Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

MrMac84 wrote: »
    No Punk on the list makes me sad
    I can't say the same. If WWE don't know where they stand with him, they can't be expected to keep him up there in a "top guy" position he may not return to.

Or this is part of the work :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Surprised Bray Wyatt isnt on it. Maybe they've given up on him? :D

Wishful thinking :)
    I am hoping they have plans for Cesaro after his no doubt letdown feud with Swagger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Angron wrote: »
    I can't say the same. If WWE don't know where they stand with him, they can't be expected to keep him up there in a "top guy" position he may not return to.

Or this is part of the work :P

Of course a guy who "quit" cant really be named as a future star, they'd seem a bit mad ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DeclansKidney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Surprised Bray Wyatt isnt on it. Maybe they've given up on him? :D
    I think that list is based on stuff like projected merch sales or deals that they would pitch to investors, toy companies or whatever. Can't see Bray shifting too many units of toys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

WWE have always been high and Sheamus and so they should be.

Irish bias aside, he is a hell of a worker, busts his ass, decent on the mic and he has a unique look that makes him standout.

He's got a few years left in the tank and he's very deserving of any push he gets. I do want to see him turn heel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

"This well-placed source said any transaction may value WWE at between $2.6 and $2.8bn."

Fcuking hell! There was talk of TNA going for about $10m. Thats quite a difference between the two, and people wonder why TNA arent on the same level?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

"This well-placed source said any transaction may value WWE at between $2.6 and $2.8bn."

Fcuking hell! There was talk of TNA going for about $10m. Thats quite a difference between the two, and people wonder why TNA arent on the same level?

$10m??? Jesus. Imagine, WCW was bought for $2.5m

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    $10m??? Jesus. Imagine, WCW was bought for $2.5m

They denied it was for sale so that is just the number that "experts" were throwing around. Seems reasonable now considering how much WWE would cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nattie is as interesting as watching paint dry. Nobody on the current roster deserve to take the title from AJ right now. There best option is rotting in NXT.

I would have Nattie win the title at WM (she would be a better champ than Nikki imo) turn heel the following night on Raw and have Paige debut then too

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would have Nattie win the title at WM (she would be a better champ than Nikki imo) turn heel the following night on Raw and have Paige debut then too

You're forgetting Total Divas. Eva Marie isnt at all likable but is a babyface because she is on Total Divas. Bellas are perfect heels, but Total Divas means they are automatically babyfaces. Nattie is the same.

Let AJ keep the title since she is miles above everybody else on the main roster, including Nattie, while building up Paige. Have them both go unbeaten and build to a big first time meeting at Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

This is rubbish. AMC are apparently one of the companies interested in the TV rights not in buying the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sheamus as Cassidy and John Cena as Jesse in the AMC adaptation of Preacher confirmed. :D

And sure may as well go with the rest: Nikki as Tulip, Big Show as Herr Starr, HHH as SoK and Daniel Bryan as Goatface(PG remember?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Will Bryan be walking down that aisle as Champion?
    During an interview to promote the debut of Total Divas' second season on E!'s website, Brie Bella noted her wedding to Daniel Bryan would take place on Friday 4/11, a week after Wrestlemania 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He needs to "Yes!" his way down the aisle when he's getting married.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sheamus as Cassidy and John Cena as Jesse in the AMC adaptation of Preacher confirmed. :D

And sure may as well go with the rest: Nikki as Tulip, Big Show as Herr Starr, HHH as SoK and Daniel Bryan as Goatface(PG remember?)

Come off it man. Clearly, Taker was born to be SoK.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There's another rumour that Mickie James is pregnant too.

An indy booking the other week being changed from a match to Mickie refereeing and her being totally and completely ruling out of returning to TNA yesterday seem to be the biggest "tells" of this story being true.

Heard the Mickie thing alright but also heard it before and it wasnt true.

• Advertisement

PW's non in-ring talent related Diva's thread's Layla made her WWE return teaming with Alicia Fox to take on Natalya and Eva Marie at a live event in Texas last night:

laylareturn.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Not really news but check out JBL's twitter feed https://twitter.com/JCLayfield :)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Whosthis wrote: »
    Not really news but check out JBL's twitter feed https://twitter.com/JCLayfield :)

"There goes Sheamus, fightin' all the way from Temple Bar... there's something about those Irish - They love to fight, Maggul!... The Irish Won the 6 National with a fightin' spirit like Sheamus'... Fighting Sheamus loves a brawl.... Irish... Fight... Maggul..."

I like JBL more than I should, but I cringe every time he mentions the Irish.

I lol'd that he was asking for a stream and someone trolled him about PPV streams :pac:

On the subject of wrestlers on the tweet machine, William Regal isn't impressed with smarks using carny lingo.
    And while I'm at it,please don't ask me questions in wrestling lingo.Unless you're a pro you come off like a mug.
    https://twitter.com/RealKingRegal/status/444328070535999488?p=v

He looks the mug what with recent booking aimed at working teh smarks and teh interwebz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

On the subject of wrestlers on the tweet machine, William Regal isn't impressed with smarks using carny lingo.

https://twitter.com/RealKingRegal/status/444328070535999488?p=v

He looks the mug what with recent booking aimed at working teh smarks and teh interwebz.
    Yeah one of the most respected people in wrestling looks a mug because he still takes it seriously.If you listen to interviews he doesn't like that everyone knows the inner working of the business.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Yeah one of the most respected people in wrestling looks a mug because he still takes it seriously.

Then Lance Storm, F4WOnline biweekly radio show guest agreed with him.

Then every insecure indy worker on the planet did.

People should respect performers and Regal is in the elite of his profession but too many Wrestlers do act like they had a Phd in Psychology or something when really they just learnt how to fall backwards while tucking their chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

rovert wrote: »
    Then Lance Storm, F4WOnline biweekly radio show guest agreed with him.

Then every insecure indy worker on the planet did.

People should respect performers and Regal is in the elite of his profession but too many Wrestlers do act like they had a Phd in Psychology or something when really they just leant how to fall backwards while tucking their chin.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this but the way Regal comes off is very old school and on Austins podcast you could tell he felt a bit uncomfortable talking about stuff which any of us wouldn't think twice about discussing.

couldn't care less what Storm has to say haven't listened to his show in months and stopped following him on twitter cause he's one of the most negative ****ers you could come across,same goes to any random indy guy but i can see where someone with Regal's mindset is coming from.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Yeah one of the most respected people in wrestling looks a mug because he still takes it seriously.If you listen to interviews he doesn't like that everyone knows the inner working of the business.

It's still real to him dammit!

Takes it seriously? He kissed Vince McMahon's arse. Erm, once more: he pressed his lips against Vince McMahon's arse. C'mon. He works in a wrestling company with people who have been waffling on for years about how the WWE is just like movies or TV shows with scripts, characters, actors, producers etc. and he gets miffed about someone using insider terms. It's ridiculous particularly since there's a whole cottage industry that has built up around wrestlers making money from books or DVD interviews revealing the inside workings of the business. The cat is out of the bag I'm afraid.

And uh, yeah I would talk to a plumber using plumbing terms - erm, pipes and water? - or use the correct lingo when speaking to a doctor about related matters, ask Steven Spielberg about camera setups etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Jim Cornette did a pretty decent AMA on r/SquaredCircle yesterday

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/20mxqs/i_am_jim_cornette_ama/

7CHnM4.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement