Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hunico,JTG,Di Biase,Swagger,Riley,Big Zeke,Tensai,Mason Ryan,Hawkins and Perfect Jnr will be on their way to the American dole office soon enough too I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hunico,JTG,Di Biase,Swagger,Riley,Big Zeke,Tensai,Mason Ryan,Hawkins and Perfect Jnr will be on their way to the American dole office soon enough too I'd say.

I doubt most of them. Zeke and Hawkins are injured for example.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

As is Hunico, Mason Ryan is just back from Injury at the last NXT tapings. They are talking about signing experienced people so I doubt they are letting Tensai go considering his experience.

Although others look likely I'd rather not speculate on that kind of thing.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    No loss there, especially not with the talent they have been signing lately.

Wrong opinion. :p I thought he was rather great and he will rip it up on the indies. Dolph agrees

28s79km.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

rovert wrote: »
    I doubt most of them. Zeke and Hawkins are injured for example.

Never stopped WWE before!

• Advertisement

Never stopped WWE before!

Yeah let's pick an example from 10 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Looks like Hogan will be court and maybe a nice payday for him as well.

http://news.sky.com/story/1037953/hogan-surgeons-could-have-ended-my-career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I miss Torrie :(

I miss dawn :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Looks like Hogan will be court and maybe a nice payday for him as well.

http://news.sky.com/story/1037953/hogan-surgeons-could-have-ended-my-career

Hulk Hogan is probably on first name basis with a lot of Judges by now, with the amount of times he's been in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Hulk Hogan is probably on first name basis with a lot of Judges by now, with the amount of times he's been in court.

I hope they call him by his proper name and not Hulk Hogan... Terry.

A tag team is back on WWE's radar according to the Wrestling Observer:
    Sami Callihan, Ricky Reyes and The Briscoe Brothers Mark & Jay will be attending the WWE developmental three-day tryout camp in Florida at the end of this month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If WWE gets them and the MCMG they have a fully working tag team division right there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Are the MCMG's on the move?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

A tag team is back on WWE's radar according to the Wrestling Observer:

I thought Jay and Mark were not cosmetically pleasing enough for the WWE?:o

Are the MCMG's on the move?

No. The only moving Sabin is doing these days is on one leg. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No. The only moving Sabin is doing these days is on one leg. :P

didnt he blow out his acl again just after returning from acl injury?What are the Briscoe's like?

What are the Briscoe's like?

A hillbilly version of the Dudleys but smaller and more athletic if you want a rough guide. Their biggest strength are probably thread promos:

Guess the picture is coming true:
    tumblr_m09t45ZJlv1qj3iff.jpg

ROH must be in serious trouble if the Briscoe's are looking at leaving.

• Advertisement

ROH must be in serious trouble if the Briscoe's are looking at leaving.

Not financially outwardly at least. But ROH last year cut 2011's show schedule by like a third in 2012 as the shows in new markets where they have TV weren't drawing. When meant obviously a decrease in pay for the Wrestlers. Initially when Sinclair bought ROH they envisioned that ROH would be doing two shows every second weekend.

I think talent realise what Sinclair is - a low cost provider of television content that doesn't understand Pro Wrestling that isn't going to pump TNA's owner's Panda Energy level money into ROH. At the same time they see the HHH lead cultural change in WWE it comes to indy wrestlers being signed and pushed. The choice to leave isn't all that hard especially given the events of last with the Cornette turmoil and iPPV disasters.

Not financially outwardly at least. But ROH last year cut 2011's show schedule by like a third in 2012 as the shows in new markets where they have TV weren't drawing. When meant obviously a decrease in pay for the Wrestlers. Initially when Sinclair bought ROH they envisioned that ROH would be doing two shows every second weekend.

I think talent realise what Sinclair is - a low cost provider of television content that doesn't understand Pro Wrestling that isn't going to pump TNA's owner's Panda Energy level money into ROH. At the same time they see the HHH lead cultural change in WWE it comes to indy wrestlers being signed and pushed. The choice to leave isn't all that hard especially given the events of last with the Cornette turmoil and iPPV disasters.

I wonder could TNA make a move to purchase Ring of Honor. I don't thing ROH will last very much longer, especially if Kevin Steen leaves. If it ever goes into liquidation, TNA should snatch some of it's wrestlers up.

I wonder could TNA make a move to purchase Ring of Honor. I don't thing ROH will last very much longer, especially if Kevin Steen leaves. If it ever goes into liquidation, TNA should snatch some of it's wrestlers up.

I don't know what they would be buying besides a tape library. TNA don't seem to be great at commericalising their own tape library let alone someone else. I think Sinclair will keep ROH even just as a non-touring TV only product.

If the Briscoes are off, they dont have a lot worth taking. Steen, Cole, Elgin, maybe O'Reilly and Edwards.

It's shocking that Taylor doesnt work for a major promotion. He seems so easy to work with :pac:

Massive over-reaction to the incredibly light tap he got on the sides.

First off I am not a veteran in Pro Wrestling. I am in my 11th year and still pretty young

If you've been in the wrestling business for 11 years, that would make you a veteran.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Story is fake, deleted.
    Edge to join Second Hall of Fame
    From PWTorch
    WWE Hall of Famer Edge (Adam Copeland) has been announced for the 2013 George Tragos/Lou Thesz Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame.

The Tragos/Thesz Hall of Fame announced Edge's inclusion Tuesday, along with headliners Ric Flair and former UFC fighter Matt Hughes. This year's Hall of Fame ceremony is scheduled for July 12-13 in Waterloo, Iowa.

Edge will be receiving the Lou Thesz Award, which is given to an individual who has taken wrestling skills "into the realm of public service." The Hall of Fame also announced that Diamond Dallas Page will be inducted in 2014.

There is a fairly involved history lesson about this that is tough to recap. Essentially Rikidōzan is known as the Father of Japanese Wrestling. He was a ginormous star and cultural figure. The Monday War at it's peak drew about 10% of the viewing audience in America. While some of Rikidōzan matches would draw 60-90% of the viewing audeince in Japan. So he was huge. He was stabbed at age 39 in a nightclub in what is believe to be in revenge for shooting on a rival (Kimura) in a Pro Wrestling match.

Anyway DAVID LEE ROTH released a ballad about this:

Head melted and mind blown.

• Advertisement

In truth I didn't know where to post this so I am posting it here. I've gotten permission to post this by someone who put this together. The lads on the Wrestling Observer forum last year decided to put together a Wrestling annual like the annuals you would receive as a child at Christmas. This is the second edition of it.

Links here:

SendSpace - http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ah044e

FileFactory - http://www.filefactory.com/file/18ozm1ye3uib/n/2012_DKP_PWP_Annual_pdf

Massive 174 page PDF covering major US promotions, US & European indies and Puro. One of the contributors to it is occasional boards poster JamieOD. Serious amount of work put in here by some of the biggest and nicest :) fans I know online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement