Mario games but it is head and shoulders above anything appearing on the PS2 and Xbox at the time.
    I started it up again recently and was pleasantly surprised.
    Now the setting still grates a bit, the pursuit of the shadow Mario is a drag at times but other than that its a blast.
    The water and mud effects are very nice indeedy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mario Sunshine is massively enjoyable. I loved it. It had it's flaws, some of the shines were a bit too hard and the blue coins were a stupid idea and since there's no way to keep track of them you need a faq to find them all. It gets unfairly criticised due to being not up to the same standards as the rest of the mario series. It's far better than ratchet and clank, Jak and Daxter or any other pretenders to the crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Went to Rage earlier got me some Gameboy games.
    Terminator 2 by LJN:eek: (has to be garbage)
    Gargoyles Quest
    Waverace
    Missile command

Ah ****e didn't know gargoyles quest was there!

Terminator 2 on GB is indeed one of the worst games ever made. AVGN covered it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Did any recent RAGE visitors notice if a)Shenmue 2 Xbox was still there and b) how much it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ah ****e didn't know gargoyles quest was there!.

It was €4:D

The guy says he isn't selling Shenmue 2 until he beats it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Relikk

As far as I'm aware a Mega Drive 2 PSU differs from a Mega Drive 1 with regard to the connection on the console end (I think it's smaller), and your Mega Drive sounds like it's an Asian PAL model and not a Japanese model and will display at 50hz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Here's my latest acquisitions this past two weeks:

NewPSOne.jpg

SNES game is Turtles in Time
    Gameboy game is DuckTales
    and
    GBA game is Crash Nitro Racing

I loved the Syphon Filter series when they originally came out so I'll enjoy replaying them. I never owned any of the games, just rented/ borrowed them before.
    Deathtrap Dungeon I remember to have been pretty hard, not just in terms of AI but also figgity controls... should be fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement