Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thanks to Jermey Nicola for sending the following along:

Hey Ryan, I just heard on our local radio station that WWE will hold WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans’ Superdome. The station didn’t have many details other than that the PPV will be in the Superdome in 2014, the first time WrestleMania has been held there.

UPDATE: An official announcement is expected around the time of the Elimination Chamber, which will take place in New Orleans.

This should come as no surprise as we’ve been reporting this here on the website.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/the-wrestlemania-30-location-revealed/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'd be amazed if it wasn't in Madison Square Garden. Mania 1, 10 and 20 have all been at the Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I desperately want it to be in the garden, but two Wrestlemanias back to back in close vicinity of each other just doesn't seem possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

For the last few years I've totally sold myself on the fact they are going to do London sooner or later. Know it's not happening anytime soon but I still get disappointed.

New Orleans will be pretty epic. I'm guess it'll probably be LA or somewhere else on the west coast for 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

With the amount of dough 'Mania pulls in at arenas and stadiums, and the fact that cities are starting to bid on it as a cash-cow similar to the World Cups and whatnot; I don't see the WWE returning to the comparatively dinky MSG, regardless of tradition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Was hoping they'd do Mania 30 in Toronto,always a great crowd there plus I'll probably be in Canada in 2014 so would also be handy for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Was hoping they'd do Mania 30 in Toronto,always a great crowd there plus I'll probably be in Canada in 2014 so would also be handy for me!

It would be an excuse to go back home for me!

Ha same , i plan on being in canada in 2014 too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

rovert wrote: »
    WWE wrote this so I didn't have to. Fecking loved the Dangerous Alliance in early 90s WCW. Have a comp tape of all their compilation of their zillion singles, tag, six and eight man matches on all of WCW weekend TV shows carrying some of the poxyiest wrestlers on the roster to fun matches.

I think I have the same comp! Most underappreciated stable ever. Its a pity they never get mentioned in discussions about all time great groups. As good as any group ever in terms of workrate. Shocked that WWE would even reference them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Ha same , i plan on being in canada in 2014 too

Me too! Are you all planning on heading to Toronto or elsewhere?

Oops, realised this is the news thread, apologies mods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I think I have the same comp! Most underappreciated stable ever. Its a pity they never get mentioned in discussions about all time great groups. As good as any group ever in terms of workrate. Shocked that WWE would even reference them.

Joey Styles is in charge of WWE.com.They're always referencing things that would never get mentioned on TV.

Me too! Are you all planning on heading to Toronto or elsewhere?

Oops, realised this is the news thread, apologies mods!

Yup applying for my visa atm and hope to head to toronto

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if it wasn't in Madison Square Garden. Mania 1, 10 and 20 have all been at the Garden.

I think WWE wants Mania to be a stadium only show going forward. Too much money to be made and you can you all sorts of production things.

With the Garden I don't think WWE has much affinity for it any more. MSG Management got arsey with them 10 years ago and the refit of the arena really destroyed the character it had.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I was watching one of the Legends of Wrestling roundtable discussion things recently on YouTube and they pretty much made it clear that Mania is strictly a stadium show from now on as long as they do the desired business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

just watched the video there, bloody brilliant, if only they made their films that good :D

probably is taker if its real or it could be a new fandango video :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

montyrebel wrote: »
    just watched the video there, bloody brilliant, if only they made their films that good :D

What video ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

montyrebel wrote: »

If you're on about the WWE Anonymous video, it's a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

lockie1983 wrote: »
    If you're on about the WWE Anonymous video, it's a fake.

We're all being worked, it's the return of Shelton Benjamin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

But the channel on youtube is a confirmed WWE channel?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Tom1991 wrote: »
    But the channel on youtube is a confirmed WWE channel?

How is it a confirmed WWE channel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

I failed hard there my apologies fell For the WWE Confirmed channel Link on the accounts homepage.

WWE held tryouts last weekend
    Talents who were there included former WWE ECW star Shawn "Gavin" Spears (why a former WWE contracted talent needs to try out again is beyond me, but that's another story!), PWG champion/ROH TV champion Adam Cole, DGUSA star Samuray del Sol, ROH star Mike Bennett, Extreme Rising star Luke Hawx, former NFL player Lorenzo Hood, former New Japan talent Ricky Reyes, Northeast indy talent/Taz protege Smith James and Nathan Banner, who did a tour of ZERO-ONE billed as Ernie Ladd Jr.

http://pwinsider.com/article/75274/lots-of-exclusive-details-on-wwes-tryouts-for-indy-talents-last-weekend.html?p=1

Cole, Del Sol and Bennett all have great potential. Always thought Spears was given the shaft by WWE. He was Cody Rhode's tag partner in developmental and million times better.

Hulk Hogan turns Premiership tipster, brother:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21370831

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Chelsea 40-1 Wigan, brother.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've placed bets on less reliable sources. Imagine the odds on a -39 handicap :p

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

former WWE ECW star Shawn "Gavin" Spears (why a former WWE contracted talent needs to try out again is beyond me, but that's another story!)

There is no other story. Whoever wrote that is not intelligent. Or at least lacks common sense. If I gave Eric Cantona a try out for Man Utd when he was 18 years old and decided to not hire him then but waited to see how he develops as a player, then took another look at him 3 years later, why wouldn't I give him another evaluation before hiring him? If I were sober this would annoy me 10 times more. This is why the internet is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Spears is probably another Cabana. Which is weird as Colt Cabana on the AOW has said countless times, he was either the best face or the best heel he encountered during his time in OVW. When you think of the talent that has come through he must be decent. He does lack that real superstar look if I'm tbph.

Bitta good news:
    Serena Deeb will be in action at the SHIMMER 53 event as part of WrestleCon on Saturday, April 6th, 2013 (the day before WrestleMania 29) at the Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus, NJ, and will also compete at the SHIMMER 54-57 tapings on Saturday & Sunday, April 13th & 14th at the Eagles Club in Berwyn, IL!

She was Serena in the SES in WWE for a bit too.

Back after 18 months after suffering a severe concussion in a match I regret watching. Honestly thought she was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Back after 18 months after suffering a severe concussion in a match I regret watching. Honestly thought she was done.

Care to elaborate on this?

I always liked serena - thought she was a great worker - such a shame the SES ended so prematurely!

• Advertisement

Care to elaborate on this?

Her match with Yumi Ohka in Volume 44. I don't even remember the bump just that she was so clearly badly out of it. That it kinda felt voyeuristic to watch her in that state. I don't know if you ever seen someone take a fit or seizure. It is that you don't know where to look feeling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement