Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian/Soviet Airsoft Impressions

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

That new Russian camo there is way too dark, looks like a nice setup though all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Masada wrote: »
    That new Russian camo there is way too dark, looks like a nice setup though all the same.

...and the Multi-Cam is too bright. *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

a chamelion chestrig for the svd i picked up from sovietpropoganda

14.jpg

new model from the vss producer AS "Val"

really really hope the price can go down or some other producer gets hold of this :)

98155-59329-33518462-m549x500.jpg
    98155-3e896-33518452-m549x500.jpg
    98155-41ed1-33518469-m549x500.jpg

I would do awful, unspeakable things to get that VAL... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Anyone know if you can get a 10.8V (9 cell) battery into a Kalash RK-10?

sliabh wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can get a 10.8V (9 cell) battery into a Kalash RK-10?

the vfc and clones can take up to a 12v stick, you just need to be careful of the cell size i can fit a 2000mha 10.8v in but it is a really tight fit, if your using a 1500mha cell you should not have any issues

Puding wrote: »
    the vfc and clones can take up to a 12v stick, you just need to be careful of the cell size i can fit a 2000mha 10.8v in but it is a really tight fit, if your using a 1500mha cell you should not have any issues
    It's would be this 1500mAh so I am guessing it is okay.

After a lot of humming and hawing I have decided to order an AKMS (and it means I can follow up on an invite from the local Russian themed team).

I am just trying to decide between these two at the moment, the CYMA CM.048S, and the Kalash RK-10S. If it was you which would you go for? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

new model from the vss producer AS "Val"

I'll have me one of those please! How much are they and where do you
    get them ?

That ol brown plastic looks mouldy but if it was replaced with wood
    it would be nice.

Saw other pics with the wooden fixed stock that look nice,
    it would be cool to have both.

[EDIT] Oh my God! I have to get one (should have looked
    a few pages back on this thread)
    http://aphen.gallery.ru/watch?ph=zHj-bWdr3#feature=topscroll
    ~B

It's would be this 1500mAh so I am guessing it is okay.

After a lot of humming and hawing I have decided to order an AKMS (and it means I can follow up on an invite from the local Russian themed team).

I am just trying to decide between these two at the moment, the CYMA CM.048S, and the Kalash RK-10S. If it was you which would you go for? :)

Go for the Cyma as it can take aftermarket mags and I've had many more problems with Kalashs than with Cymas.

• Advertisement

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Go for the Cyma as it can take aftermarket mags and I've had many more problems with Kalashs than with Cymas.
    After a lot of web research today (boy do some people havbe strong opinions on Kalash vs CYMA) I went for the CYMA in the end. With a new barrel and downgraded spring. The nice people in Taiwan Gun are modding it for free.

It's just a pity they don't have batteries, rail mounts or AK slings until the end of the month :)

bullets wrote: »
    I'll have me one of those please! How much are they and where do you
    get them ?

That ol brown plastic looks mouldy but if it was replaced with wood
    it would be nice.

Saw other pics with the wooden fixed stock that look nice,
    it would be cool to have both.

[EDIT] Oh my God! I have to get one (should have looked
    a few pages back on this thread)
    http://aphen.gallery.ru/watch?ph=zHj-bWdr3#feature=topscroll
    ~B

the vss and val i think where orginaly going for over 1000 usd expensive as there made to order

cheap compared to the real steel pkm airsoft conversion at 2000euro over at red alliance by trasher

http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=14903.0

mouldy ? personally im a fan of the plum finish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

anyone have any recommendations for metal mid-caps for a Cyma AK-47? I've been looking around but I wouldn't really know what mags are compatible with different AEGs.

anyone have any recommendations for metal mid-caps for a Cyma AK-47? I've been looking around but I wouldn't really know what mags are compatible with different AEGs.
    I just picked up these from Taiwan Gun. I haven't checked them out yet, but they assure me they work okay with CYMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

the vss and val i think where orginaly going for over 1000 usd expensive as there made to order

OK thats a just a tiny bit out of my Budget :D
    But it sure is a sweet looking piece.

Once I get my FAL urges out of the way I'm hopeing to
    focus on getting some more AK alike Russian/Soviet stuff, The Rawness of the design of the guns and the wood is whats apealing.

~B

My CYMA AKMS and SRC midcaps arrived yesterday from Taiwan Gun. I did promise to stick up my impressions of the mags.
    twgundelivery.jpg

In the box were the 6 magazines, individually wrapped in plastic, and a speed loader. The base plate of one or two of the mags were off, but it only took a second to attach them. Each mag is black metal with a slightly glossy finish. They seem hard wearing enough and there is no noticeable rattle when you shake them.

inthebox.jpg

I tested the gun with the included hi-cap to check for mechbox, feed, and mag seating problems. Other than the occasional mis-feed (which I will put down to my under winding the hi-cap due to inexperience with such strange beasts) everything seemed fine.

I picked two mags at random, part loaded them with 10 and then 20 bbs, and fired each one off using a mix of semi and auto.

Both mags fed fine, there just was the usual 4 followers left. When I took the mags out I did see a little wear on the black paint around the lip. It's hard to see in the photo but it's where I circled in red.

maglip.jpg

The only problem I saw with putting the mags in the gun is you have to make sure they are up far enough before you lock them. If they are just barely in like this:
    wrongfeed.jpg
    the mag will lock in place, but it won't feed. You need to make sure the top of the bottom lip is in contact with the receiver before you lock the mag in position. Like this:
    rightfeed.jpg
    I think this is a known problem with AK mags?

In Short:
    As I said I have just fired about 60 bbs through the mags, but I have no complaints so far. They fit and feed fine. Price wise they work out about €10 each which for metal mid-caps seems like a bargain. I would recommend them.

p.s. I would also recommend Taiwan Gun. They seem to have the final remaining stock of clone AKs in Europe and were happy to upgrade my AKMS for free as long as I bought the parts from them (I got a precision barrel, hop-up and downgrade to an Austrian friendly 400fps).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I think this is a known problem with AK mags?

I got a CYMA Hi-cap(Don't judge) and have the same problem, well not problem but the same thing happens with the mag as you described. Feeds fine but has some wear in the place you showed above.

nice review, might have to pick some of these up, the feeding issue is not really a problem as the mags as design to get inserted into the aeg as in your second picture, ideally the magazines should be of such a size that inserting the magazine as in picture one is not possible but unfortunately with the differences in tolerances between makes it is all to possible if your not paying attention to load it as in the first picture

soviet propaganda have finaly got some partisan m suits in stock, makes a nice option for anyone looking to many get into the russian gear, double sided sniper suit allow you summer and winter camo in one package

http://www.soviet-propaganda.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_44&products_id=369
    be4f5389dea23facda2d69267a80579bima.jpg
    f505375d970b0fda5e88fa745ddcff3fima.jpg

life seems to be sorting itself out for me, getting back to doing some work on my site, decided to get on and finish a couple of small review of the edger and chameleon chest rigs, thought i would stick a couple of pics up hear as well

b1.jpg
    a1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

would any of you ruskie kit collectors be intrestred in a pso scope cover? got one by accident, thought it was something else!

same as http://www.gunscollecting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pso-1-insieme-copia1.jpg

• Advertisement

for anyone else with an A&k svd looks like the a&k svd mid caps have finally made an appearance, only seen them on ehobby so far

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aandk-60rd-metal-low-cap-magazine-for-svd-sniper.html

bloody typical only went out and brought 4 classic army svd mags last week from the uk, by the looks of things they worked out about the same cost after adding vat and everything so nothing lost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I was in Army Bargains recently and they had soviet gear,they had a beret with the soviet medal on it and a Soviet generals hat with the medal,also a belt with a Red army belt buckle.

thought i would post these pictures hear as well

59093_437608574559_716409559_4981374_397006_n.jpg
    59161_437608389559_716409559_4981367_823919_n.jpg

the guys behind the vss and val have also made a SR-3M, know if only someone outside of russia had one and could give some feedback, or another company pick them up

98155-76e46-36216460-m549x500.jpg
    98155-fc33f-36216457-m549x500.jpg
    98155-6a7aa-36216453-m549x500.jpg

a few bits that took about 3 months to turn up, got to love Moscow customs ( you think irish customs is bad :) )

123-3.jpg

will try and get some better pictures but weather is shocking outside today

Just wondering lately about modern Russian uniforms and I got thinking about the Russian Digital pattern. That was supposed to replace Flora by 2011 and there was a big brouhaha about it a year or so ago, people saying that it's great, people saying that it's useless, people saying that it's going to replace Flora and other people saying that the Russians are going to scrap the pattern altogether.

My question is: does anyone know what the hell is going on with it? Has there been any conclusive information about the standard Russian army/VDV uniform in the past while?

Just wondering lately about modern Russian uniforms and I got thinking about the Russian Digital pattern. That was supposed to replace Flora by 2011 and there was a big brouhaha about it a year or so ago, people saying that it's great, people saying that it's useless, people saying that it's going to replace Flora and other people saying that the Russians are going to scrap the pattern altogether.

My question is: does anyone know what the hell is going on with it? Has there been any conclusive information about the standard Russian army/VDV uniform in the past while?

army is still working away with the change over but flora is very much in the majority

http://fishki.net/comment.php?id=72404

pics of some of the new issue digi flora gear from the link above

forma014.jpg
    forma028.jpg
    forma013.jpg
    forma053.jpg
    forma077.jpg

Great photos. Thanks for that. Any idea what those photos are of? Is that one unit or are they just showing off all the different kit available? I would have thought that their uniforms would be far more... uniform. :D

• Advertisement

Great photos. Thanks for that. Any idea what those photos are of? Is that one unit or are they just showing off all the different kit available? I would have thought that their uniforms would be far more... uniform. :D

from what i read the pictures are of the russian armys 5th infantry brigade, and seems to be an open day kinda thing, lots of gear on show showing off the modernisation, the variation in equipment even amongst the digital flora is still not that suprising

another open day/demonstration with the Kubinka 45th VDV

http://mg82.livejournal.com/64609.html

Advertisement