Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Game on this Sunday 20th @6pm in Sportsco

Game on this Suday 27th @6pm in sportsco

I wont be able to make this one so will someone else sort out the money, cheers!!

Game on this Sunday 3rd @ 6pm in Sportsco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Good game last night, court booked for next Sunday 9th April at 18.00. See you all then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thought I'd be able to make it yesterday with 3 others but all plans fell through! Glad to hear you had a good game anyway and see you Wednesday! If you think you'll come to Bray aswell after, I can give you and 1 (possibly 2) more a lift, and then a lift to Dun Laoghaire dart station after :)

• Advertisement

Game on this Sunday 10th @ 6pm in Sportsco. Everyone welcome, all skill and fitness levels!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

will pop along this evening.

Did many head to the game last night? I made a post on the facebook group asking who's going and didn't get good feedback at all so didn't want to drag my friends in, away from what we were doing at the risk of no game, or having to pay 10/12 eur each for an hour, which they wouldn't have.

Vinnie, do you know yet what the story is with having booked it, if only a few show up and the game doesn't go ahead? Would be **** to still have to pay but I think if that's the case, the cost should be divided between everyone in the group or maybe we should have some kind of rolling fund to assist? It's not fair for Vinnie to go to the efforts of booking it with no interest shown and then not fair for people to make the journey and nobody else show up.

Also, seeing as though the evenings are getting brighter and the weather better, are there any decent free outdoor courts in the same area and how would people feel playing outdoor? This may also be a strong point to use to haggle down a cheaper price for the summer months if indoor is preferred and they are short on bookings.

I also think a central place to show interest would be best, I guess not everyone here has a facebook account and not everyone in the facebook group has a boards account so not sure which would be best to use, especially with all the bugs on the facebook group page lately but I do think the notification system works well and that there's probably more players in that group, then subscribed to this thread?

there was 8 down last night.. few more would have been nice.. managed to get myself a black eye! first time thats happened ever in all the time im playing ball!!!

Ah 8 is good, only 2 seemed to be able to make it on the facebook group which is why I think it'd be good to have a central confirmation place.

I've a dodgy baby finger and thumb on my right hand, index and middle finger on left hand, right thigh and left arm, all picked up from basketball. Surprised anyone managed to reach your eye though :D

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    I've a dodgy baby finger and thumb on my right hand, index and middle finger on left hand, right thigh and left arm, all picked up from basketball.

Your missing a few body parts! this week should take care of that... strap the fingers and get back to it wed! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Next Sunday 24th April is Easter Sunday. Sportsco is open and the hall is available at 18.00, but not booked yet. I'll book it if we get enough people confirmed, so post here if available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Robko

GAME ON TONIGHT @ 7PM in SPORTSCO ALL WELCOME! POST HERE IF INTERESTED IN A GAME ON SUNDAY @ 6pm AS IT"S NOT BOOKED YET.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I can play on Sunday.

I'll either be playing in this or an outdoor one around Dun Laoghaire or both, or none, so I'm just a maybe for Sunday again :o

How did the Friday game go?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Friday was good, 8 players and a tough game, Sammy destroyed us all!

Sunday isn't booked yet, depends what kind of confirmations we get here and on facebook.

Okay so far we've only got 3 confirmations between here and facebook. The hall is still available so if we can get a few more then we can go ahead but right now it ain't looking too good.

NO GAME TONIGHT (MAY 1st) GUYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 claudiu_ceia

How about tonight guys? Can new people join?

Later edit:
    I saw the Facebook group, I'll just show up and see there, suppose nobody is still online at this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Any games going tonight (Monday), lads?

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic but just curious, I've been told any contact is considered a foul pretty much and I know I tend to try and reach the ball quite a lot in a position like at 50 seconds in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=905LFfxAcpo&NR=1 but even though Kobe makes contact with the other chaps left arm and kind of gets in his way, a foul isn't called so what line needs to be crossed for a foul to be called can anyone tell me? :)

ill show you next time i see you.. but the line is blurred between who has the ball under control... you step across someone to get the ball and make contact with them then your in the wrong. you step across someone and get the ball without making contact, move past them without someone thinking you made contact ie a ref then your ok... very much down to knowing what you can and cant get away with...

Thanks, would be great if you can show me tomorrow if we're both there I guess :)

Question two: anyone know the track being played in the video? :D

COURT BOOKED FOR SUNDAY 29TH @ 7PM ALL WELCOME!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

If you PM me your number I'll add you to a group I text about games around the Dun Laoghaire/Bray area :)

GAME ON TONIGHT 6PM @ SPORTSCO ALL WELCOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mightyz

any games on south side? D14 / D24 ??

Are you willing to travel at all? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

is the game still on this sunday at sprotsco?

Advertisement