Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Just back from The Rage, goe me some Gameboy games.
    1> Super RC Pro AM:D
    2> PitFighter
    3> Kirbys Pinball Land
    4> Gameboy Gallery
    5> Some Japanese wrestling game
    6> Ultimate Fighting Championship (GBC) probably the most garbage of the lot but it was only €2.99 so I can live with that:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You got "Some Japanese Wrestling Game"?
    I hear thats great, but not as good as "Some Japanese Wrestling Game 2" and certainly not as sublime as "Some Japanese Wrestling Game Gaiden", the one with the naked blokes in it.... hold on, wait a minute.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Found the PS1 slim in the attic today,soon after went online to buy Metal Gear Solid 1. a week till it gets here and already I cant wait!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice find there, MGS is a beauty and you'll have lots of fun with it.
    Trawl the Sunday markets for PS games at feck all prices too, charity shops are a good source for some also.
    The RAGE may have some in stock as well, check out the Facebook page for details of stock and enquiries.

We had it years ago but the discs haven't survived over the years :(

I would be happy if this is the only game I will buy for the PS1 this time around! :)

• Advertisement

Oh no, don't stop there!
    I have tons of must have PS games, Kula World, MicroMachines V3, Rollcage 2, Wipeout 2097, Doom, Return Fire, Need For Speed: Road Challenge, Gran Turismo 2, Ace Combat 3, Destruction Derby 2, Klonoa and the still good fun Grand Theft Auto.
    Look if you're looking for lists this is where you'll find them but think back to the games you had a ball with in the day and you'll probably knock some crack out of them now.
    Don't forget Castlevania Symphony of the Night, if you can find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Got 2 backlit & pro-sound DMG Gameboys in the post today, both play-it-loud models, blue and red (both with blue backlights). The red one is a late christmas present for my brother, the guy threw in a couple of games and some other bits and pieces to make up for it! Will throw a couple of pics up today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I'm still lumped with that lot,
    • Gamegear and instructions manual,
    • TV tuner and instructions manual
    • Nuby converter (SMS carts adapter)
    • DC wall adapter
    • Columns in plastic protector case with instructions manual,
    • Leaderboard, boxed, in plastic protector case with instructions manual
    • Logic 3 padded case

Everything in very good to near-new condition (TV tuner and Nuby are like 'just out of the box', the GG itself is really clean and doesn't look like it's ever had batteries in either compartment :eek: sound is good, screen is good, sound and brightness wheels are fine and working)

Now, I didn't get any taker on fleaBay at a £15 start (for the lot, with no reserve, ending on a Sunday evening, and I'm 400+/100% positive feedback over 10+ years, a fair amount recently)...which I'm finding hard to believe :pac:

Am I that out of touch with the retro-market? :confused:
    What realistic value am I looking at for sorting a swap, oh-ye-respected-fountains-of-retro-knowledge?

I think you'll find plenty here that'd take it off your hands.
    Make an ad in Adverts and stick a link in the gaming bargains thread, maybe...

As for a swap, have a look in the trade forum, might be someone there who would deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well, got the tracking code for the Panasonic Q I drunk bought the other night.

To late for refunds now me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

ambro25 wrote: »
    I'm still lumped with that lot,
    • Gamegear and instructions manual,
    • TV tuner and instructions manual
    • Nuby converter (SMS carts adapter)
    • DC wall adapter
    • Columns in plastic protector case with instructions manual,
    • Leaderboard, boxed, in plastic protector case with instructions manual
    • Logic 3 padded case

Everything in very good to near-new condition (TV tuner and Nuby are like 'just out of the box', the GG itself is really clean and doesn't look like it's ever had batteries in either compartment :eek: sound is good, screen is good, sound and brightness wheels are fine and working)

Now, I didn't get any taker on fleaBay at a £15 start (for the lot, with no reserve, ending on a Sunday evening, and I'm 400+/100% positive feedback over 10+ years, a fair amount recently)...which I'm finding hard to believe :pac:

Am I that out of touch with the retro-market? :confused:
    What realistic value am I looking at for sorting a swap, oh-ye-respected-fountains-of-retro-knowledge?

Good lord! :eek: How did I not spot that? And yes, I was looking. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Picked up Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon the other day for the N64. I got it in a retro gaming shop in Amsterdam near centraal station. Has anybody else been there before? I've been in a few times recently and they always seem to have great (and rare) stock, but I find them quite expensive. Great for a browse though ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh no, don't stop there!
    I have tons of must have PS games, Kula World, MicroMachines V3, Rollcage 2, Wipeout 2097, Doom, Return Fire, Need For Speed: Road Challenge, Gran Turismo 2, Ace Combat 3, Destruction Derby 2, Klonoa and the still good fun Grand Theft Auto.
    Look if you're looking for lists this is where you'll find them but think back to the games you had a ball with in the day and you'll probably knock some crack out of them now.
    Don't forget Castlevania Symphony of the Night, if you can find it!

Destruction Derby,GTA and Micromachines! Forgot about all them :o The PS1 and Sega mega drive blend into one for me!

I can see a good bit of money leaving my way over the next year and being invested in the PS1!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I think you'll find plenty here that'd take it off your hands.
    Make an ad in Adverts and stick a link in the gaming bargains thread, maybe...

As for a swap, have a look in the trade forum, might be someone there who would deal.
    No doubt...but I'm in the uk :pac: (o1s1n knows me tho').

I might try and sort a 'remote' trade after Easter, as I'm off shortly. Here' some pics in the meantime, from my ex auction. Relikk, you might not have picked up the auction as I had it as uk only. That'll teach me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Hey Guy's Just Wanted say its good to be back for good, and wanted to show you my lovley new Megadrive game

dsc00070fr.jpg

Bought a game today, one word...

DeathSmiles!

its bonkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

DeathSmiles!

its bonkers!

Well is it one word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

DeathSmiles!

its bonkers!

Loving your work! Now go boot it up again and play DeathSmiles: Mega Black Label on level 999.

Have fun! :D

Ouch, my fingers hurt, by eyes hurt and are upset at the lack of service by the eyelids during play.

Forget the 3DS causing strain, just trying to see wtf is going on here, bloody hell!

Tried playing Majoras Mask last night, can't figure what in Miyamotos going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

So here's a few of the gameboys I have knocking around, the only new ones recently in the pics are the red and blue backlit & pro-sound DMGs. Also showing the see-through/purple GB Pocket with biverted pink backlight and pro-sound mod.

gameboys.jpg

gameboys3.jpg

gameboys2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Picked up Banjo Tooie in rage for 20 squids.

I cannot stress how mint the box is. It's better than most N64 games I bought new!

They've also got a few N64 games in similar condition, some still with the original seal except they were opened at the side, I'd to do a double take as I thought they were sealed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

yeh i was in there earlier and got a megacd2 and mario64 boxed. they have a mario64 that looks unopened, the seal is a bit loose on the side. I wanted to play it though so i picked up the opened one instead for a fiver less.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tried playing Majoras Mask last night, can't figure what in Miyamotos going on!

Lol, it really takes a while to click, it didn't with me until I got to the first dungeon which takes a few hours, but once it does you'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

A women mentioned in conversation at work she was throwing out her sons games and told me I could have them for free if i wanted them

She game me 30 games including Mario 3 for the nes - resident Evil zero for the gamecube - State of emergency and Kingdom hearts 2 for the ps2 and a mint boxed Game Genie for the gameboy

On the down side she said she actually already thrown in the bin a dreamcast and a gamecube console!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least these have gone to a good home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Picked up a boxed Snes today, the Super Mario Allstars version, with half the shrinkwrap still on the box, in immaculate condition! Happy out for €15 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Portal 2.

<3 Valve. Plus <3 Gamestop (for a change) for breaking street date for just about long enough me to swoop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Picked up Banjo Tooie in rage for 20 squids.

I bought mine for 15euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I bought mine for 15euro..
    In Rage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

In Rage?

Yeah boxed and all. This was back in January if it makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Bought this on staurday...

dreamcast.th.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement