Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

llien14 wrote: »
    5 on 4 ?! I hope you were playing full court!

of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Rock Star wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Was thinking of heading down for a run on Sunday the 5th. Getting back to playing and want to get as much training in as possible. Just wondering if a, you guys had room for one more on Sunday week? and b, whether you guys will be running the games over the Xmas period?

Cheers,
    Dara

Hey, yeah you're very welcome to come down.

Over xmas we'll probably play up to the 19th, won't be playing on the 26th and will possibly be back for the 2nd depending on how many are available.

Bump

Sunday 28th @ 6pm - Ringsend

new Players welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Bump

Sunday 28th @ 6pm - Ringsend

new Players welcome!

I'd love a game (played first game in about 10 years last weekend up home (Donegal) and came onto the boards looking for exactly this kind of game. And I live across the road in the gasworks... Perfect!). Hope to see you on Sunday

BUMP FOR SUNDAY @ 6pm, New players welcome!

• Advertisement

Tomorrows game has been canceled. I will bump this a few times today & send a mail/facebook msg to everyone

cheers

Tomorrows game has been canceled. I will bump this a few times today & send a mail/facebook msg to everyone

cheers

bump

cheers

bump

NO GAME TODAY!

the gym is booked for next Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thisguy

hey lads so hows the match shaping up this weekend, are we going to brave the conditions? Im not that far away so I probably will if we can get numbers.

• Advertisement

thisguy wrote: »
    hey lads so hows the match shaping up this weekend, are we going to brave the conditions? Im not that far away so I probably will if we can get numbers.

At the moment the court is booked, but we're going to make a decision on Saturday about whether to go ahead. So far we have two definites and two possibles for Sunday, if anyone else will definitely be there please let us know so we can include you in the count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Rock Star

Hi guys,

With the weather like it is, I'll be highly doubtful for Sunday. I will have to combo Bus, then Dart, then walk it so unless there is a big improvement in the weather then I won't be able to make it. Hopefully it is all clear for the following weekend.

Cheers,
    Dara

We have the numbers so the game is on tomorrow, have fun everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

As it happens we had 11 playing tonight, which is the highest turnout of the last while.

We'll have to post a tsunami warning next week and see if we can push attendance past 20...

Leto wrote: »
    As it happens we had 11 playing tonight, which is the highest turnout of the last while.

We'll have to post a tsunami warning next week and see if we can push attendance past 20...

that really great, considering a few regulars haven't been around.

so there may be a tsunami Due to hit Ring-send this weekend!
    your last chance to play ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Looks like I'll be back up in Dublin this weekend, so hopefully see you all there on Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PiecesofEight

lafortezza wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be back up in Dublin this weekend, so hopefully see you all there on Sunday!

See ya there old buddy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 matt_h

Hi all,

Im new to boards.ie and have just found this thread.
    Was wondering if I could join a game sometime in the New year perhaps?

I used to play (many many) years ago (2001-2002) in Belfast (for Queens' Uni) on and off -- and I really haven't played much since! So I imagine I'll be a little rusty. :pac:

Can someone let me know where is the court? and is it always every Sunday at 6pm?

Thanks,
    matt

your more than welcome join us
    always on a Sunday at 6 to 7pm

the gym is Sportsco Gym, Ringsend

No 2&3 bus from O’Connell st (Bus stop is near the Sony shop)
    or a 25min walk from Dublin city centre.

the gym address is
    South Lotts Road,
    Ringsend,
    Dublin 4.

matt_h wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im new to boards.ie and have just found this thread.
    Was wondering if I could join a game sometime in the New year perhaps?

I used to play (many many) years ago (2001-2002) in Belfast (for Queens' Uni) on and off -- and I really haven't played much since! So I imagine I'll be a little rusty. :pac:

Can someone let me know where is the court? and is it always every Sunday at 6pm?

Thanks,
    matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 matt_h

Thanks for the info! if I don't make it some sunday before christmas, i'll be there in the new year most likely

• Advertisement

we have a facebook group here

matt_h wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! if I don't make it some sunday before christmas, i'll be there in the new year most likely

Hi guys,

Will be heading down for a run if there is still room tonight. IS it a long walk from Grand Canal Dart Station?

Hey Guys,

We're on at 18.00 as usual this Sunday (19th December). Hope to see you all there.

The following Sunday Sportsco is closed but will be back open on the 2nd January. So we have to decide if we have enough people available to play that day. I probably won't be able to make it, but can anyone who definitely wants to play let us know and we will make a decision on whether to book it or not on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thisguy

cant make it this week lads, i'll see ye all in the new year!

Hi guys,

Dara here, the Australian guy with the very, very rusty jumpshot (and about everything else). Please put me down for both days as I need all the practise I can get after 3 years away from the game!

Cheers,
    D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 llien14

Hello Everyone. The next game will be on the 9th January at the normal time of 6pm. Sportsco is closed on 26th and there is not enough interest to make it worthwhile on the 2nd, so the 9th is the next date the court is booked for. Happy Christmas see you all in the new year.
    Neill

Hi guys,

It Dara the bloke who injured himself in glorious fashion yesterday. It turns out I did tear my achilles tendon so I won't be back till at least Feb. A bit annoying but what can you do.

Just wanted to say thaks to everyone for their help yesterday. A big thanks especially to Neill who very kindly drove me up to a clinic in Swords on his Sunday night, thanks heaps I owe you a beer!

Anyway, see you in 6-8 weeks. Have a good christmas

Dara

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Sorry to hear that dude, it's very bad luck. Hopefully the recovery will be smooth. We'll look forward to seeing you in a couple of months!

Aidan

Happy New Year everyone, hope you all had a nice xmas. Basketball in Sportsco is back this Sunday the 9th January at 18.00, hope to see you all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

See you all there on Sunday!

Advertisement