Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Just bought a boxed N64 and Boxed Saturn off EnterNow. Both are in perfect nick.Thanks for the deal and thanks for repairing the GG works great.
    Your the man.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nice to hear Raiden Fighters is on the way

RFA is getting to Duke Nukem Forever levels of ridiculousness in terms of pushed back releases at this stage...hopefully it'll make its way here eventually:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

That guy never showed up when I went to buy them off him back in maybe November! The dastard!
    pdbhp wrote: »
    Didn't bother going now because he was trying to get me to meet him in some ridiculous place which was not the place we had agreed on
    pdbhp wrote: »
    Damn, I'm trying to meet him this evening, I hope he's not a spoofer cos I really want those games to add to the pile

Have come across some dodgy punters on Adverts, I now don't bother with anyone who comes across as being either a timewaster or in the slightest bit sus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Have come across some dodgy punters on Adverts, I now don't bother with anyone who comes across as being either a timewaster or in the slightest bit sus.

I always have a quick look at the persons rating on adverts to see what others are saying. You can usually spot the dodgy ones if they have a load of bad reviews.

Steve SI wrote: »
    I always have a quick look at the persons rating on adverts to see what others are saying. You can usually spot the dodgy ones if they have a load of bad reviews.

Just anyone who is too slow getting back to me or won't meet me half way in either a fair price or arranging a collection is enough for me not to bother, I shouldn't have to chase someone to give them my money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Well supposedly meeting him tonight, I just hope he's not lying as I really want those games, if he is lying at least it's more cash towards a 3DS so it's not all bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭ondafly

was in a meeting in town today - so I got to pop into Rage and yet again spent money :D I'll stick up a pic later of my latest bit of retro loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Does anyone on here know of anyone in the Dublin area who can change the batteries in GB/GBC/GBA carts at all? Kinda worried about getting these, now old, games and the battery giving up half way through a game.
    I have read up on it and there is only a tiny bit of soldering but I just can not do this mayself as I know I would mess it up lol.

Anyone know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's really easy to do just look on mmmonkey.com

if you want someone that can do it for you give Enternow here a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Ondafly is right, this thread needs more pictures;

NewStuff.jpg

Picked up these over the last 2 weeks and probably posted about them previously.
    A closer look:

Medieval2StarOceanMetroidZeldaPokemonGold.jpg

That Star Ocean for PS1 is strange as the discs are in perfect condition, not a scratch on them (both discs included in set), I think it's bizarre for them to be found like that with no box at all (came from a charity shop).

Finally this deserves its own picture;

PokemonGoldFullSet.jpg
    I previously owned Pokemon Gold for the Gameboy but lent it to a Cousin. Thankfully I kept the box and now have a complete set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's really easy to do just look on mmmonkey.com

if you want someone that can do it for you give Enternow here a shout.

Cool thanks retr0! I will keep that in mind when I receive my games in the post next week, see what state they are in.

Also, must upload a pic of my gba sp zelda edition i got a few days ago. Pretty happy with it!

@ondafly: did you happen to notice if RAGE had many gameboy games in today? Was not to much on tuesday when I was last in.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy crap, I just did one of those total impulse buys that leaves you dizzy. Just saw it and lept. Yes, that is a harddrive you see sticking out from the side. I've been after one of these for ages..when I saw the harddrive it was just a no brainer. I'll worry about the money later!

ps2test.jpg

Edit - just for my own reference later, it's a DTL-H30102. They came with the harddrive and network adapter as standard. Apparantly the DTL-H3010x series are the best TEST units to pick up. Wehey :)

Now, just have to figure out how to use the damn HDD!

here we go

photo-2.jpg

no more visits to Rage this month me thinks !

o1s1n wrote: »

nice find - I have the HDD in my PS2 also. I had software on a bootdisk, that allowed me to install games to the HDD. Can't for the life remember what it was called though sorry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »

Talk to Kerbdog, he owns the TEST PS2 I've got in my collection, he'll have all the info you'll need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Retron 3 from stoneage gamer,theres plenty of vids and reviews online if you need more detail,i give small review on what i observed.

i don't know what made me get red version but its nice anyway,the unit itself is about size of psone.

For those not aware,this plays snes/md/nes games.

snes/md/nes controllers can be plugged in the side,i had weird experience of one nes controller not working but worked fine on real nes,im not sure if its a compatibility issue or just my console,lucky i had another nes controller that worked fine.

I was able to play platoon nes game on this despite it not working on real nes with its region hack done*i did read somewhere a small amount of nes games wouldn't work still with hack.

The controllers are wireless but you need to sit where the front can pick up the signal.

Given that this is a ntsc console,games are sped up/no borders and some are locked out so they wont boot.

Cart slots are nice and wide so you can pop in the bulky jap md games.

Nes games boot on first load so no need to take them out and dust down contacts like the genuine nes,but the cart port is stiff.

I read that some FX snes games would not work,so i tried starfox,which loaded but had big glitch on screen,this could being region issue.

Given that the system has no side expansion slots so you cant use any of the MD expansions,i tried an snes cart gameboy adaptor which worked fine but had loud sound issues.

I hate stepdown covertors,but found the MD 1 psu matched close to the retron3 psu*just look at the writing/ratings/polarity on psus.

Overall,this is a nice machine,maybe not recommended for replacement of your genuine consoles given the hardware issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There are variants that are region free, don't think the FX Chip carts will work there though.
    Especially nice are the wireless controllers though, might pick one up when the better half says I can use eBay again, which should be in 50/60 years or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Is that thing multi region? I'd love to get one and copies of Super Astro Go! Go! and Chibimarukuchan Hopscotch 2 to play on it!

Shame there's no Mega CD drive built in to complete the look. I've been wanting that game based on Riding Bean since I saw it in Comet on the launch day of Starwing/fox (you know, where you played a time limited demo to be the UK champion of Starwing/fox and you won a bag of crisps and a colouring book or something). I forget the name of the game now. Road Warriors or something I think it was called. If I'm right the characters were designed by Kenichi Sonada, he of Riding Bean fame, hence the similarities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Problem lies in carts themselves,some pal/and i assume jap games will or wont boot*get the this game is not suitable for ntsc regions display on some pal carts*,or might go to jap text display on some pal carts,since its not the real thing hardware compatibility issues will arise on some games,so best not to dispose any orig make consoles you have or do the hacks on them.

stoneagegamer,they also throw in nice stickers and small discount code for your next order aswell

I urge anyone to get the nes 72 to 60 pin adaptor if you dont have it in your gaming adaptors collection,seems to be the cheapest place to have it so maybe best to get one before they gone- http://stoneagegamer.com/nestofamicomconverter72-pinto60-pin.aspx

Edit-unit sold out on stoneage,ebay it is so..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

ondafly wrote: »
    nice find - I have the HDD in my PS2 also. I had software on a bootdisk, that allowed me to install games to the HDD. Can't for the life remember what it was called though sorry.

Ah cool thanks! I'll have a look into that.

The only info I can really find is to do with modding a standard ps2 to get a HDD running. As this is a test unit it's made to run backups as is...so I'm just wondering if there's anything I'll need to do to it. It might just be a case of connecting it to my PC with a network cable and ftping stuff over.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Talk to Kerbdog, he owns the TEST PS2 I've got in my collection, he'll have all the info you'll need.

Oh yeah, I remember you have a test ps2. Do you run games from the HDD yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Popped into the new CEX on Liffey St.

8 Ps2 games later, I walked out pretty satisfied! Picked up...

Dead to Rights
    Myst 3
    Extermination
    Hitman Trilogy
    Obscure 2
    Ghosthunter
    Dynasty Tactics
    Psi Ops

for just under 25 squids. Happy enough with that! No cube games though :/

Also recieved a Beatmania boxset in the post from Retrocollect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Popped into the new Electronic Exchange on Liffey Street. Surprisingly healthy collection of current and last gen games, although didn't have a lot of time to browse in-depth for the true gems. However, I did pick up a copy of Spy Hunter on the PS2 for the princely sum of one euro, so bargains to be had amongst the vast amounts of shovelware :) Plus, tucked away in the corner of the "G" section was - and this was a very impressive thing to see in a retail store in 2011 - a copy of Gradius V for the very reasonable price of 15 euro. Would have been all over it if I didn't already own it, heads up for anyone who doesn't!

Ah, Spy Hunter on the PS2, one of my favourites.
    Another reason why gamers must own a PS2, there are too many great games on it, no reason to miss them.
    Frighteningly, soon there will be a generation of gamers who will have not owned anything bar a 360 and a DS!

No, I don't use the Test machine at all, I bought a PS2 slim for that.
    Too worried of killing it and then have to replace the thing!
    It is mighty purdy though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I find it quite shocking there would be someone here who doesn't own a PS2!

:cool:

Anything is possible, some people here, very opinionated people, don't even own a Nes!:pac:

that would be me, I was in college and not gaming much at all, decided to go Xbox that generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm pretty sure if I go looking in some boxes I can find my pink PS2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

that would be me, I was in college and not gaming much at all, decided to go Xbox that generation.

I don't have one either, never cared for it.

Wow people without a PS2 who'd have thunk it:eek:
    I know a few gamers who don't have a PS2 aswell which is strange because I know people who don't game but have a PS2

• Advertisement

Finally picked up Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker on PSP. Got my Son Thomas the Tank engine game.
    Seen The 3rd Birthday really píssed off that I didn't pick it up though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement