Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Money for old rope.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

And while I'm at it,please don't ask me questions in wrestling lingo.Unless you're a pro you come off like a mug.

I can see his point. Like if I were meeting Regal and someone in front of me said "Oh hi, Darren", it'd be embarrassing. I guess it depends on the level of intelligence & context though - like "Do you think Drew McIntyre could be a draw if he was pushed?" would be fine but "Ugh Cena job?! Nah he's working da sheetz, gas gone to his brian lol" would be a crime against both wrestling and English.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

It's still real to him dammit!

Takes it seriously? He kissed Vince McMahon's arse. Erm, once more: he pressed his lips against Vince McMahon's arse. C'mon. He works in a wrestling company with people who have been waffling on for years about how the WWE is just like movies or TV shows with scripts, characters, actors, producers etc. and he gets miffed about someone using insider terms. It's ridiculous particularly since there's a whole cottage industry that has built up around wrestlers making money from books or DVD interviews revealing the inside workings of the business. The cat is out of the bag I'm afraid.

And uh, yeah I would talk to a plumber using plumbing terms - erm, pipes and water? - or use the correct lingo when speaking to a doctor about related matters, ask Steven Spielberg about camera setups etc.

I don't think he means fans who know its predetermined. Its more the twats who use the lingo to wrestlers despite never being in the business, or use real names to the wrestlers just because they read it on Wikipedia.

And you can ask a doctor what the issue is with your kidney, or why you're peeing blood. You're unlikely to ask him how severe is your case of streptococcal glomerulonephritis, basing his answer on how high your enzyme levels are, just because you read a report on kidney diseases online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I don't think he means fans who know its predetermined. Its more the twats who use the lingo to wrestlers despite never being in the business, or use real names to the wrestlers just because they read it on Wikipedia.

And you can ask a doctor what the issue is with your kidney, or why you're peeing blood. You're unlikely to ask him how severe is your case of streptococcal glomerulonephritis, basing his answer on how high your enzyme levels are, just because you read a report on kidney diseases online.

He's a professional wrestler, not a medical doctor!! They're not even close to comparable. It's not terribly difficult to understand. I like him but he needs to get real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I can see his point. Like if I were meeting Regal and someone in front of me said "Oh hi, Darren", it'd be embarrassing. I guess it depends on the level of intelligence & context though - like "Do you think Drew McIntyre could be a draw if he was pushed?" would be fine but "Ugh Cena job?! Nah he's working da sheetz, gas gone to his brian lol" would be a crime against both wrestling and English.

The context here is someone asked him on Twitter if he botched a move in a match with Punk, then he got pissy and said he doesn't know what a botch is, then said people who use insider terms are mugs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Regal is basically talking through his hole, firstly something like botch is a pretty generic term. Secondly on the names argument, if you went to a Q&A or meet and greet or seomthing with say an actor would you use the name of the character they play? No. No you would not.

I like him but this is making him seem like a pissy moany old foagy.

Layla's back and by back I mean arse.

Shocking study reveals Women are portrayed poorly in WWE storylines:
    http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=518eda46-8b08-4d2f-8ce3-6e22bdf62bba

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

"The WWE has athletic, strong and entertaining female athletes but I'm afraid..." *whips off wig* "I've got some baaaad neeeews!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

rovert wrote: »
    Shocking study reveals Women are portrayed poorly in WWE storylines:
    http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=518eda46-8b08-4d2f-8ce3-6e22bdf62bba

Second I saw that, I immediately thought of AJ Lee. Looking back at her storylines with Punk and Daniel Bryan, or Dolph Ziggler and the fact that she's been made to look like a sl*t who sleeps around to get what she wants, and to the top it seems.

I would say women in general are portrayed poorly in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First the news breaks that water is wet and now this? What other shocking news could I possibly hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

CastorTroy wrote: »
    First the news breaks that water is wet and now this? What other shocking news could I possibly hear?

Wrestling is fake?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

CastorTroy wrote: »

I hear Germany have invaded Poland also.

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I hear Germany have invaded Poland also.

Will anyone notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Will anyone notice?

Nah storm in a teacup I reckon.

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Nah storm in a teacup I reckon.

I'l take your word for it.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

WWE has some new show ideas for the Network, but one is better than all the rest put together.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/461999-wwe-proposes-8-new-reality-shows-for-the-wwe-network
    Blackman's Bounties – Former WWE star and legit badass Steve Blackman reality series following his bounty hunting team based out of Harrisburg, PA. Think Dog the Bounty Hunter.

NXT: Behind the Scenes – A reality series following the talents trying to make it out of the Performance Center and to the main roster, looking at their work, their personal lives and the fraternity of the NXT brand, including the heartbreak of being cut. So, it's Tough Enough-esque.

Pros vs. Joes – Pretty much the same as the old SpikeTV series, pitting WWE talents against an average person in physical and non physical challenges. The non physical challenges listed included an air guitar competition. The physical challenges were described as similar to American Gladiators.

Six seasons and a movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Black woman throws glass at Blackman

Blackman shocked then angered "That Bitch threw a Glass at me, get down here and I pound your fat ass"

More personality he shows here then he did in his WWF run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

That Blackman show looks f***ing amazing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

OMG, this is literally the best idea ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Ruubot2 wrote: »

If they're gonna have a king, they're gonna need to have a Prince.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Clemantis wrote: »

i-see-what-you-did-there.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Clemantis wrote: »

Do we really need more Hornswoggle?

More Ronda Rousey Rasslin:

http://instagram.com/p/l2-e0JhEUZ/

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Hart on women's Wrestling:
    "It's never been better. I mean who ever got a boner watching The Fabulous Moolah"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I can't think of many ****+ matches H had that didn't involve weapons or some ott gimmick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I can't think of many ****+ matches H had that didn't involve weapons or some ott gimmick.

The Benoit/HBK triple threat jumps to mind, and the tag match with Austin against Y2J And Benoit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement