Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Vinnie K wrote: »
    Dont know man, there was 19 last Sunday and 18 the week before! We had 2 half court games last Sunday so we'll do that again if the numbers are around the same, you coming down?

:eek:

The numbers have gotten massive since the new year. Gashed hand and messed up ankle have brought my pre-Christmas good run of attendance to an end for now, but I'm keeping an eye on developments!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

Leto wrote: »
    :eek:

The numbers have gotten massive since the new year. Gashed hand and messed up ankle have brought my pre-Christmas good run of attendance to an end for now, but I'm keeping an eye on developments!

I'm going to try to get too if thats OK. Another first timer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

mc_grens wrote: »
    I'm going to try to get too if thats OK. Another first timer.

All welcome man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 graham27

Can anybody give directions to the Sportsco ill be coming from D24, is it ok just to turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

graham27 wrote: »
    Can anybody give directions to the Sportsco ill be coming from D24, is it ok just to turn up?

a bit late now but: http://maps.google.ie/maps/place?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sportsco+dublin&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=sportsco&hnear=Dublin,+Co.+Fingal&cid=16984015154520671865

Cheers for the game everyone. It's going to take me a while to keep up with that pace, that was only my 2nd game in 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

McG wrote: »
    a bit late now but: http://maps.google.ie/maps/place?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sportsco+dublin&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=sportsco&hnear=Dublin,+Co.+Fingal&cid=16984015154520671865

Cheers for the game everyone. It's going to take me a while to keep up with that pace, that was only my 2nd game in 10 years.

Absolutely! I was never so happy to see my turn to be subbed coming up. Good game, enjoyed that alot. Here's hoping we can get another night or two up and running somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PiecesofEight

Heyo,

How was the numbers this week, even split full or half court mix up? Couldn't make it down due to time constraints and all that good jazz but will hopefully woddle on down this sunday.

Shane.

Heyo,

How was the numbers this week, even split full or half court mix up? Couldn't make it down due to time constraints and all that good jazz but will hopefully woddle on down this sunday.

Shane.

There was 14, so had a full court game with regular subbing.

Game on this Sunday 13th at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

14 is a pretty good number I think, everyone appreciated their sub time and nobody was left standing aside for too long either. The only thing is it was a bit confusing trying to keep up with who was on your team as it changed so often. Would definitely be manageable for 2 hours aswell.

I won't be there for the next few Sunday's now myself due to work but still looking to get something mid-week sorted to feed the habit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thisguy

I might be there tomorrow, depending on if im tempted to hit the pub for the match or not...id be up for a 2 hour game as well if we can organise it as long as we are getting these numbers, or another game midweek or something

Hey Guys,

For the people that weren't there last nite, we're trying to get a game going on Friday at 7pm, can you post here or send me a pm if you would be able to make it, we want to get a minimum of 10 people that'll be there before we book it so we can have a proper game and wont have to pay stupid money if only 7/8 or less show up.
    Going to try run it on Fridays for a 2/3wks and if there's good enough numbers we'll make it a permanent time.

vinniekeane@hotmail.com

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Where you going to try run the game Vinnie? How much a head you looking at?

nialo wrote: »
    Where you going to try run the game Vinnie? How much a head you looking at?

Sorry shound have said, in Sportsco, it seems like its the best place for the majority. We get the Sunday game at 70 for the hour because we block book it a month in advance, normal price is 75 (serious saving eh) so it'll be either 70 or 75 split between whoever goes so thats why we'd need a minimum of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

I would be on for the friday night slot. Have not played in about 5 years but sure il catch up after some time i hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Will be able to go this Friday, as it happens, but usually work on a Friday evening.

definetely on for Fridays. Mrs McG works most Friday evenings so it suits me perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Count me in for this Friday 18th if you book it, if I'm free I'll make every friday but might have to miss the occasional one with work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

definetely on for Fridays. Mrs McG works most Friday evenings so it suits me perfectly.

If you don't want her to know you're playing b'ball with a bunch of people you met on the internet - just tell her you're having an affair! :)

Sh*t, just realised Friday is me birthday! Everyone bring a present!

Hall booked now!!

Game this Friday 18th @ 7pm in Sportsco

Everyone welcome!!

• Advertisement

I forgot I was going to a gig on Friday. 7pm start should allow me to do do both though, looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 vyk

I've missed the last few Sundays when I hoped to join the social. I haven't played in a while but am looking forward to starting this Friday. :)

Game on this Sunday 27th at 6pm in Sportsco

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

Have you got room for two more lads this weekend.
    What is the usual cost and is there any game on Friday?

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

We are getting anywhere from 10-18 people inthe last few weeks, and we usually just play 2 half court games if we have loads of people. It's not perfect as the court is quite small but you're welcome to come along and see if you like it.

Game is on this Friday at 7pm, and then on Sunday at 6pm.
    themoney wrote: »
    Have you got room for two more lads this weekend.
    What is the usual cost and is there any game on Friday?

Mark

Game on this Sunday 5th in Sportsco @ 6pm

All welcome!!

Game on this Sunday 13th @ 6pm in Sportsco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JOE83

Hi, any room for 1 more this sunday? haven't played in 10 years but hopefully won't bring the level down too much! Is there anywhere safe to lock up bicycles at sportsco? Never been there before.
    Thanks

JOE83 wrote: »
    Hi, any room for 1 more this sunday? haven't played in 10 years but hopefully won't bring the level down too much! Is there anywhere safe to lock up bicycles at sportsco? Never been there before.
    Thanks

Hey, your more then welcome man, theres a bike rack outside the front door!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JOE83

Good stuff I'll talk to yous then, cheers

Advertisement