Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian/Soviet Airsoft Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

It's great to see some KLMK in action.

I thought their Flecktarn copy was pretty funny. It seems that Russia plans for every false-flag situation possible! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

Puding, that vest you got looks proper.

Do want.

Also, I've noticed that on my Partizan suit, little loops dot the camo, thats for foilage, right? As I've wanted to put something in the loops and I dont think grass would be to good an option, is their any synthetic material I can put in which would look/work great?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

you can use the loops for local vegetation but also for strips of fabric which seems common practice both on the partizan suits and guile suits

august_2010_spetsnaz_edDSC_4370.jpg
    august_2010_spetsnaz_edDSC_4379.jpg

just a couple more examples of the use of bdu strips

03275ce5ee622dxl.jpg
    0_41f50_f6265cbd_orig.jpg
    03278b28679b57xl.jpg

some pictures from videos of Russia and its low intensity conflict in Caucasus, its interesting to see the changes in the Russian military, just as western forces have changed since the invasion of Iraq the Russian modernization seems to be moving along with the resent conflicts acting as a catalyst

8aca6d7732aa.jpg
    e465e3fb7ebd.jpg
    5710e1cf4a42.jpg
    1c645627d3d5.jpg

33306ccff9e8.jpg
    08297d6a1b19.jpg
    e280c4c2419a.jpg
    c3051c49cf2b.jpg
    e2ad395dbe4d-1.jpg
    c1bcb38b3fae.jpg
    122456703021.jpg

• Advertisement

25deb5e953d4.jpg
    8401f9a21498.jpg
    1fa7ad473fe2.jpg
    2b9680c7bd2b.jpg
    4185ff0c09d5.jpg
    db558b9c16ae.jpg
    65b881c48cfb.jpg
    c8c978ab3b50.jpg
    4bae82b508a4.jpg
    efa02e9edc75.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Those strips look like flora? Can they be bought or just buy a jacket/pants and rip them up? Love to stick some to the vest.

Those strips look like flora? Can they be bought or just buy a jacket/pants and rip them up? Love to stick some to the vest.

just used bdu's cut into strips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Are there any decent airsoft replicas of Soviet/Russian pistols?

sliabh wrote: »
    Are there any decent airsoft replicas of Soviet/Russian pistols?

unfortunately no, you can use the ppk as a stand in or you have the KSC CZ75 as an options, we got lucky recently with the glock starting to show up with units in Russia providing another option for those looking for a sidearm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

SRC are supposed to be bringing out a Tokarev tt 33 later this year. That being said the tt 33 is more suited to older Soviet gear.

forgot about that one, has anyone heard anything more about that? first and last information i got was the image on the src poster

No not really, last thing I heard about it was a news snip on airsoft-news.eu saying they hoped to bring it out by the end of the year but no promises. Interesting tidbit on a blog http://14gsd.blogspot.com/2010/09/rmw-vss-vintorez-aeg.html

No not really, last thing I heard about it was a news snip on airsoft-news.eu saying they hoped to bring it out by the end of the year but no promises. Interesting tidbit on a blog http://14gsd.blogspot.com/2010/09/rmw-vss-vintorez-aeg.html

rmw makes a very nice rpg, i would semi back up this guys information, from talking to ting at rmw he did say he would be looking into making either the bizon, pkm or vss, if he does make one i would expect a good product with his track record and being hong kong based rather than china the QC is good also with firesupport and airsoft world stocking the rpg it should not be that hard to get hold of any of tings future products

Puding wrote: »
    rmw makes a very nice rpg, i would semi back up this guys information, from talking to ting at rmw he did say he would be looking into making either the bizon, pkm or vss, if he does make one i would expect a good product with his track record and being hong kong based rather than china the QC is good also with firesupport and airsoft world stocking the rpg it should not be that hard to get hold of any of tings future products

Wow! Really? A Chinese Vintorez? If it's less than €400 and excellent quality I'll probably sell my AK to get it!

EDIT: Actually, what I REALLY want is an AS VAL... Do want...

Personally would absolutely love a PKM, but a VSS would still be class. Hopefully there is some truth to it.

Personally would absolutely love a PKM, but a VSS would still be class. Hopefully there is some truth to it.

one day we will have a pkm, one day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

No really airsoft, but will probably be of interest to people here:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gun-AK-47-Evolution-War/dp/0713998377/

The Gun: The AK-47 and the Evolution of War
    - A.J. Chivers. I have seen a few mentions elsewhere of this one.

CYMA AK74 RPK back in stock

http://www.taiwangun.com/machinerifles_aeg/cm_051_cm-1639.html

taiwan gun showing this back in stock, i know a few people where looking for it

• Advertisement

CYMA AK74 RPK back in stock

http://www.taiwangun.com/machinerifles_aeg/cm_051_cm-1639.html

taiwan gun showing this back in stock, i know a few people where looking for it

Good to know. And that's an excellent price, too.

Couple of questions:
    1. Does that mean that Cyma AEGs will start re-appearing in Irish shops again?
    2. Any idea if that thing would have a special gearbox like the M249s have that can take excess amounts of punishment?

1) cyma products have been in stock at a lot of off shore retailers for a couple of months, although first time i've seen the rpk for some time. The products are about know, see them in stock is down to the irish retailers.

Other than the cybergun stockists with some rebrands of cyma stuff might be some time before other show up, the problem you have is that there is not much else in stock so hard to make diverse financial viable wholesale order

2) Uses the normal v3 gearbox so good strong gearbox, perfect for for anything we will be doing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

lads put an order in with soviet propaganda two weeks ago got no confirmation reply to the order,then sent two emails to Dimitry and no reply to them.Any advice from people who have ordered from them before greatly appreciated.

had a order shipped with SP just last week, dmitry is reliable but the delay is strange, your best bet is to add him to msn or icq and have a chat when he is online as i know he has a couple of employees to deal with the orders so they may have screwed up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

had a order shipped with SP just last week, dmitry is reliable but the delay is strange, your best bet is to add him to msn or icq and have a chat when he is online as i know he has a couple of employees to deal with the orders so they may have screwed up
    cheers for the reply pudding and typically as you replied i recieved an e-mail from Dimitry to say my order was shipped thanks anyway.

smersh redone for cc3 end of this month

cc3aq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

I dunno if this has been mentioned before but a mate of mine just linked me to this:
    http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/

Its got a faily nice selection of Russian military stuff, some people mind find it useful. I'll probably get around to ordering of them come summer.

I dunno if this has been mentioned before but a mate of mine just linked me to this:
    http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/

Its got a fairly nice selection of Russian military stuff, some people mind find it useful. I'll probably get around to ordering of them come summer.

unfortunately not the most reliable retailer, people im afraid have had mixed results ( for example http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=6150.30 ) normal issue are around communication times, issues with wrong items being sent and wrong sizes

but its is split there seems to be a fair few people who have not had an issue, just something to be aware of

most of the stuff on there can be found at other more reliable retailers so not much of a problem if your not willing to take the risk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

Thanks Pud, I probably won't be buying anything for a few weeks anyway, I'm in the market for an aul BDU and some kind of chest rig though. I might order something from them just to check it out, might just stick to soviet propoganda though!

Advertisement