Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm surprised John isn't amongst the groomsmen, unless I iz blind.

I'm more surprised that Nigel McGuinness isn't there by the looks of things...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I'm more surprised that Nigel McGuinness isn't there by the looks of things...

Probably didn't remember.

^going to hell

Apparently Cena, Cesaro, Kidd and Jimmy Uso were there. No idea who else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Looks like Cena's big head in between first two bridesmaids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Looks like Cena's big head in between first two bridesmaids.

:D

That's what I thought. I just reckoned that Nikki would get John amidst that 4/5 man team of groomsmen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

are those the ashes of his dog he is holding? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That's definitely not Nigel 2nd from last on the right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

3 big stories today

F4WOnline.com

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns is being set up for this year's WWE Summerslam. The seeds were reportedly planted after Reigns speared Triple H this week on WWE Raw. Their feud is expected to continue throughout the summer.

Two names are being mentioned for a match with Brock Lesnar at next year's Wrestlemania 31. One name mentioned is The Rock, who was previously rumored to be Lesnar's opponent at WrestleMania 30. Another name being discussed is Cesaro, who also has Paul Heyman as his manager on TV at the moment.

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross was added as a late addition to appear at WrestleMania Axxess this year. He also was in the front row at this year's Hall of Fame induction ceremony. There are said to be rumblings in the WWE about wanting to make nice with Ross so he does not join Jeff Jarrett's new wrestling promotion, Global Force Wrestling. In addition, some believed that Ross was a possibility to do commentary for The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar match, but those plans did not go through.

Regarding the latter:

So they have no use for JR and fire him for some bullshít reason, but then they're scared he's going to go somewhere else. If you think he has value and don't want him on the competition, then why was he fired?

The WWE is a teenage girl.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

John Gaburick ‏
    He has been in TNA since day one. Proud to announce the signing of @Cowboy_J_Storm to a multi-year deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I assumed they would have done their actual wedding and then another one for the show. I just can't imagine her actually wanting to invite Eva Marie to her wedding.

they have been hanging out alot over the last few months with Total Divas, so could have formed a friendship. Hell I met Eva for a few minutes at the partners reception at mania and i realised she is nothing like the character she portrays on either show, she is actually a real sweetheart! so it is not beyond the realms of possibility!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

they have been hanging out alot over the last few months with Total Divas, so could have formed a friendship. Hell I met Eva for a few minutes at the partners reception at mania and i realised she is nothing like the character she portrays on either show, she is actually a real sweetheart! so it is not beyond the realms of possibility!

Wait, you mean they're just acting and it's all fake?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As it appears sting has signed (or is all but signed) id hate to see taker and sting. Ive only been half keeping up with sting and what he was doing in TNA but the impression seems to be he can't have a good match now. And taker looked in bits at mania. I don't think it was all him selling either. I know he was hurt but still he just seems done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

In front of the right crowd with the right opponent Sting can still have a hell of a match. See his match vs. Austin Aries last year for reference. The man moves remarkably well for 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

In front of the right crowd with the right opponent Sting can still have a hell of a match. See his match vs. Austin Aries last year for reference. The man moves remarkably well for 55.

Really ? Jesus he doesn't look it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Undertaker has always needed to be carried to a good match.

LOL. Horseshít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Degag wrote: »
    LOL. Horseshít.

Make a list of all his best matches and you will find he was in the ring with a better worker: Foley, Bret, Shawn, Angle, Trips and Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Wrestlemania 23-Him vs Batista. Batista was a good wrestler but definitely not a ring general!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Wrestlemania 23-Him vs Batista. Batista was a good wrestler but definitely not a ring general!

I'll give you that one. His matches with Batista in 2007 were very good.

That's the thing. He does move great for his age in fairness to him. At 55 he moves 10 times better than Hogan did when he came back in 2002. He was around 48/49 at the time. As Ive said I know it's unpopular but I would love to see him have a match in the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brie_04112014_af101219.jpg

I thought he'd shave the beard for the wedding

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought he'd shave the beard for the wedding

Didn't he say he'd shave his beard when he won the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Make a list of all his best matches and you will find he was in the ring with a better worker: Foley, Bret, Shawn, Angle, Trips and Edge.

Even if your list is correct (which I don't think it is) being in a match with a better worker doesn't necessarily mean that worker has to "carry" you.

I would say in most cases, having to be carried will result in a poorer match - A truly great match will only result in one because both participants work together.

RUMOUR :pac:
    Is Rosa Mendes dating WWE backstage authority Michael Hayes?

During a recent episode of MLW Radio, the hosts implied that the veteran WWE Diva is indeed involved in a relationship with the 55-year-old eccentric retired wrestler.

After show host and former WWE creative writer Court Bauer said that the finish to the Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania XXX was reminiscent of Hayes’ past creative decisions for WWE, fellow co-host Mister Saint Laurent asked, “What was his girlfriend dressed as in that Divas match?” — Mendes was among the fourteen participants in The Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational won by AJ Lee. Konnan then asked, “Which one’s his girlfriend?” Laurent replied Mendes. Konnan noted that he heard from within WWE that Hayes was going on about her dyed blonde locks to co-workers, and compared her look to that of 1950s and 1960s sex symbol Marilyn Monroe.

The 34-year-old has been linked to Hayes in the past. In October, the Fabulous Freebird founder was suspended by WWE for being spotted drinking with Mendes shortly after she had completed a rehabilitation program. The prior April, she was dismissed from WWE’s tour of Europe for what was cited by the sports-entertainment organization to online wrestling news outlets as “personal reasons”, and then entered rehab. WWE framed Hayes’ absence to the wrestling media as: “Michael is taking a leave of absence for personal reasons.”

Hayes drinking with Mendes was reported by Bauer on MLW Radio, who stated: “Because of this lapse in judgment, he was told he’d be basically suspended from school for a few weeks. He’s not going anywhere; he’s still in the company. He’s still very much involved, so it’s not the end of Michael Hayes.”

Rumors of Mendes having a physical relationship with Hayes actually date back to 2011. A few months after Chris Masters was released from WWE, he posted a blind item on his Twitter account alleging that a female member of the SmackDown roster maintains sexual relations with Hayes in order to keep her job.

“So if I had to tell you one smackdown diva who gave freebird hayes an “Oral” agreement to keep her job, who’d you guess?” Masters wrote on October 30, 2011.

Many wrestling fans online believed the individual to be Mendes considering her lack of worth to the company after several years of gainful employment.

Similar allegations regarding sexual politics in the WWE locker room have been made in recent years as former Diva performer Taryn Terrell (a/k/a Tiffany) remarked in December 2010 that she would not trade sexual favors with individuals in positions of power in order to maintain employment with the sports-entertainment organization.

“No…if I have to sleep with people in power to keep or continue progressing in my job, I’d rather be poor,” she wrote on Twitter in response to a specific question about whether she would return to WWE.

http://wrestlechat.net/?p=485280

I buy it

Total Divas returnes tonight:

BlH767CCEAA5xJG.png

Nattie's coke problem. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jack Swagger briefly won the Intercontinental Title from Big E during last night's live event in Hidalgo, TX. The match was restarted, however, by GM Brad Maddox, after it was discovered that Big E's leg was under the ropes during the three count.

WWE.com is noting Nikki Bella, Cameron, Naomi, Natalya, Eva Marie, John Cena, Tyson Kidd, Jimmy Uso and Cesaro were in attendance for Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella's wedding at the L'Auberge de Sedona resort and spa in Sedona, Arizona on Friday.
    It's also being said WWE NXT trainer Sara Del Rey was in attendance for the wedding as well, as she is rumored to be currently dating Cesaro. Bryan and Cesaro have been friends for years dating back to their ROH days.

Let's continue on the Diva with Eva Mendes getting married today and Mickie James now pregnant posting this:
    ZBNeniB.jpg

I should take a job with VIP magazine.

rovert wrote: »

I wouldn't, jaysus.

I wouldn't, jaysus.

Been hinted at here and there since 2011.

That is seriously disturbing.

No idea why Rosa would have to do that. She always had enough sass about her to be a worthwhile valet. No need to be sleeping around with creeps like Hayes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Does this mean she'll be inducting him into HoF 2015?

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement