Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea with Joe , if he wanted to get brought up to the main roster he would def need to get back into shape , Look at Steen who dropped a lot of weight after he got signed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

briany wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand the need to make virtually every wrestler coming in a WWE creation even if they've built up a brand somewhere else, with the exception of a guy like Sting. That seems to be in direct contrast to the previous way where they'd build upon the cache a wrestler had built elsewhere, if they had one. Well, I suppose I do understand it to an extent in that it probably tightens WWE's grip on them if the gimmick is successful because it's their intellectual property, but that's not necessarily sensible from a money standpoint. I understand building a character for rookies or people not used to working a mic but beyond that, I don't know.

The CM Punk lawsuit is pretty much an indication of why WWE want to make everything their own creation and why they'll likely get worse in the future. They run the market right now and don't want to put time and money into a commodity that can just walk away and make money for a competitor at a later date. At least if they own the name, gimmick and everything around it it makes it awkward for the talent to do so. They're not then trading off their WWE reputation and earning off their true name value, meaning they'll earn less and WWE's lack of earnings won't be affected in the long run. It's a knock-on effect from Brock walking out in less than two years after they gave him the world. And, as harsh as it may sound when broken down to bare terms, we'd all likely do the same thing in their shoes.

It's not just a WWE thing, though. Other companies and brands are obsessed these days with ownership of intellectual property, it's a big deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This week's biggest news

Renee Young confirms she's dating Dean Ambrose: http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/3/4/8150809/renee-young-dating-dean-ambrose-wwe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dean Ambrose you lucky SOB.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

So is it common knowledge that Seth Rollins did some gay fetish "wrestling" before WWE? Nothing explicit but there is definitely parts of Seth that you didn't particularly need to see. Add this to the leaked photos last week and i'm seeing a whole other side to Mr. Money In The Bank!

• Advertisement

So is it common knowledge that Seth Rollins did some gay fetish "wrestling" before WWE? Nothing explicit but there is definitely parts of Seth that you didn't particularly need to see. Add this to the leaked photos last week and i'm seeing a whole other side to Mr. Money In The Bank!

Yes it is common knowledge among indie/hardcore fans.

Trust me you don't want to go down this road. A) It is a subculture that is very Louie Theroux Weird Weekends and B) A lot of people have done videos like that a lot of women and a few prominent Wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Yet another Google search result Triple Hs 8 year old has to be shielded from.

:D That was sort of my reason for posting. When you talk about excluding someone from the HOF for their choices and yet one of your current stars was involved in something that could be seen as a controversial career move then the lines of acceptability become blurred

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

hehe, shield

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Missy Hyatt ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Explains the ring attire.

But what he does with his personal life is his business and his alone. I couldn't care less. The guy is a great performer and as long as he continues the way he's going, more power to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rovert wrote: »
    Yes it is common knowledge among indie/hardcore fans.

Trust me you don't want to go down this road. A) It is a subculture that is very Louie Theroux Weird Weekends and B) A lot of people have done videos like that a lot of women and a few prominent Wrestlers.

Some fans are clearly more committed than others :pac: :pac:

ERG89 wrote: »
    Some fans are clearly more committed than others :pac: :pac:

It was an amusing occasional thread topic when he was in ROH. Then they kind of had a second life as they found a new audience as The Shield were so popular with females. There's loads of pictures of Rollins wrestling with his real life best friend Marek Brave on Tumblr and places like that.

All I can find for Marek Brave is him SSPing a turnbuckle. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

rovert wrote: »
    It was an amusing occasional thread topic when he was in ROH. Then they kind of had a second life as they found a new audience as The Shield were so popular with females. There's loads of pictures of Rollins wrestling with his real life best friend Marek Brave on Tumblr and places like that.

No names, but several Irish wrestlers were offered the gig when it went around. To the best of my knowledge (though I've never searched out of fear of having to meet them again), none took it but I know a couple imports did. :pac:

Did you not get asked Leggo? 😜

I assume it was done for the money? Well I'm not ashamed to say that I had a quick nose at the video and I can't imagine anyone being turned on by it. It's not remotely arrousing. Different strokes I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Did you not get asked Leggo? 😜

I assume it was done for the money? Well I'm not ashamed to say that I had a quick nose at the video and I can't imagine anyone being turned on by it. It's not remotely arrousing. Different strokes I guess.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Nice - That's a great venue. Was there for a basketball game a few months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Thought they were supposed to be staying in the Staples centre in LA for Summerslam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

veganrun wrote: »
    Thought they were supposed to be staying in the Staples centre in LA for Summerslam?

They made an announcement during last years Summerslam that they were heading back to the east coast. (Supposed to be in the IZOD Centre).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

They changed it because wrestlemania is in California this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Garseys wrote: »
    They made an announcement during last years Summerslam that they were heading back to the east coast. (Supposed to be in the IZOD Centre).

And with the IZOD closing indefinitely sometime this month, WWE needed somewhere else to host Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And with the IZOD closing indefinitely sometime this month, WWE needed somewhere else to host Summerslam.

Shame it's not the Garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Summerslam is kind of just another PPV now though, its not usually anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    Indeed.

20130115_kaientai2_642.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Summerslam is kind of just another PPV now though, its not usually anything special.

Quite a strong show the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Every PPV is just another PPV. Mania not looking great this year. Even the Royal Rumble this year was a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Every PPV is just another PPV. Mania not looking great this year. Even the Royal Rumble this year was a let down.

That's what bad booking does. They even turned WM 31 into a another PPV. Old farts that can't go or bother to show up on TV get main Events and the most over and best talent wrestling in nothing matches. Reign's will be booed out of the building if he goes into Brooklyn, should be great whoever he's facing will be cheered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought that SummerSlam was brilliant last year. Brock Lesnar was great in his utter domination of John Cena. The year before was great as well. I loved Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena, and CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar was brilliant as well. 2012 was a good year as well I thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement