Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

He says he makes over 6 figures a year from it. I wonder is that high or low, anyone have an idea or ballpark figure of Observer subscribers?

Id say if it wasnt in the article, we wont be finding out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

He says he makes over 6 figures a year from it. I wonder is that high or low, anyone have an idea or ballpark figure of Observer subscribers?

The newsletter merged with F4WOnline in 2008 so you have to account for that. Print newsletters are still his sole gig.

2-4,000 subscribers probably isn't unreasonable. You can multiply that by $11 per month then by 12 for the months in the year. You have to account for Bryan Alvarez's share, server costs etc. He also has a writing gig at MMAFighting.com too.

Post the merger Bryan moved from a cramped apartment to a larger property, got married and then bought a summer home. So Bryan has done well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

WWE.com are reporting rumours that Heyman is on the verge of recruiting a third client in the wwe locker room.

Any ideas as to who it may be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

WWE.com are reporting rumours that Heyman is on the verge of recruiting a third client in the wwe locker room.

Haven't a clue but would love somebody like Kidd or Gabriel under Heyman.

Could it be Ryder(Dear god I hope it's not)?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nah, I don't see it being Kidd. As far as I know, he's still out injured, and will be for some time.

• Advertisement

Probably just an article.

Corey Graves or Bar Wyatt would be my geuss

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

I think punk will be revealed as the leader of the shield at some stage this year, makes sense as it seems a lot of people have forgotten that whole angle.

sockmo wrote: »
    I think punk will be revealed as the leader of the shield at some stage this year, makes sense as it seems a lot of people have forgotten that whole angle.

Too obvious and they dont need him

They have gone beyond the need for a leader now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

RVD maybe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Scott Steiner hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Corey Graves or Bar Wyatt would be my geuss

i think Wyatt will stay on NXT as long as his 'family' remain tag team champs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Jake Roberts Tells FOX Sports He Will be in the 2014 Royal Rumble

FOX Sports South has posted a new article looking at DDP helping Jake "The Snake" Roberts resurrect his health and career, and the following is an article excerpt:

“’This is it. If you don’t get it done, you’re going to die,’” Roberts, who retired from wrestling in 2011, remembered saying to himself. “I mean, when you want to die, you can shut yourself down to that point. There’s no doubt in my mind I could do that to myself to die. Give up.”

Roberts pointed around the corner where at an ornate dining room table sat Diamond Dallas Page, who was finishing off his lunch, an open MacBook Pro in front of him. He was poring over his latest emails, words of thanks and gratitude coming from another satisfied customer. Page pointed to the screen, beaming.

“Every day, this guy is getting stronger and stronger,” Page said. “He’s like, ‘How is that happening?’”

A three-time world champion and WCW and WWE star who retired in ‘09, Page has become something so very different than the pomp and circumstance of the world where he made his name with his finishing move, The Diamond Cutter, and the self-high five. He is now a fitness guru, the man behind DDP Yoga.

“I’m announcing that right now,” he said. “I’ll be in the Royal Rumble next year, count on it… I worked too hard in this business to go out that way. So I guess we’re going to have to take a victory lap. I’m definitely coming back.”

Can't see it happening myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Would mark the fup out if it did though

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

He will not be. He also said the same thing to The FightNetwork/ John Pollock over WrestleMania weekend. But it's great that he has such high goals. Anything to keep him motivated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mania...NO
    Rumble...Maybe...

It's pro wrestling,stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A few minutes in the Rumble as a farewell would be cool.

I'd mark like **** if it counted down and then "Do you trust me?"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    – At this time there is talk of Big E Langston wrestling Mark Henry in a “Battle of the Strongmen” at SummerSlam.

– The winner of the Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio #1 Contender’s match at Extreme Rules will be getting his title shot against Dolph Ziggler on an upcoming RAW or SmackDown. The reason for this is because the company reportedly has plans in place for the upcoming PPVs already and do not want to alter them.

At this time, Christian is expected to return following the WWE Extreme Rules PPV.

He has been medically cleared for months now, but his TV return has been delayed due to WWE creative simply not having anything in place for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Big E vs Henry, jesus christ i'd pay 25 bucks if it meant that it never will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Would love Jake to do it and to bring his snake back with him, WWE needs to bring animals back into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

montyrebel wrote: »
    Would love Jake to do it and to bring his snake back with him, WWE needs to bring animals back into it

Some kind of interaction with Santino and his Cobra would be gold.

i think Wyatt will stay on NXT as long as his 'family' remain tag team champs

he might bring his own faction

how class would that be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

GTR63 wrote: »
    Big E vs Henry, jesus christ i'd pay 25 bucks if it meant that it never will happen.
    Would you prefer a strong man against a small man?

Big men vs big men makes more sense to me. Otherwise Mark Henry just looks unstoppable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Some kind of interaction with Santino and his Cobra would be gold.
    I can see a Dundee moment here "That's not a snake; THIS is a snake"...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

montyrebel wrote: »

Was it the 96 Rumble he returned with a monster of a snake?

EDIT:

Sami Zayn (El Generico) has been told to slow down and not do so many high spots. The feeling is he’s really good, very intelligent, good promos (which nobody knew about) and they like the spots he does but not to do so many in a match. Plus, there is fear that even though he’s not showing the signs of it today since he’s still young, that all the bumps and crazy moves he did already could catch up to him if he doesn’t tone it down, and longevity once he makes the main roster is what the company would be hoping for and is best for him financially.

Source: Wrestling Observer

Blasphemy

El_generico___ROH_by_Paynexkiller.gif

brainbustah.gif

tumblr_mlw1wxihX31soy2w4o1_400.gif

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd much rather see Jake back in a manager/creative role if he is going to be back, a once off rumble appearance would be cool though as a farewell. That being said if he ever did return as an on air talent would being on the road again be a temptation to go back to his old ways? not being an active in ring performer may curb that but it'd be awful to see him fall off the wagon after how well he's been doing lately.

I'd expect another dvd at some point next year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

xpletiv wrote: »
    Would you prefer a strong man against a small man?

Big men vs big men makes more sense to me. Otherwise Mark Henry just looks unstoppable.

I'd prefer the match never happens, I don't fancy seeing two guys belly bump ever again in my lifetime.

• Advertisement

A face Big E vs Henry would be good craic.

Henry's brilliant these days,and if Big E turns face on Ziggler he could catch on as a face I'd say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement