Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Big Zeke is gone according to his offical twitter

https://twitter.com/zekewwe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rjd2 wrote: »

Very dignified and respectful response to being let go. Kudos to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE release subscriber numbers: 667,287.

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140407-904877.html

Am I right in saying that's not such good number, given that it also includes many international signups?

In Meltzer's analysis he was saying that anything below 850,000 would not be a good sign.

I'm surprised I have to say; I thought it would do better. Can't see it increasing to 1m (approximate break even point) without opening up to international markets. If people won't signup ahead of WrestleMania, then they are unlikely to sign up at all. Some will, but another 50% of what they already have?

Will be interesting to see how the share price opens.

Hopefully they load up Extreme Rules.

Have this open in a tab so you can obsessively check it:
    https://www.google.ie/#q=wwe+stock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

So how far does the stock have to fall for Vince to not be a billionaire anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rjd2 wrote: »

Source

WWE Superstar Ezekiel Jackson, who has been out of action for over a year with an injury, wrote the following on his Instagram today:

"In July 2008 I made my #smackdown television debut with "Thee Brian Kendrick"… much love to TBK for seeking me out and choosing me. I was fulfilling a dream I had as an 8 yr old kid who saw and fell in love with professional wrestling for the first time through my neighbors window in #Guyana South America… On April 6th 2014 my contract expired so #WrestleMania 30 was #bittersweet. I thank God for all the blessings he's bestowed upon me in the last 7 years. In my time in the #wwe I became the last #ECW Champion and a one time Intercontinental Champion… I've also traveled the world given the opportunity to do what I love. Encountering some of the most passionate and reliable fans in the world… I am deeply appreciative to Vincent McMahon and the #WWE for allowing a snotty nose lickle bai from Victory Valley Linden Guyana to live out my childhood dream on the highest level. #Godspeed to the company and all of my friends and colleagues. #beblessed Extremely excited for the next chapter in my life. I'm looking forward to this new season…. I'm still 290 pounds and #healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So how far does the stock have to fall for Vince to not be a billionaire anymore?

If I recall correctly from what Power Slam Magazine said years ago... Vince McMahon was never a billionaire after WWE went publcally traded. He was damn well close having several hundred million. But not hitting the Billion mark.

Wonder if that is still the case these days. But of course it doesnt matter :pac: Billionaire or no billionaire ol' Vincent is minted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If I recall correctly from what Power Slam Magazine said years ago... Vince McMahon was never a billionaire after WWE went publcally traded. He was damn well close having several hundred million. But not hitting the Billion mark.

Wonder if that is still the case these days.

He moved up to Billionaire not long ago.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He moved up to Billionaire not long ago.

Ohhhh...
    I wonder did he say what Mr Burns once said in the simpsons: "....we're slightly richer..." :pac: (new springfield/old springfield episode :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

With today's stock fall, he'll have to go stay in the millionaires' camp

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120912133409/simpsons/images/1/15/Millionaire_Camp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Any pics around yet of that great moment of the three of them in the ring at the Silver Superdome?

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Found a good one

BkooT11IYAE73Nf.jpg

WWE.com can confirm that, following last's night historic match with Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker was immediately taken to Ochsner Medical Center. After a CT scan and other medical testing, he was diagnosed with a severe concussion and was kept overnight for further evaluation. He was discharged early Monday afternoon.

Stay with WWE.com for updates on The Phenom's condition.

I don't think WWE is lying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

I thought the falling to one knee three times was a bit much,so that definitely explains it

rovert wrote: »
    I don't think WWE is lying here.

When he had hells gate on lesnar and lesnar picked him up and slammed him, his head took a nasty bounce off the mat I noticed.

When he had hells gate on lesnar and lesnar picked him up and slammed him, his head took a nasty bounce off the mat I noticed.

Before that he was just laying there for ages and Lesnar looked like he didnt know what was happening. I reckon it happened before the Hells Gate but not sure where. F-5 seems the best guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Seemed like it happened pretty early, that bit where 'Taker spent ages in the ropes with Lesnar beating on him seemed to be a chance for 'Taker to gather his senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've read it happened when lesnar did a single leg take down near the corner and taker did slap the mat hard. I'd have to watch it again but it was almost as if taker didn't brace for the bump and may have got hurt.

I know the last few years the undertaker seems like the wrestlemania takes a lot out of him but during the match he looked fecked and not sure where he was. He went for old school for the second time and seemed to stumble and leanar hit a F5 which looked like it wasn't the planned spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wonder if that is still the case these days. But of course it doesnt matter :pac: Billionaire or no billionaire ol' Vincent is minted :p

Yeah I'd say vince has the price of a slice pan and a litre of milk in the bank.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say vince has the price of a slice pan and a litre of milk in the bank.

Likes to stuff his matress, does he? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Any update on Billy Gunn? He was hospitalized after he started coughing up after the match. I'd heard it wasn't collapsed lung, but nothing on WWE.com yet.

Deadlie wrote: »
    Any update on Billy Gunn? He was hospitalized after he started coughing up after the match. I'd heard it wasn't collapsed lung, but nothing on WWE.com yet.

Was probably out on the lash the night before. Bad hangover :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christian wasn't able to compete in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXX because he hasn't been cleared of the concussion he suffered at RAW in Brooklyn. Christian's future was a hot topic backstage at WrestleMania last night. There is still no timetable for his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

All the old fogies are dropping like flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Deadlie wrote: »

He burst a few blood vessels in his lung. Not thought to be serious though

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Christian wasn't able to compete in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXX because he hasn't been cleared of the concussion he suffered at RAW in Brooklyn. Christian's future was a hot topic backstage at WrestleMania last night. There is still no timetable for his return.

Hasnt he had a few concussions in recent years? Think he needs to consider calling it a day if they are racking up like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Hasnt he had a few concussions in recent years? Think he needs to consider calling it a day if they are racking up like this.

Think he's had two or three quite recently, hopefully he does the sensible thing and calls it a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I think it was the bump he took outside the ring. Lesnar was holding his leg, Taker took a back bump on the black mat, head bounced.

The modern day Savage and Elizabeth call it quits:
    https://twitter.com/WWEFandango/status/453656559025786881

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Now for the long awaited return of classy dancer lady!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement