Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

This arrived today.Bought it off ebay for €9.50 all in.It's still in great condition too.Looking forward to playing it later.
    S5004491.jpg

As far as Gamestop Ps2 clear out goes I got these yesterday for €14 (3 for 2) deal.Didn't really want Blood Omen 2 but it was either that or Fifa 6,Pes 6,Lma Manager etc etc....
    Some good news and bad news though.....Bad news is Street Fighter Alpha is total unplayable due to heavy scratching,good news is I kept the receipt and it turns out I already own it.Looking forward to playing Psychonauts also.I remember someone on here saying how excellent it was....maybe you atavan-halen?
    .S5004492.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did you get that ParappatheRapper on ebay from a guy in Ireland? I was going to bid on that. :pac: Looks to be in lovely condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Yep,I told you before o1s1n,stay out of my watch list :D.It's in great nick with one or two tiny surface scratches.This was the auction http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300382807238&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Looking forward to playing Psychonauts also.I remember someone on here saying how excellent it was....maybe you atavan-halen?

No I don't think it was me, I did buy it myself in Gamestop recently-ish though and I've heard it's very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

This arrived today.Bought it off ebay for €9.50 all in.It's still in great condition too.Looking forward to playing it later.

As far as Gamestop Ps2 clear out goes I got these yesterday for €14 (3 for 2) deal.Didn't really want Blood Omen 2 but it was either that or Fifa 6,Pes 6,Lma Manager etc etc....
    Some good news and bad news though.....Bad news is Street Fighter Alpha is total unplayable due to heavy scratching,good news is I kept the receipt and it turns out I already own it.Looking forward to playing Psychonauts also.I remember someone on here saying how excellent it was....maybe you atavan-halen?

Psychonauts is huge fun. There is alot of quirky charm to the game too, like a really good cartoon with subtle adult humour thrown in. You will enjoy it I'm sure, I loved it. I still need to clear it, I think I'm about half way through it.

Well, the Postman hit me up again today. Final Fantasy IV for the GBA and Carrier for the Dreamcast. Carrier is NTSC, so I need to burn a Utopia disc to play it and may do that this evening but not sure I have the right discs to do it with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Yeah it's fairly slim pickings now in the Gamestop's in the city centre. I went to Rathmines and picked up some decent games (Oni, Devil May Cry 3, Frequency) and I spotted they had the Silent Hill Collection and the special edition of Silent Hill 2 under the shelves but otherwise there isn't much anymore.

I may have a spare VMU lying around Atavan, if I can find it I'll post it out to you. I think it's a crime that lack of a VMU is preventing you playing Code Veronica. It's not the best Resident Evil but it's definetly a good game.

I've been looking at Oni in shops for the past while but jusy insure on whether to pick it up. Any good? It's an early PS2 game isn't it? Rathmines is where I got Psychonauts a while ago along with Gitaroo Man and Viewtiful Joe 2. I find they have the best selection of not crap games :P

That would be great CCCP! I'll have to send you something in return :D

Master of the Universe

Okay I've been really really good saving for the last while...but then saw this and couldn't say no. It's a Super Famicom travel case. But look, SO PRETTY!!!

superfamicomcase.jpg

He also happened to be selling a Japanese Sega Saturn..which I picked up for 9 euro.

Shipping from Japan for the Saturn was 20 quid..but still. Not bad deal overall.

Wow, very nice o1s! I'm jealous! Is it one of those lovely white ones?

Master of the Universe

Unfortunately not. It's one of your bog standard grey type Japanese ones.

Still, was cheap cheap. Plus they've also replaced the battery backup.

On the down side, this means another console to buy games for..

I can hear the money flying out of my bank account already!

Aw :( If it's a model 1 just do the swap trick (to play your PAL games of course) Although I'm not sure if it works region-wise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I've been looking at Oni in shops for the past while but jusy insure on whether to pick it up. Any good? It's an early PS2 game isn't it? Rathmines is where I got Psychonauts a while ago along with Gitaroo Man and Viewtiful Joe 2. I find they have the best selection of not crap games :P

That would be great CCCP! I'll have to send you something in return :D

I just tested it out but it looks good, don't know about the control scheme, might take some getting used to, but the graphics are nice and the anime intro is cool.

Yeah I'll have a root around later for the VMU and test it out then PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Have bought Gauntlet 4 for the mega drive and Wario woods and Super Aleste for the SNES

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did you get that ParappatheRapper on ebay from a guy in Ireland? I was going to bid on that. :pac: Looks to be in lovely condition.

i got Parappa the Rapper as well for sale and its in good nick. i have it on adverts for 10 euro i think posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

oh yea, got luigi's mansion for 5 euro there the other day, must rattle through that one before my xbox comes back hopefully replaced from germany. is 2004 last gen considered retro, i think so, barely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

Got Tetris and Zelda - Link's Awakening from the postie today. £5 delivered for just the carts.

Got a few other things over the last week too

Haunting Starring Polterguy - Excellent condition but no hanging clip like shown in the photos. Wonder if I should return it. I like those bloody hanging clips. :mad:

Shinobi 1- Got that with Haunting as well from ebay. Both for £15. May have slightly overpaid.

Streets Of Rage 2 - Arrived yesterday. Good condition and only £4 delivered.

Sonic 2 - £3.26 delivered or something like that.

I've gotta find some things to flog so I can buy more MD games. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

postman brought this today

Photo0071.jpg

still to come, another gb pocket and another 2 carts.

Oooh, very nice!

Master of the Universe

Haunting Starring Polterguy - Excellent condition but no hanging clip like shown in the photos. Wonder if I should return it. I like those bloody hanging clips. :mad:

Shinobi 1- Got that with Haunting as well from ebay. Both for £15. May have slightly overpaid

I've gotta find some things to flog so I can buy more MD games. :pac:

Ah, no hanging clips drive me mad too! What I'll usually do is if I get a good game but with no clip, I'll swap boxes with one of my poorer games. Fairly OCD, but that's me!

Interesting note - Japanese Megadrive boxes don't have these hanging clips.

Polterguy is a great game. Got that recently enough myself too.

I have some Megadrive doubles if you'd be interested in them?

weeder wrote: »
    postman brought this today

still to come, another gb pocket and another 2 carts.

Jesus! Weeder's gone gameboy mad :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Aw :( If it's a model 1 just do the swap trick (to play your PAL games of course) Although I'm not sure if it works region-wise.

I've heard people on an old saturn forum saying how this can really screw up your disc drive. Best just to get an action replay 4 in 1.

Ah, no hanging clips drive me mad too! What I'll usually do is if I get a good game but with no clip, I'll swap boxes with one of my poorer games. Fairly OCD, but that's me!

I think I'll end doing the same. I don't have any boxes to sacrifice at the moment though. It doesn't feel right when there's no hanging clip. :D

Polterguy is a great game. Got that recently enough myself too.

I have some Megadrive doubles if you'd be interested in them?

I remember renting it a good few times when I was younger. Really fun game. Don't think I've played any game like it.

I would definately be interested in finding out what doubles you have. Thank you kind sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I used to love polterguy.Was really unique being able to possess nearly everything.Always hated collecting more slime though :(

Master of the Universe

I would definately be interested in finding out what doubles you have. Thank you kind sir.

Cool!

Off the top of my head I have extra boxed copies of Virtua Racing, Sonic 1&2 and Mortal Kombat 3..probably have a few more.

I have a lot of unboxed doubles. Actually I have the whole Sonic collection unboxed. I'll have a look through them when I get a chance and see what exactly is there.

Back on topic, I'll soon have the Super Famicom and Wild Card disk system that was recently listed by bigpoppa!

(Sorry atavan! I had actually sent him a pm about the Famicom several days before he put up the post with the pictures)

Will post up some pics when I get it. Hope I still have a floppy drive about somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Jesus! Weeder's gone gameboy mad :D

ya and the lad i got it off had 152 pokedex, so i loads it up, pokemon: 150 seen: 130

new game kthxbai

(Sorry atavan! I had actually sent him a pm about the Famicom several days before he put up the post with the pictures)

Will post up some pics when I get it. Hope I still have a floppy drive about somewhere.

*Glares at with evil eyes*

On closer inspection, the box is actually quite damaged. There's a chunk missing from the lining on the right side of the box. The clips on the inside that keep the instructions in place are broken, 3 of them I think, and there's no hanging clip. The instructions, leaflets and cart are in good condition though. To be honest I think it may be a different box than the one that was listed. Maybe they were switched or something.

I've contacted the seller now outlining the damage. I fully expect them to blame the damage on the postal workers or that it was damaged in transit and not accept any blame for it.

In this situation, what can I do if the seller refuses to replace the item? Should I contact ebay if I get a negative response? Is there any hope of getting compensated in some way or getting a replacement box if the seller blames the damage on the postage? I might be better posting this in online auctions. I'll think I'll post it up over there too.

Master of the Universe

Can you post the pictures of the auction?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400088396769&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

This was the listing. I actually contacted the seller as he had a copy of Shinobi listed and we agreed a deal on both together.

I can post up some pictures of the box. I didn't really take much of a look at the box when it arrived and just kind of put it up on the shelf with the other games.

Master of the Universe

The box in that picture looks mint alright! How do all the other things inside the box compare to the picture? And did you get that registration card and booklet with James Pond on it?

Yes, I got the registration card, EA booklet and the instructions for Haunting. They're all in excellent condition, as is the game cart.

I think the boxes may have been switched.

I mean, how does the box listed have a hanging clip and then when it arrives there is none? If it was included and only came loose in transit then it still would have been there in the package somewhere. It wasn't there at all. Well, unless they cut the clip off before sending it but that seems pointless and not like something a person would do.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

There's no way one of those clips would come off in transit. The only way they come off is by someone knowingly removing it. And even then, you'd have to cut it off with a scissors. They're very durable as they were to hang the games from a rail in a shop.

Looks like he either had multiple copies of the game, or the box was switched.

You have no case with the inside tabs unfortunately as they're not photographed. So as far as the auction is concerned they could be broken.

But the tab is most certainly there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement