Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Henry is one of the best big men going. Big E could be great too if WWE get behind him. Provided its an actual match, I wouldnt mind seeing them go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-soundboard-kane-makes-everything-terrifying

No rumour, just a bit of fun with the Big Red Machine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

After a zillion false dawns Sami Callihan's contract has been signed and executed by WWE:

Yay!

So for the indys that leaves the top guys as Steen, Cole, Elgin......... Gargano?

Getting to be very slim pickings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    So for the indys that leaves the top guys as Steen, Cole, Elgin......... Gargano?

Getting to be very slim pickings.

Jay Lethal and Davey Richards too assuming he isn't planning on retiring again.
    I really do wonder what WWE plan on doing with these guys. I keep reading you won't get the call up until they have long term plans but watching the show i'd say wwe don't know what they are doing next week nevermind the next few months.

• Advertisement

Fcuk Davey :pac:

Forgot Lethal, at a stretch Eddie Edwards too. Every one else is signed up or gone to Japan.

As for getting called up, Christian has been sitting at home for probably close to a year now waiting for something to come up. Hero has been in FCW for far too long also. Cesaro started out well but once his initial story was finished, they had nothing for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,904 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If they used the tag division they could get multiple guys in at the same time, get them on tv, get them over and later, if the time is right, split them up to compete as single wrestlers and repeat the process with a new team.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If they used the tag division they could get multiple guys in at the same time, get them on tv, get them over and later, if the time is right, split them up to compete as single wrestlers and repeat the process with a new team.

That means splitting up either the Shield or Hell No. WWE cant have more than two worthwhile teams at the one time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

CastorTroy wrote: »

Cecaro is like Mr Perfect, too good in the ring

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Fcuk Davey :pac:

As for getting called up, Christian has been sitting at home for probably close to a year now waiting for something to come up.

Christian was injuried for most of that year. He was only cleared to wrestle back in late February. Still a crying shame to have someone as talented as him sitting on his ass at home waiting for a call up. There's literally hundreds of things they can get him involved in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Loughc wrote: »
    Christian was injuried for most of that year. He was only cleared to wrestle back in late February. Still a crying shame to have someone as talented as him sitting on his ass at home waiting for a call up. There's literally hundreds of things they can get him involved in.

Maybe this prolonged period of rest might extend his career by a couple of years when he finally does come back.

It must be very frustrating for him however and costing him money as well. I'm not sure what his deal is but I'd imagine he's only being paid his downside guarantee when sitting at home.

An additional hook from a Raw next month with serious lolz potential:
    The "Bret Hart Appreciation Night" episode of WWE Raw on May 27 will include Shawn Michaels, according to the ScotiaBank Saddledome arena website.

Advertising reads: "Bret 'The Hitman Hart' and 'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels will reunite in Canada for the 1st time in over 15 years. This is one moment you don’t want to miss!"

Michaels was already advertised for the weekend house show tour in Utah and Canada (May 24-26) leading into the Memorial Day Raw from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

would have preferred if they were doing it in the Bell Centre in Montreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Haven't seen a whole bunch of Callihan but i can't say I like him would rate Gargano a lot higher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

A Christian/Ziggler feud for the WHC would be class,though I prefer Christian as a heel.

Maybe they're saving his return for MITB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Weirdly, Digital Spy have as their TV headline right now...

TNA boss Dixie Carter: 'I'm open to WWE crossover event'

TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter has told Digital Spy that she is open to the idea of a WWE/TNA crossover event, where the two rival organisations have their stars go head-to-head.

Carter, who has visited the UK to promote TNA's 2014 British tour, said that she enjoys the rivalry with WWE, arguing that it benefits both companies and - most importantly - the fans.

"I don't think [the WWE] shares my belief in this, but I believe that competition is 100% positively essential," she told Digital Spy.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/news/a482527/tna-boss-dixie-carter-im-open-to-wwe-crossover-event.html

I'm sure WWE would jump at the chance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just keep your mouth shut Dixie,Jesus like!

Oh and WWE is giving Chris Nowinski $1.2 million to research concussions and brain trauma.Fair play to them,even if it is only for PR reasons.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2013/05/16/wwe-concussions-chris-nowinski-research-sports-legacy-institute-cte/2178667/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Weirdly, Digital Spy have as their TV headline right now...

TNA boss Dixie Carter: 'I'm open to WWE crossover event'

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/news/a482527/tna-boss-dixie-carter-im-open-to-wwe-crossover-event.html

I'm sure WWE would jump at the chance :rolleyes:

I like how she keeps saying rivals when they're anything but.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like how she keeps saying rivals when they're anything but.

Delusions of grandeur?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Riddle101

As Jake Roberts once said. TNA will always be third stream, because there is no second stream against WWE. WWE wouldn't really benefit from it, but TNA would which is the reason why Dixie said that.

That being said, the fan inside me would love to see this, and I think a lot of fans would too, but it won't happen. Then again WWE did work with ECW in the past so I guess you could say never say never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Riddle101 wrote: »
    WWE wouldn't really benefit from it, but TNA would which is the reason why Dixie said that.

I'm pretty sure WWE would benefit from being able to book a show (or series of shows) with Sting vs. 'Taker, Hardy vs. Cena, Angle vs. Bryan, Styles vs. Mysterio and Punk vs. Joe. It'll never happen but from a business standpoint it'd make a lot of sense for both sides (though of course it would be more beneficial to TNA).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm pretty sure WWE would benefit from being able to book a show (or series of shows) with Sting vs. 'Taker, Hardy vs. Cena, Angle vs. Bryan, Styles vs. Mysterio and Punk vs. Joe. It'll never happen but from a business standpoint it'd make a lot of sense for both sides (though of course it would be more beneficial to TNA).

But would WWE allow any of theirs job to anyone in TNA?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How would they benefit from one show? Unless WWE got to keep all the money and not pay any of the TNA guys I don't see how a one off would benefit them at all.

A Serge vs Shane McMahon Street Fight would be epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Just keep your mouth shut Dixie,Jesus like!

Oh and WWE is giving Chris Nowinski $1.2 million to research concussions and brain trauma.Fair play to them,even if it is only for PR reasons.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2013/05/16/wwe-concussions-chris-nowinski-research-sports-legacy-institute-cte/2178667/

Terrible conflict of interest there. What happens if they don't like his findings?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Dixie on WWE Crossover event : Of course she'd want it. In 8 years TNA have gained about 100,000 fans and quartered their PPV buyers. It's up to TNA to become competition, not WWE. Hogan and Sting, top babyfaces brother. Main event heel faction filled with nobodies who constantly job, jack!

WWE funding Nowinski research : They already can guess the findings: Wrestling & repetitive small concussive bumps build up over time. It's in wrestlers and WWE's interest for WWE to get on board. Triple H is smart enough to know WWE have to cover their ass; to be part of the solution rather than denying it. Nowinski will have probably devastating conclusions, it's just a matter of time. And it matters a whole lot to what side WWE will be on when it goes public. At least this way for a small chunk of change to them, the findings will have a much smaller negative impact on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Terrible conflict of interest there. What happens if they don't like his findings?

Conflict of interests? As in it's in their interest to what exactly???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Interesting that they do that donation days after the Dolph concussion, has any new info came out about his injury?

Also, saw this on Vince's twitter, kinda strange. Is there just an intern posting the occasional pointless soundbite?
    Because of the risk of injury, I will be crossing my fingers until #ExtremeRules is over on Sunday

Expect a very tame Extreme Rules PPV. Gut shows and back shots ahoy. Sheamus vs Henry probably would have been Chair match a few years ago.

• Advertisement

WWE's new head writer, Adam Rudman, is already out of the company. The news was originally reported by SEScoops.com and independently confirmed by PWTorch today.

Rudman lasted six weeks in the company after replacing Eric Pankowski, who left the company prior to WrestleMania and recently landed at CBS.

PWTorch has learned that Rudman's removal occurred last Friday. According to sources, when Redman was first hired six weeks ago, once people met him, they did not think he would last in WWE.

The consensus was that Redman was a bad fit in WWE because he did not have knowledge about pro wrestling.

Anyone looking for Summer work. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement